Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 388 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Would like some thoughts on the value of the book I just posted in NP&J (Signed 1st of IT).

As far as condition, I would rate the book as Near Fine Minus.

Always interested to compare what I paid for the book versus what members here think it is worth.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd estimate $650-$850. I know that's a wide range, but some people don't want an inscribed edition (unless to themselves). More (25%) if the book is in perfect condition.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say the upper end of RF's estimate ~$800 (because I'm someone who prefers inscriptions to anyone, over flatsigned). I'd pay more again for an idiosyncratic or classic balloon inscription (~$1k).

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the auction I won to get the book.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Firs...rdt=true&rt=nc

So spot-on Jerome.

Given how seldom a true signed 1st comes up for sale...and when they do they are usually priced $1500 or more, I think a little higher than Jerome's estimation.

Cheapest one on ebay is $2,500....and I cannot find a sold one on the site (other than mine).

Here is a forgery that was bid up to $1026.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...p2047675.l2557
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Depends which market we are talking...here, fb, IG, ebay, betts etc are all different IMO. Last inscribed 1st i bought was $850(it was NF)(purchased from a member) . I think you did fine with the purchase..Being dated, i think 850-1k should be the range. Congrats on a beaut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input all.

Sounds like the consensus is I paid a fair price.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Have you seen the paste downs?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Not sure what you are asking.....you mean the paper pasted on the inside of the cover?.......yes they are grey.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what you are asking.....you mean the paper pasted on the inside of the cover?.......yes they are grey.
    That's what he was asking. I think he bought a few that were not first printings. They had white endpapers.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep^

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

That's what he was asking. I think he bought a few that were not first printings. They had white endpapers.
    That is what I was asking. I stopped bidding on that book as something bugged on about it. Hope it turns out good for ya.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That is what I was asking. I stopped bidding on that book as something bugged on about it. Hope it turns out good for ya.
    The copyright page is correct. The endpapers are correct.

As long as the inscription checks out. I noticed that the seller has/had some sketchy items.

edit: I just saw Rick's post in the P&J thread. The inscription checks out.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

As long as the inscription checks out. I noticed that the seller has/had some sketchy items.
    Agreed he has

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I like to think I’m up on current prices but what’s everyone’s gut on a S/L Slinger? I have approached a few and they all want like 6500+. I always thought $5-5500....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Kris I certainly would not disagree with you on your knowledge of current prices. However I believe the Signed Limited Gunslinger to be slightly different from many other books in the same category.
    If a matching numbered Dark Tower Set fetches $13,000 - 14,000 it is reasonable to assume that The Gunslinger will command half of that figure. II - VII LSOE and TWTTKH same number will be about $7,000 with the correct Gunslinger it doubles. There is always the chance with any copy that it just may be the number to make a set. Thereby because it automatically ties in with so many other books, apart from being on many peoples wish list I think $6,500 - 7,500 would not be considered “over the top”.
    It is only my opinion but I also consider The Gunslinger to be the gold standard of the King book market. If they fell through the floor then so would everything else, if they bounce along at the figures I have stated, one could make a fair assumption that the market is buoyant and healthy.
    I stand to be shot down in flames, but as stated that is just my opinion.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Kris I certainly would not disagree with you on your knowledge of current prices. However I believe the Signed Limited Gunslinger to be slightly different from many other books in the same category.
    If a matching numbered Dark Tower Set fetches $13,000 - 14,000 it is reasonable to assume that The Gunslinger will command half of that figure. II - VII LSOE and TWTTKH same number will be about $7,000 with the correct Gunslinger it doubles. There is always the chance with any copy that it just may be the number to make a set. Thereby because it automatically ties in with so many other books, apart from being on many peoples wish list I think $6,500 - 7,500 would not be considered “over the top”.
    It is only my opinion but I also consider The Gunslinger to be the gold standard of the King book market. If they fell through the floor then so would everything else, if they bounce along at the figures I have stated, one could make a fair assumption that the market is buoyant and healthy.
    I stand to be shot down in flames, but as stated that is just my opinion.
    I am definitely not an expert on values/prices, but this is my thinking too.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$5,500 to $6,000. You shouldn't extrapolate the price based on 7 or 9 books, of matching number.
    There is extra value associated with a full set that matches. Taking that price and subtracting each book isn't a logical way to proceed. The Stand alone book is worth ~15% less by itself than with a full matching II-IVII, lsoe, twttk added on.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

That does not really answer the question of why Kris cannot purchase a copy at $5,500.
    You can argue it round in circles all day, however no single person dictates the price of a book. It appears that most of the people Kris has approached are in favour of $6,500 plus.
    I happen to have ten of them and that is ten that categorically would not be sold under $7,000 each.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed he has

I too have been burned once with a signed "first edition" that showed up with white endpapers.

I was aware of the sellers previous sketchy items....and honestly I think it worked in my favor.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    That does not really answer the question of why Kris cannot purchase a copy at $5,500.
    You can argue it round in circles all day, however no single person dictates the price of a book. It appears that most of the people Kris has approached are in favour of $6,500 plus.
    I happen to have ten of them and that is ten that categorically would not be sold under $7,000 each.
    I stand by my statement. If a person is patient, they will find one for $6K. If the person is in a hurry, then they can pick one up for $7K-$7.5K

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I stand by my statement. If a person is patient, they will find one for $6K. If the person is in a hurry, then they can pick one up for $7K-$7.5K
    That is the policy for all collecting. And the main thing of course, how rich you are, or not.

I would love to agree with you Alan, but if I did then I would be wrong as well.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well it sure makes it easier if you are rich........but collecting is not about just buying a collection.

It's like hunting in a way......searching for that perfect spot, positioning yourself just right, and knowing when to pull the trigger.

For what it is worth...I found a S/L Gunslinger for $2800 about 5 years ago.......yes the exception not the rule.......but those exceptions are what makes the hobby fun.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Well it sure makes it easier if you are rich........but collecting is not about just buying a collection.

It's like hunting in a way......searching for that perfect spot, positioning yourself just right, and knowing when to pull the trigger.

For what it is worth...I found a S/L Gunslinger for $2800 about 5 years ago.......yes the exception not the rule.......but those exceptions are what makes the hobby fun.
    Agreed. Finding a score is like a narcotic to me. My Lettered Shining was $1400. I think I got it this past Jan? Not long ago anyways.... it happens to all of us. And it’s a rush. So rick, wanna make a couple K? Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Agree with this. There are so many that I would love to get my I would not think of my self as "rich" when it comes to collecting. I am trying to pick my spots. I have
    a few things in the pipeline so I will need to relax for a bit. But hopefully I can find what I want when I am ready again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 388 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 ... LastLast