Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 388 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Legends is a hard book to find at a reasonable price. I wanted to get a copy several months ago and could not find one for less than 1k

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Can I get an opinion on the value of the UK 'gift' signed on bookplate with slipcase editions of Desperation and The regulators?. Thanks in advance.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Juliana, I'm not familiar with a UK "gift" edition of Desperation and The Regulators. I know there's a signed/limited edition (on a bookplate) of both with slipcase that numbered up to 250. (I have #230). My cost was about $250 a few years ago. I imagine it may be more now--maybe $300.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Yes, that must be the one I was refering to. Is that 2 books in 1 slipcase?.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep.

The bookplate should be numbered (like mine) as xxx/250.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    Legends is a hard book to find at a reasonable price. I wanted to get a copy several months ago and could not find one for less than 1k
    and to think I had a dozen of them when they came out. It was difficult to do since they were released as 1 per store ( and perhaps as a lottery ).

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Yes, that must be the one I was refering to. Is that 2 books in 1 slipcase?.
    that's the one. It's not a gift edition like so many of the UK limiteds. The gift editions all had plates with facsimile signatures ( printed ).

I think the only truly signed limited UK editions are :
    Rose Madder, Insomnia had gift and S/L ( oddly the gift has a slipcase but not the S/L), Desperation/Regulators, DT IV and the trade UK Bag Of Bones with the S/L plate affixed.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Can I get an opinion on the value of the UK 'gift' signed on bookplate with slipcase editions of Desperation and The regulators?. Thanks in advance.
    Someone has put a bid of £230 ($460) on this set.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stephen-King-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I think the only truly signed limited UK editions are :
    Rose Madder, Insomnia had gift and S/L ( oddly the gift has a slipcase but not the S/L), Desperation/Regulators, DT IV and the trade UK Bag Of Bones with the S/L plate affixed.
    One addition, though not 100% King:
    1988 Prime Evil 1,000 (+250 UK, Bantam Press)

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about a "PC' Dolans Cadillac with marbeld boards?

or should I say "Pasiley" boards?
    Last edited by Chooch; 02-26-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: forget a discription

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    How about a "PC' Dolans Cadillac with marbeld boards?

or should I say "Pasiley" boards?
    There are two 'Dolan's Cadillac' with marbled boards.
    One is considered the "Lettered", and one the 1/250 "marbled".
    Both are in fact a marbled colored.
    Lord John Press printed an unknown, but substantial quantity of PC, etc versions of this title.
    Speaking from recent purchasing experience, I say a 1/250 (but a PC therefore unnumbered) copy in fine condition is worth ~$450-$650.
    I know it's a wide range, but to me that is how the books sells for.
    The "lettered" is a "market value". Who knows untill the sale is made.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for your input Mr Flagg.....However, Herb at Lord John Press has informed me that only 100 "PC" Editions were made. That being said and there is four states of them that would leave each state to 25 each. Does anyone know the four different states? I have what appears as a Deluxe (Gold,Gray,Black boards) and Im guessing the others would be the Cadillac boards and the colored Marble ...what would be the last?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your input Mr Flagg.....However, Herb at Lord John Press has informed me that only 100 "PC" Editions were made. That being said and there is four states of them that would leave each state to 25 each. Does anyone know the four different states? I have what appears as a Deluxe (Gold,Gray,Black boards) and Im guessing the others would be the Cadillac boards and the colored Marble ...what would be the last?
    There is, of course, the lettered edition limited to 26 copies. It has colored boards (primarily blue, red and grayish green) and leather on the spine and fore-edges of the front and rear boards (I think this is called "half leather"). Supposedly there is a "PC" edition of this binding but I have never seen one. Chris Cavalier and I have both looked for years. I think Barry Levin has seen one and affirms its existence but there must have been VERY few copies done if it does exist.

Other than that I know of only two other "PC" states. One for the deluxe edition that you have and one for the more common Cadillac boards. That would be three different "PC" states and not four.

Bibliographically it is a very interesting book. There are also two different proof states - one with blue-gray wrappers and one with brownish wrappers. I have no idea why that was done.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Insomnia had gift and S/L ( oddly the gift has a slipcase but not the S/L)
    Actually I've never been able to figure out if my UK Insomnia was the gift or limited, because those facsimile sigs are pretty good. And I bought it so long ago I have no idea what I paid for it, and I don't remember if it was the gift or limited.

