Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 388 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    What is the current value on a signed first edition Different Seasons and a signed Skeleton Crew? Thanks!
    Recent King sig $350+. All depends on condition of book (DJ's can be replaced, although Fine DJ's for these 2 titles are VERY hard to find).
    25+ years old King signature $550+. Same info about condition applies. Add 25%+ for a dated sig 25+ years old.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What is the current value on a signed first edition Different Seasons and a signed Skeleton Crew? Thanks!
    Recent King sig $350+. All depends on condition of book (DJ's can be replaced, although Fine DJ's for these 2 titles are VERY hard to find).
    25+ years old King signature $550+. Same info about condition applies. Add 25%+ for a dated sig 25+ years old.
    I concur with RF. I was on the look out for a while for SC. I recently paid ~ $500 for a Skeleton Crew 1st, NF -, with a unique inscription dated mid-1980s. I've seen Different Seasons sell for a bit more.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys!

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bdwyer19,
    Are you looking at two books that came from the same place as the Dark Tower books I bought? If so, they are from the same collection, so I'm guessing the signatures are good. Wish I would have checked them out today - could have sent some pics. The books themselves looked to be in great shape at first glance, though again I didn't look closely. Let us know if you go for them!
    I've more than spent my budget for the time being. Now need to offload a few books to make back a bit of....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    Hi all,
    Thanks for the help. Went ahead and got it. Also picked up a Drawing of the Three trade edition, signed on the same date. That and the Gunslinger were $1300 total. Quite an upgrade for the ex-library copy I have on the shelf currently!
    Very nice and welcome to the site! Now, there are several places you'll have the post pics when they come in. P&J, number of sigs you own, you collection page, etc.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Hi all,
    Thanks for the help. Went ahead and got it. Also picked up a Drawing of the Three trade edition, signed on the same date. That and the Gunslinger were $1300 total. Quite an upgrade for the ex-library copy I have on the shelf currently!
    Very nice and welcome to the site! Now, there are several places you'll have the post pics when they come in. P&J, number of sigs you own, you collection page, etc.
    Thank you! I actually already have them - bought in person today, and will gladly post some pics (is this my 5th post yet!?). For a noob, what is P&J? Will get working on a collection page too. I have a few great signatures, and some horrible ones I bought on ebay before knowing...well, anything.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Hi all,
    Thank you! I actually already have them - bought in person today, and will gladly post some pics (is this my 5th post yet!?). For a noob, what is P&J? Will get working on a collection page too. I have a few great signatures, and some horrible ones I bought on ebay before knowing...well, anything.
    P&J=New Pride & Joy Thread here: New Pride & Joy

It's just as important to share our mishaps as well as our scores. Save someone else some heartache down the line.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've gone back in the thread, trying to find values of the individual U.K. Bachman Books, but am coming up empty. Could someone assist with prices?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    What's the going value on the Bag of Bones magnets that came with some of the ARCs?
    There's a mint set on ebay with starting bid of $49.99.
    The last set that sold on eBay went for $43 and came with the book.
    Okay completely off topic but your Avatar just scared the shit out of me and made me spill coffee... thanks a lot Brian!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    What's the going value on the Bag of Bones magnets that came with some of the ARCs?
    There's a mint set on ebay with starting bid of $49.99.
    The last set that sold on eBay went for $43 and came with the book.
    Okay completely off topic but your Avatar just scared the shit out of me and made me spill coffee... thanks a lot Brian!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

What's a Wolves of the Calla S/L worth?
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    What's a Wolves of the Calla S/L worth?
    $400-$450

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I was at Half Price Books the other day, I asked them how much they'd pay me for my spare VG/VG unsigned copy of the 1st edition (T39) The Stand, just because I was interested in hearing their answer. He "couldn't rightly say without seeing the book" but he guessed about $15. Think I should take them up on that?

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    When I was at Half Price Books the other day, I asked them how much they'd pay me for my spare VG/VG unsigned copy of the 1st edition (T39) The Stand, just because I was interested in hearing their answer. He "couldn't rightly say without seeing the book" but he guessed about $15. Think I should take them up on that?
    I took my Revival NF/NF signed by Stephen king with the program from the signing to Half Priced Books. I was told $5.00, I asked why so little and the guy said the book wasn't very popular and they only offered me $5 because Stephen King signed it.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think they aren't very good at detecting whether the seller is a reader or a collector....probably by design. It hurts me to think how many readers they lowball and take advantage of. And I'm sure that their book buyers aren't always very good with understanding that they are looking at a collectible book.

I guess that if this didn't happen, then some of us wouldn't find some incredible deals there from time to time.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

I would like to be a book inspector for Half Price Books.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think they aren't very good at detecting whether the seller is a reader or a collector....probably by design. It hurts me to think how many readers they lowball and take advantage of. And I'm sure that their book buyers aren't always very good with understanding that they are looking at a collectible book.

I guess that if this didn't happen, then some of us wouldn't find some incredible deals there from time to time.
    ! was told by an ex employee that they know exactly what they are doing. After awhile they know what collectable books to look for and
    consciously offer very little to the seller. Many of the sellers don't know what they have and/or are cleaning out an estate or something like that
    and have no idea. They want the collectibles and even pay little bonuses to employees who find them and get them cheap, then they sell them online
    or auction.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a phone conversation with one of their employees recently where I asked him to describe any flaws on a book. After he told me them, I said "So, it sounds like it's in Near Fine condition, right?". He quickly went on the defensive, and said "Whoa, it's not up to me to say what it's condition is. That's up to the buyer." At that point, I decided that since they have a good return policy, it was worth the risk.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

! was told by an ex employee that they know exactly what they are doing. After awhile they know what collectable books to look for and
    consciously offer very little to the seller. Many of the sellers don't know what they have and/or are cleaning out an estate or something like that
    and have no idea. They want the collectibles and even pay little bonuses to employees who find them and get them cheap, then they sell them online
    or auction.
    I had a feeling something like that was going on. I brought in a signed book and they gave me a couple dollars for and then I saw it on sale for $40 dollars.
    One time I brought in a Joe Hill signed Fireman that was damaged. The guy wanted me to give it to him for free because it wasn't worth anything.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE REALLY RARE JOE HILL BOOK IS......
    Spoiler:
    AN UNSIGNED JOE HILL BOOK!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the current value of a "GBB" S/L?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What is the current value of a "GBB" S/L?
    As they are unreleased, I don't think there is a aftermarket value established yet. List price was $450
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

This copy of Different Seasons meets the "dated sig that is 25+ years old" criteria...assuming book and DJ are NF/F, and it is indeed a 1st edition....would you really value it at $650-$700?

I personally like the fact that it is inscribed, and yet not to anyone in particular.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how anyone else feels, but I would pay $600 for it based upon NF/F condition...perhaps a bit more. The inscription with no name adds value for me. If it was 1982 or 1983 inscription, I'd probably pay a silly price.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 388 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 ... LastLast