Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 388 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That's fascinating.

Why is there a range of copies signed per day, rather than an exact number? I mean, if the exact number is not known, how is the range known?

HBJ

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    PM sent Josh. I almost missed it until Simon pointed it out! During the great DT Depression last week
    SHIT!!! haha i totally read that PM too and wrote a response in my head... my brain has been all kinds of frizzled this week.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    That's fascinating.

Why is there a range of copies signed per day, rather than an exact number? I mean, if the exact number is not known, how is the range known?

HBJ
    The numbers on the stephenkingcollector.com site show the highest and lowest number that's been seen so far for each book. The highest number for July 5 was #109 and the lowest for July 6 was #167. So based on that we know that there are at least 109 copies signed on the 5th (because copy 110 could have theoretically been the first one signed on the 6th) at most 166 copies signed on the 5th (because copy #167 was definitely signed on the 6th). I just extrapolated from there.

There may be members here who have seen a copy between 109 and 167 (or between 368-373, or 590-608 ), which would narrow it down further. But it's definitely the case that more books were signed on the 6th and 7th then on the 5th or 8th.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The lowest number I'm aware of for July 6th is #163

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...estarter+-+S+L

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Firestarter #65 signed July 5, 1980

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Firestarters are:

July 5 30/725
    July 6 167/725
    July 7 441/725
    July 8 626/725

The story I heard was that on the 6th and 7th, Phantasia we’re moving offices, so less were signed on those dates, and many of those that were went to staff and contractors. That’s just what I heard
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    My Firestarters are:

July 5 30/725
    July 6 167/725
    July 7 441/725
    July 8 626/725

The story I heard was that on the 6th and 7th, Phantasia we’re moving offices, so less were signed on those dates, and many of those that were went to staff and contractors. That’s just what I heard
    Seems to be a lot of rumors going around! But there were definitely more signed on the 6th and 7th so hard to say what's true. I think I'll start a new thread about this and ask folks to contribute their numbers. We may be able to narrow down the range even further...

Thanks for sharing your numbers

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a ballpark figure on a Misery proof (NF). Thanks!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Looking for a ballpark figure on a Misery proof (NF). Thanks!
    About $125.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say in the $150-200 range, given it's in NF condition.

John

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Several collectors who I trust to know their stuff told me I paid way too much for this, and I don’t disagree. Just wanting to get more expert opinions on a specific value so I can rip the bandaid off and sell the damn thing. I paid $195.

The numbers on the fore edge were written by CD, as far as I know (a buyer who was interested in it said he confirmed this with CD). I know this probably doesn’t do anything to increase the value but I’m mentioning it because I’m wondering if you think it would still decrease value considering it came from CD like this.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's just a variant of the proof. The value is not affected. I paid $200-250 for my copies back in 2010.

John

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    It's just a variant of the proof. The value is not affected. I paid $200-250 for my copies back in 2010.

John
    Maybe I didn’t get ripped off after all!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe John is indicating that he paid $200 - $250 for his copies of both Volume I and Volume II.

Did you pay $195 for simply Volume II?

My assumption may be incorrect but simply a point of consideration.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I believe John is indicating that he paid $200 - $250 for his copies of both Volume I and Volume II.

Did you pay $195 for simply Volume II?

My assumption may be incorrect but simply a point of consideration.
    Oh that would make more sense. I paid $195 for just this one copy.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid $200 for the one with a number and $250 for the one without. See post 234 in my collections thread. I did not post the one without the number, though, since the covers are identical.

John

My Mood
    Chatty

Then we’re on the same page. Selling it for $200 has been slow going though. A couple inquiries but sticker shock every time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Price check on these S/L editions;

- Eyes of the Dragon
    - Wind Through the Keyhole (US)

Been out of the collecting game for a little during my studies, so I just want to get my bearing on prices. Much appreciated in advance!
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

How much is this thing worth? Does the publisher's letter significantly increase the price of the proof? I think I paid $125 for it a long time ago.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    How much is this thing worth? Does the publisher's letter significantly increase the price of the proof? I think I paid $125 for it a long time ago.

I don't mean to be out of line here, but that looks pretty freaking cool & DOTT is my favorite DT book. Are you thinking of selling? I'd sure be interested in seeing a little bit bigger pic of the letters. I'd welcome a PM and perhaps some discourse if you wouldn't mind. Again, if I'm out of line please accept my apologies.

FWIW, really cool item, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

No, I don't want to sell it, I'm just curious.
    If you look in my gallery and click on the picture, it blows up and you can read the letters.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    No, I don't want to sell it, I'm just curious.
    If you look in my gallery and click on the picture, it blows up and you can read the letters.
    Oh, cool. Thx!!! And, kudo's BTW on a really cool collectible item!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Any idea on a F/F first ed Carrie that is flat signed? And a UK proof flat signed of From a Buick 8?

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Any idea on a F/F first ed Carrie that is flat signed? And a UK proof flat signed of From a Buick 8?
    For Carrie

Assuming that its a really F/F its depending on the age of the signature id say
    70/80 - 2500+
    90/00 - 2000+
    10/+ - 1500+

open for other opinions but I guess its somewhere around that

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    For Carrie

Assuming that its a really F/F its depending on the age of the signature id say
    70/80 - 2500+
    90/00 - 2000+
    10/+ - 1500+

open for other opinions but I guess its somewhere around that
    Post 338
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ie#post1091448
    No year given.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 388 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 ... LastLast