It does not have a slipcase, so that's encouraging. Does anyone know if they are numbered and/or what color of ink he used to sign the Limited Edition?
    Geoff

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Actually I've never been able to figure out if my UK Insomnia was the gift or limited, because those facsimile sigs are pretty good. And I bought it so long ago I have no idea what I paid for it, and I don't remember if it was the gift or limited.

It does not have a slipcase, so that's encouraging. Does anyone know if they are numbered and/or what color of ink he used to sign the Limited Edition?
    They are easy to tell apart.

The S/L is a darker blue with glossy faux leather. No slipcase. The bookplate is signed by King and numbered ???/200.

The gift edition and slipcase have a cloth type cover. The bookplate has a facsimile signature and just says Limited Edition.

Everything else is the same. Both are sh*t limited editions.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

I'm still sad to see that the market has fallen this far.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

They are easy to tell apart.

The S/L is a darker blue with glossy faux leather. No slipcase. The bookplate is signed by King and numbered ???/200.

The gift edition and slipcase have a cloth type cover. The bookplate has a facsimile signature and just says Limited Edition.

Everything else is the same. Both are sh*t limited editions.
    Well crap, I have a Gift Edition without the slipcase. That sucks, Oh well...

btw Airtraffic some stuff is keeping it's value. I saw another Dark Tower 1st at $550, and the auction wasn't done. I'm not sure what it finished at but it was encouraging.
    Geoff

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, I'm wanting to pick up Lighthouse IV, V, and VI. These are the three Stephen King issues. Our very own CRinVA actually has a story in one. I just want the softcover, limited to 1 of 300 issues.

Any idea what I should pay??? I've got my eyes on one set, but want your opinion(s).

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heres a tough one (in my opinion):

1st edition trade copy of Land of Enchantment's "Cycle of the Werewolf".

Fine book, in near fine dust jacket (light edge wear, NO fading to spine or anywhere), in after market slipcase.

Signed by artist Berni Wrightson on the title page.

Also, is this the type of book (heavy with colour and black and white illustrations) that will jump in value when (god forbid) Berni passes?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Heres a tough one (in my opinion):

1st edition trade copy of Land of Enchantment's "Cycle of the Werewolf".

Fine book, in near fine dust jacket (light edge wear, NO fading to spine or anywhere), in after market slipcase.

Signed by artist Berni Wrightson on the title page.

Also, is this the type of book (heavy with colour and black and white illustrations) that will jump in value when (god forbid) Berni passes?
    Given the description, I would say $200, or close to it. This book is very hard to find in Fine/Fine condition because the DJ often has little white dots on it and is very fragile to boot. Aftermarket slipcase adds to the value somewhat.

Does this book shoot up in value if Bernie dies? Probably not.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    So, I'm wanting to pick up Lighthouse IV, V, and VI. These are the three Stephen King issues. Our very own CRinVA actually has a story in one. I just want the softcover, limited to 1 of 300 issues.

Any idea what I should pay??? I've got my eyes on one set, but want your opinion(s).
    I don;t really knkow the value but would think they are not really worth more than $10 - $15 each! of course I could sign Lighthouse VI and I am sure it would skyrocket in value to perhaps $16! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

I don;t really knkow the value but would think they are not really worth more than $10 - $15 each! of course I could sign Lighthouse VI and I am sure it would skyrocket in value to perhaps $16! :-)
    Availability seems to be the issue. Aside from one set (matching #'s and I'm assuming unsigned) for $75, I can't locate them anywhere. I actually own IV already.

I know they're not really "collector's" items, but between the fan fiction and articles, they're pretty good. And yes, you'd be expected to sign our copy of VI when we get it!

Country
    Country Flag

OK i know its not a book, and its onlt kinda SK related..but what do you think a ball park on this is?? Its 5 1/4 x 8 1/2

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...275&ppuser=573

Thanks for any help
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK i know its not a book, and its onlt kinda SK related..but what do you think a ball park on this is?? Its 5 1/4 x 8 1/2

Thanks for any help

Hmmmm....wild guess here, but $75-$100.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Thanks for any help

Hmmmm....wild guess here, but $75-$100.
    Thats a pretty good guess Wiz, Cemetery Dance was selling original drawings like that by Glenn for 100.00, you could request a drawing from any King book, I have 2, 1 from DT1 and 1 from DT2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 388 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast