Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 388 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That is a fair, but not great price. Particularly with a previous owner inscription inside. I'd pass and be patient.
    Thanks for the input Jerome. Much appreciated! Sigh. I'll wait but it's beginning to cause mild palpitations
    I might have one for you that I would let go cheaper than that

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

How about Easton Press Dead Zone first printing?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Sold a few of them Nick... $150 was what I got for one and $175 for the other... cannot recall the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Sold a few of them Nick... $150 was what I got for one and $175 for the other... cannot recall the other

Thanks Kris. I was thinking 150 but wasn’t sure.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

What is a reasonable estimate for market value of a red numeral (VIII) deluxe leather bound edition of Centipede 'Salem's Lot?

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    What is a reasonable estimate for market value of a red numeral (VIII) deluxe leather bound edition of Centipede 'Salem's Lot?
    One changed hands in the last year or two for 17500.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    One changed hands in the last year or two for 17500.
    Thanks for the info FM.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

FWIW. David at Betts sold this one for $10,500: Salem's Lot Deluxe Lettered #4 Red roman numeral Salem's Lettered....There are only 10 and this was #4

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Not many have changed hands of recent date, however I do know that one was sold for $20,000.
    Very difficult to put a price on this one, several determining factors, the main one being how badly do you want it.
    I only knew of two until you mentioned this one. Number I and IV.

Thanks for the input. Based on those numbers the average selling price would be $16,000. I was thinking it might be worth $15,000 but, as Alec stated, how much one desires the book will determine the outcome.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input. Based on those numbers the average selling price would be $16,000. I was thinking it might be worth $15,000 but, as Alec stated, how much one desires the book will determine the outcome.
    I was gonna tell you when we were talking my number would have been $15k.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I was gonna tell you when we were talking my number would have been $15k.
    Do you guys think the black roman numeral has the same value or less?
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

With a limitation of 15 as opposed to 10, there is little difference, however due to that difference and the fact that the Black Roman is seen more often than the Red Roman, I would say the Red has the edge on price.
    Then again it is all down to condition.
    Do not forget that this particular book in both states is of global interest. It is a book that any bibliophile ( not King connected ) would be interested in. Hence my belief in the price.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    With a limitation of 15 as opposed to 10, there is little difference, however due to that difference and the fact that the Black Roman is seen more often than the Red Roman, I would say the Red has the edge on price.
    Then again it is all down to condition.
    Do not forget that this particular book in both states is of global interest. It is a book that any bibliophile ( not King connected ) would be interested in. Hence my belief in the price.
    Pardon my ignorance on this particular edition, but other than a couple of the obvious reasons, why is this book of greater interest and value to the non-King collecting community? I get that it is signed, an all out publication material and such wise and of course the severe limitation, but it seems to me that you are referring to/implying a more deeper story/set of conditions/features, yes?

Very curious

Hi Bill,
    There is no deeper story, just the make up of the book. A fine binding, terrific paper stock and the finished covering. Added to which the proportions of the book and its limitation would be a draw to any collector of desirable books. One of Jerads finest, much in the same vein as Paul Suntup’s work has become.
    All the very best with your forthcoming procedure.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Bill,
    There is no deeper story, just the make up of the book. A fine binding, terrific paper stock and the finished covering. Added to which the proportions of the book and its limitation would be a draw to any collector of desirable books. One of Jerads finest, much in the same vein as Paul Suntup’s work has become.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Alec, BTW nice to converse with you again. It's been awhile and I hope all is well with you and yours.

Okay,so I'm not trying to beat you with a skillet or ve an asshole to you either. It was just that the way you said it in your post made me think there was something more to the edition. To me there is two main types of collectors. Those that collect, King and those that collect (don't really have a great phrase or connotation) literary works, like Dickens, Twain, Churchill Salinger, Tolkien etc. So I guess I immediately took your post as suggesting that the edition had some higher "literary" value as age would not apply as yet.

Of course, I am aware of the production values in, Jerad's edition and of course in, Paul's (Suntup) of which there are few higher. So, you think that my so called "Literary Collectors" would be apt to take notice of this work? That's an interesting perspective and a great observation. I don't know that I would fully agree with you given what opinions those "Literary types" tend to purport where, King is concerned, but it is indeed a very special book and production. Too bad, King himself had such a bad attitude towards it initially (that attitude has changed recently, no?)

Thanks for taking the time out to respond and pardon my inaptitude in trying to convey what my addled brain is thinking!! lol lol Keep up the good work you, British Book Bull Dog! lol

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Hi Bill,
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Alec, BTW nice to converse with you again. It's been awhile and I hope all is well with you and yours.

