Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 388 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Thanks Kris. I guess I am wondering about most of my signed stuff. One more today S\L Stand #.
    Thanks again.
    I sold 6 of them for $2500 and one for $2300 in the last 6 months on Facebook if that helps.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Is Misery one of those items, you think?
    No, but IMO, the rebound IT very well might meet the definition.
    Spoiler:
    <-----------------Prepares for slings and arrows coming his way.
    Very glad to hear that about Misery, for my own selfish reasons. Seems like the final value could still possibly be on the rise, too. Wonder what would happen if someone lists the numbered for $5K-$6K, for instance.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    OK.
    Somebody has to please explain to me why people here, and David are giving Green Mile lettered such a high value when The Collector has the top value of the lettered at just bellow $5,000. I don't understand the difference. Can somebody please tell me why?
    Thanks
    I would never use the Collector for values. Never right. I thought this was a $7500-8500 book BUT demand is there. Be neat to see outcome! I alas, cannot go that high and am after one... so I will keep waiting. It just may very well sell....
    Thanks for the reply
    Then how is a novice like me supposed to know what my collection (or a single book) might be worth. For instance a Christine S\L# Stand S\L# or SC S\L# or Dr. SleepS\L# with a full page remarque... how and I supposed to know. Just post them here and see what people say?
    Well, Mike, as my wife so elegantly stated to me one day, "Your collection only has value to you until you sell it".
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's true Brian. That's true.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Very glad to hear that about Misery, for my own selfish reasons. Seems like the final value could still possibly be on the rise, too. Wonder what would happen if someone lists the numbered for $5K-$6K, for instance.
    I think you will see Misery settle into the $2500 range.. maybe more. The value now is everyone wanting those 'rights'. They are gambling on the chance Suntup gets another King book. I hope it happens as does everyone else but it is not set in stone. I do not think you would ever see one in the 5k range. The last auction was $4050.. and i feel that was high... the only S/L hitting $5k... is the Gunslinger. Lettereds seem to be skies the limit lately though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks for your thoughts Kris .

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I think you will see Misery settle into the $2500 range.. maybe more. The value now is everyone wanting those 'rights'. They are gambling on the chance Suntup gets another King book. I hope it happens as does everyone else but it is not set in stone. I do not think you would ever see one in the 5k range. The last auction was $4050.. and i feel that was high... the only S/L hitting $5k... is the Gunslinger. Lettereds seem to be skies the limit lately though!
    I think the issue of rights alone will keep the value higher than 2500. Even though it's not set in stone that Suntup will make another King S/L, the issue of rights won't subside until 1) another King S/L is produced 2) Suntup publicly states that they won't do another King S/L or 3) Suntup stops publishing (for whatever reason and god forbid). Until one of those three things happen, the rights in combination with the small limitation will keep the value at 3.5-4.5 K, IMHO. The quality of the publication will probably help too

Edit: And don't forget, that auction that ended at 4050 happened the day before Paul announced the upgrades to the numbered edition. We haven't seen a public sale since that announcement.

Edit 2: And I just realized there’s a #4) King dies or announces he absolutely will never sign another limited edition (and sticks by it).
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Spoiler:
    I think the issue of rights alone will keep the value higher than 2500. Even though it's not set in stone that Suntup will make another King S/L, the issue of rights won't subside until 1) another King S/L is produced 2) Suntup publicly states that they won't do another King S/L or 3) Suntup stops publishing (for whatever reason and god forbid). Until one of those three things happen, the rights in combination with the small limitation will keep the value at 3.5-4.5 K, IMHO. The quality of the publication will probably help too
    All interesting points. Kind of off topic question here, but related: do you think another King production is, without a doubt, definitely going to happen? I realize there’s more to it than Paul wanting to do it but the buzz alone around this book must register very well with the powers that be.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

