Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 388 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 368 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Fear Itself S/L?
    The only one at Betts sold for $162
    Thanks RT

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm negotiating with a seller who says that a book has a very small (maybe a quarter-inch) tear on a couple pages. What would that do overall value, since it's no longer Fine?

Gunslinger Apprentice Oreo713 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone! okay, I'm going to admit it....I have no clue what a PROOF is.

Would someone be so kind to explain it to me? Thanks.

BTW I have S/L Dark Tower books for sale..#3 - SOE, all the same number, and a quite a few other books that have to go. I will make a list as soon as I can get my butt downstairs into my library.
    Many thanks

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo713 View Post
    Hi everyone! okay, I'm going to admit it....I have no clue what a PROOF is.

Would someone be so kind to explain it to me? Thanks.

BTW I have S/L Dark Tower books for sale..#3 - SOE, all the same number, and a quite a few other books that have to go. I will make a list as soon as I can get my butt downstairs into my library.
    Many thanks
    A proof or an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) is a copy of the book that is released in limited quantities before the book goes for sale. They are normally given away to reviewers and people in the publishing business, so far as I know. But they can also be used for verifying specs of books as sort of a prelim copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going rate for TDTOTT UK Sphere PB? Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Going rate for TDTOTT UK Sphere PB? Thanks!
    These sell regulary on ebay UK for a few pounds. Condition makes a huge difference. I think the last one I saw was £12.

Betts has only sold a signed one and that was only $125

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Going rate for TDOTT UK Sphere PB? Thanks!
    These sell regulary on ebay UK for a few pounds. Condition makes a huge difference. I think the last one I saw was £12.

Betts has only sold a signed one and that was only $125
    Wow. Surprisingly low compared to it's counterparts. Thanks, Alan.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I'm negotiating with a seller who says that a book has a very small (maybe a quarter-inch) tear on a couple pages. What would that do overall value, since it's no longer Fine?
    I think it would degrade the value quite a bit. It would have to be a very rare book to even consider buying it with torn pages (even if only 1/4").

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think it would degrade the value quite a bit. It would have to be a very rare book to even consider buying it with torn pages (even if only 1/4").
    Thanks RF. That's where I was leaning, but needed affirmation.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perfect Firestarter... S/L
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Oreo713 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

thank you very much....

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    $1250-$1500 maybe more if dated earliest - 7/5/80
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris,

If you can find a perfect copy for less than $1.6K, jump on it. The dates also matter. I found the higher numbers harder to find in the best condition. Others had the opposite experience. Searching for (and finding) the numbers to complete a full set is a challenge...but fun! Hope this helps.

Best,
    John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Kris,

If you can find a perfect copy for less than $1.6K, jump on it. The dates also matter. I found the higher numbers harder to find in the best condition. Others had the opposite experience. Searching for (and finding) the numbers to complete a full set is a challenge...but fun! Hope this helps.

Best,
    John
    Yeah its a $1000 and MINT... I just cannot swing it. Trying.. man I am trying...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

You will get an amazing bargain if you get it at $1K. See if you can buy it in a few installments...GOOD LUCK!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    You will get an amazing bargain if you get it at $1K. See if you can buy it in a few installments...GOOD LUCK!
    Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Current value of The Girl Next Door S/L?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Betts have sold 4 since David took over: $175, $175, $155, $225

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Betts have sold 4 since David took over: $175, $175, $155, $225
    Thanks Alan!

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Out of curiosity, what's the market if one finds the correct buyers for a 1st/1st Carrie in VG+ shape signed/dated right after publication date? This is the earliest NON inscribed signature/date combo I've seen on a Carrie...actually on any of his books....as nobody knew who he was so pretty much meant everything was inscribed to friends/family/fans/publisher types. (At least nobody has shown me an earlier NON inscribed Carrie...or other King book...with an earlier date.)

Your thoughts? Pricing is all over and takes right situation I know.

BONUS QUESTION: Any idea of a value for the heavy Copper printing press plates for Needful Things and Dolores Claiborne 1st/1st's would bring? Truly one of a kind as I've reached out to the old publishers and King contacts and sounds like all plates like this were (supposed) to be destroyed for copyright reasons. The lady who worked at the publisher for 20 years was able to keep them and then sell to me, so that's how I have them. I WISH it was any book except Dolores Claiborne...but what can you do. sigh.... LOVE Needful Things so very happy one of the sets is for it. These are the plates that made every single 1st/1st of each book. At some point, your 1st/1st of Needful Things touched the plate which I now touch, so we are all connected now. whoa! At any rate, such random and wonderful items and hard to value (other than eyes of the beholder which value them priceless..well there's always a price I guess).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A "bonus question" would infer there is something for the correct answer.
    Having received no "bonus" I would say that the die(s) for the book are "priceless", but not worth much at this time. IIRC, they have been offered before and didn't receive much attention.
    They are something that should go to the SK Folger (SP?) library at UOM.

EDIT:
    The Carrie question demands pics. It could be worth $1K, or not.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

You are inferring what I was not implying. The bonus is the question itself. Like a fine wine, the question lingers....

They offered these same plates or other ones? I don't recall ever seeing them here or anywhere else after a lot of searching/emailing/calling. If other plates exist, do you know who was selling/buying?

I don't have pics handy of the Carrie with the signature, but is VG+ or better if memory serves. Makes sense you'd need pics. I thought you were omniscient, but it seems you are slipping!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could be mistaken, but I thought that the member NeedfulThings here, did get a similar printing press thing from the Needful Things book?
    Which would then mean that it's no more one of a kind item
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I obviously got confused, as it was you that posted it
    >>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post975384
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I thought that the member NeedfulThings here, did get a similar printing press thing from the Needful Things book?
    Which would then mean that it's no more one of a kind item
    No way anyone has these specific ones other than me as they for sure came from the production manager of the press. I spoke with so many press people from "back in the day" and had to track down previous employees and spoke with Marsha and nobody seems to be able to locate any for King other than these sets I have now as policy was to destroy them. If there are others out there, then I'd like to procure them, so please email me if you know of any.

EDIT: I see your next post...yes, that was ME. haha! Needful Things was dazzling me with some of the amazing stuff on the shelf, so I tried to dazzle Needful Things with the press plates for the book, Needful Things!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 388 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 368 ... LastLast