Okay,so I'm not trying to beat you with a skillet or ve an asshole to you either. It was just that the way you said it in your post made me think there was something more to the edition. To me there is two main types of collectors. Those that collect, King and those that collect (don't really have a great phrase or connotation) literary works, like Dickens, Twain, Churchill Salinger, Tolkien etc. So I guess I immediately took your post as suggesting that the edition had some higher "literary" value as age would not apply as yet.

Of course, I am aware of the production values in, Jerad's edition and of course in, Paul's (Suntup) of which there are few higher. So, you think that my so called "Literary Collectors" would be apt to take notice of this work? That's an interesting perspective and a great observation. I don't know that I would fully agree with you given what opinions those "Literary types" tend to purport where, King is concerned, but it is indeed a very special book and production. Too bad, King himself had such a bad attitude towards it initially (that attitude has changed recently, no?)

Thanks for taking the time out to respond and pardon my inaptitude in trying to convey what my addled brain is thinking!! lol lol Keep up the good work you, British Book Bull Dog! lol
    I think there is a third category of collectors - collectors who are interested in finely made books. The reference to Paul is apt - his books, especially the lettered editions, are beautifully crafted objects. And there are other editions out there too that meet exceptionally high standards for materials, design, and production. Collectors who see these books as objects-of-art are interested in books from many publishers and authors (of course it always helps when they like the book or author itself).

A couple of other examples of books like these, that have wide appeal, would be the Earthling Publications lettered version of Song of Kali (15 copies), or the Charnel House lettered edition of Last Call (26 copies). Both of these are extremely desirable on the secondary market, even for people who don't "collect" either of the authors (Dan Simmons and Tim Powers, respectively).

I agree with Alec that the Roman Numeral state of Salem's Lot is one of the superior examples of the fine bookmaking craft and thus one of the most expensive.

I'm not sure how many collectors here realize this, but Stephen King collectors are an exceptionally lucky lot! There are so many beautiful examples of his works out there - the asbestos Firestarter, the coffin The Stand, the lettered The Regulators, the Centipede Press Salem's Lot, the lettered GBB, Suntup's Misery, and on and on... Most people's favorite authors are lucky to have one edition that's as fine as any of these. King collectors have a dozen or more! To some extent it's circular - King has a lot of books and a lot of fans, some proportion of those fans are serious collectors, and so the market will support some very extravagant editions of his work in the way it wouldn't for an author like Gore Vidal (one of my favorite authors, and also quite prolific, but with a fan base a mere fraction of the size of King's).

That's part of what propels some of King's works to such stratospheric prices - the collecting base is not only made up of King collectors, who themselves are quite numerous, but also people who collect beautiful books. That's who I believe that Alec is referring to (and he can correct me if I'm wrong!).

[Also - best of luck with your upcoming procedure!]

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well stated on both your accounts. I appreciate the open and informative discourse!!!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Opinions on what a nice copy of the UK Carrie first would command? I haven't seen one of these in the wild in quite some time and none of my usual searches are turning up any copies...

I'm debating trying to go after one of these but I want to know what I'm in for first

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Opinions on what a nice copy of the UK Carrie first would command? I haven't seen one of these in the wild in quite some time and none of my usual searches are turning up any copies...

I'm debating trying to go after one of these but I want to know what I'm in for first
    Careful... there is one floating around for a grand but price clipped. I think it is a 700-750 book but they want a grand. If your ok with that... it’s a nice copy otherwise

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot....they hardly ever come up...Ive always heard 1200-1500, I paid 1800 last year and felt good about it as I was tired of looking

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

A lot....they hardly ever come up...Ive always heard 1200-1500, I paid 1800 last year and felt good about it as I was tired of looking
    I agree that a nice one for 1800 isn’t crazy. Member here has one for 2k that’s nice if memory serves

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever used "docusign"?

I've noticed that the signature on this document shared on twitter by Steve has a signature that does not look like his usual signatures.
    It seems to me that this is a digitalised signature, probably created through the fonts available by "docusign"
    > https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...281280/photo/1

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Has anyone ever used "docusign"?

I've noticed that the signature on this document shared on twitter by Steve has a signature that does not look like his usual signatures.
    It seems to me that this is a digitalised signature, probably created through the fonts available by "docusign"
    > https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...281280/photo/1

Yes, I have used docusign. I believe that is the default font. IIRC you can choose to change the font, and there may even be an option to create your own with the mouse, but they generally look so ugly if you do it that way.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Just thought I’d toss this out there: I recently picked up a BCE of THINNER from a thrift shop and on the copyright page it states that printing and binding was done by Berryville Graphics. Other BCEs I’ve seen for sale don’t have this distinction. Does that impact its value at all or is this just another cheap BCE reading copy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 388 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 ... LastLast