All interesting points. Kind of off topic question here, but related: do you think another King production is, without a doubt, definitely going to happen? I realize there’s more to it than Paul wanting to do it but the buzz alone around this book must register very well with the powers that be.
    I think Paul will try to do another one. But I also think the powers that be are fairly indifferent to the buzz or to the success of a limited edition. I get the feeling that King's career has been so long and successful that he is kind of jaded towards the little guys.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody

It might surprise you but SK himself has little (and more likely zero) info about the "buzz". There are a few VERY important intermediaries who facilitated the permission(s) for Suntup do do the book.
    They may or may not know, but if they do, I don't think the wild pricing speculation (tulpenmanie) is impressive/important to them.

IMO, it might actually hurt the possibility of Suntup doing another King book.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    But I also think the powers that be are fairly indifferent to the buzz or to the success of a limited edition.
    Good point. I was thinking in the interest of “no publicity is bad publicity.” But you’re right, we’re pretty insignificant in the big picture considering how many millions of readers there are compared to thousands of collectors.

IMO, it might actually hurt the possibility of Suntup doing another King book.
    Shit, I didn’t think of it that way. King isn’t too fond of collectors because of the crazy amounts of money we spend on his books, right? No offense, but I really hope you’re wrong!

My Mood
    Cool

Again, all you have to do is watch 1408 and it will give you an insight. The last person at the main characters book signing has a ratty paper back book that she wants signed. The Author in the movie was excited and asked where she got that old thing. I think King likes to see worn, dog eared books rather then books that look like they have been sealed for 30 years. It just shows him that people like his stories and not just a perfect book with his signature. I really think you will see less and less public signings. I mean a few have already been really limited (one location) or really really limited (no location). I sort of wish I had more of my old paper backs. I still may have a few. I like to buy the limited ed partly because of his sig, but also because many of them look really nice. I mean is anybody going to argue that The Stand limited isn't a wonderfully done book? That also happens to be a great story.
    Just my thoughts.

My Mood
    Chatty

I think King likes to see worn, dog eared books rather then books that look like they have been sealed for 30 years.
    Makes sense. If I ever have a chance to ask him to sign my limited edition, maybe I should tell him I read his books on a Kindle and that’s why my copy looks unread. Although it would be kind of cool to have a King-signed Kindle.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cycle of the Werewolf S/L? F/F no spine fade....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    ~$900-1K.

Just one persons opinion.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

~$900-1K.

This other person says a Fine D/J copy would be worth well OVER $1000, if you could find one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    ~$900-1K.

This other person says a Fine D/J copy would be worth well OVER $1000, if you could find one.
    I would have to agree. The jackets are all screwed... It took me YEARS to find a fine one and I PAID to get it. I just would not buy it until it was flawless.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

~$900-1K.

I would have to agree. The jackets are all screwed... It took me YEARS to find a fine one and I PAID to get it. I just would not buy it until it was flawless.
    Were the dj's issued the same as the ones for the trade edition? Just wondered if buying a trade edition with a better dj and swapping them out was an option...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Same DJ's.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Same DJ's.
    and the same problem finding a Fine copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Same DJ's.
    and the same problem finding a Fine copy.
    Big time!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One for sale in collectibles classifieds for $925.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I am selling a UK The Bachman Books. A member here is interested in purchasing it. We would appreciate a valuation.

Spoiler:

Top corner bumps

Top and edge of page block

Bottom of page block

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I am selling a UK The Bachman Books. A member here is interested in purchasing it. We would appreciate a valuation.
    The book is not in great condition, so I would guess a value of $65

Traveler palooka will become famous soon enough palooka will become famous soon enough

Bit of a general question if you could help?

I have a paperback edition of Pet Sematary inscribed to me. As such it is not something I ever plan to sell. However, I was interested to know if the page removed from a paperback i.e. just an autograph, had the same value as a signed paperback?

I can't think signed paperback is worth too much and a signed page could be framed etc?

Any input appreciated. thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 388 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 ... LastLast