Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 388 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Im pretty sure there were 2 or 3 at the price in the last year. One of them could have been 1599. Either way, I think 1500 is a great price for that book. With such a limited run and the fact that the original price was 900 dollars, I think any less than 1800 dollars is a bargain!

Sorry..... but I think it's time for a Facts Check.
    Christine S/L 1983 1/1,000 (Large print run for before the internet.) Issue price $65.00.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Im pretty sure there were 2 or 3 at the price in the last year. One of them could have been 1599. Either way, I think 1500 is a great price for that book. With such a limited run and the fact that the original price was 900 dollars, I think any less than 1800 dollars is a bargain!

Sorry..... but I think it's time for a Facts Check.
    Christine S/L 1983 1/1,000 (Large print run for before the internet.) Issue price $65.00.
    He is referring to the Green Mile S/L with this statement.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

MY BAD....CARRY ON.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    With such a limited run and the fact that the original price was 900 dollars, I think any less than 1800 dollars is a bargain!
    Well i am happy! I also did not know it was $900 when new. Crazy!!
    Regarding the Subterranean Press limited edition of The Green Mile: There was a lot of discussion about the pricing and a lot of people eventually cancelled their orders before the book was published for a variety of reasons. The numbered edition was $900 and was limited to 148 copies. The lettered edition was $2500 and was limited to 52 copies.

Some people thought $900 was too high for a limited edition and cancelled after getting a confirmed order and paying for it. I thought that since there were six books that had to be bound that the price would necessarily be higher than if it were a single volume but others didn't see it that way. Others got turned off by the artwork. I know of one person who ordered a lettered edition (who now runs an online bookstore specializing in King) that disliked the artwork so much that he cancelled his order. The other quirk was that you could order one lettered edition or one numbered edition but you couldn't order both. I got a lettered but had to get a numbered on the secondary market and pay about 25% over issue price. It is hard to believe that was 10 years ago.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    With such a limited run and the fact that the original price was 900 dollars, I think any less than 1800 dollars is a bargain!
    Regarding the Subterranean Press limited edition of The Green Mile: There was a lot of discussion about the pricing and a lot of people eventually cancelled their orders before the book was published for a variety of reasons. The numbered edition was $900 and was limited to 148 copies. The lettered edition was $2500 and was limited to 52 copies.

Some people thought $900 was too high for a limited edition and cancelled after getting a confirmed order and paying for it. I thought that since there were six books that had to be bound that the price would necessarily be higher than if it were a single volume but others didn't see it that way. Others got turned off by the artwork. I know of one person who ordered a lettered edition (who now runs an online bookstore specializing in King) that disliked the artwork so much that he cancelled his order. The other quirk was that you could order one lettered edition or one numbered edition but you couldn't order both. I got a lettered but had to get a numbered on the secondary market and pay about 25% over issue price. It is hard to believe that was 10 years ago.
    Again, AMAZING.... thanks for the story Bob... love it and I NEVER KNEW this! It was before my limited collecting time...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Again, AMAZING.... thanks for the story Bob... love it and I NEVER KNEW this! It was before my limited collecting time...
    People have since warmed up to Mark Geyer's art and think it suits the book pretty well. I like it a lot more now than I did when it was published. And the collector who cancelled his lettered copy order because he hated the artwork has since proudly offered custom Geyer drawings in books on his website. So he has come around to the artwork too.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People have since warmed up to Mark Geyer's art and think it suits the book pretty well. I like it a lot more now than I did when it was published. And the collector who cancelled his lettered copy order because he hated the artwork has since proudly offered custom Geyer drawings in books on his website. So he has come around to the artwork too.
    hahaha is this our good friend... Davidddddddddddddddddd?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Well, the bookstore he runs online used to be in Bangor. If that helps.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the bookstore he runs online used to be in Bangor. If that helps.
    hahahahahaha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad I just got one! thanks for the sharing Bob

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my gift edition direct from sub press and my S/L from David a few years a go. Think it was $1300 I paid.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I got my gift edition direct from sub press and my S/L from David a few years a go. Think it was $1300 I paid.
    VERY nice! You got the best deal of all!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    VERY nice! You got the best deal of all!
    Thanks. It was a few years back though so the price has definitely gone up on these.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting how opinions and perspective can change over time. I remember initially there was also a reluctance to embracing Chadbourne art, but most everyone- even the most staunchest of critics seemed to have warmed to Glenn's work.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that the artists that worked with King are divided into groups. I don't think I ever saw a post with a negative comment about a Whelan, Stutzman, Brautigan or Maitz's piece. But I think all other known artists have fans, indiferent members and detractors at the same time (with the exception of Pallumbo and Tikulin, I didn't hear a single bad comment about their works and I must say that both presented works that exceeded my expectations).

As for all the rest, it's interesting how opinions are alike, both when these are "good" opinions or "bad" ones. Nevertheless, I don't remember an artist that only collected bad feedback (for example, Bob praised Chadbourne's works for Colorado Kid (I was gladly surprised with his works for that book as well)). I love Wrightson (his works for FAB8 are incredible) and I didn't like his pieces for Wolves of the Calla (but I liked a lot Dave McKean's pieces for Wolves of the Calla, and I know a lot of people didn't like 'em). With Glenn Chadbourne the same happens. I really liked a lot some of his works (the remarques he did for Full Dark, No Stars left me speechless) and others not so much (for example, I didn't like his pieces for PS's edition of Carrie). In my opinion it never helps an artist when you see his/her work everywhere.

"Art is in the eye of the beholder".
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Interesting how opinions and perspective can change over time. I remember initially there was also a reluctance to embracing Chadbourne art, but most everyone- even the most staunchest of critics seemed to have warmed to Glenn's work.
    I'm in that camp, I originally just got the GE of Salem's Lot but when I saw the art work Chadbourne did I loved it and got the AE. Plus an original piece of art

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I remember the "carrot" of having your name in the book. I think that was the only reason I ordered it.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

I remember the "carrot" of having your name in the book. I think that was the only reason I ordered it.
    I remember eating a loving that "carrot" as well. The $900 was hard to swallow at the time, but in the end I was more than happy with the production. I have since added Geyer remarques in all six editions.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the current value of Christine and Pet Sematary from PS Publishing?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    $125 each

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I think I seen them being offered for $90 Aron on one of the FB groups... could be wrong but I sure do remember something if your looking...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just did a quick check of ebay to find out how much people are paying for the CD GE of Salem's Lot
    $199 buy it now 2 copies sold 1 left, $271 CD Carrie/Salem's Lot together, $145 buy it now, copy I sold
    Current books up for auctions with actual bids $102.51 5 days left, $95.99 5 days left
    Also someone is doing a preorder on a AE Salem's Lot $460 or best offer.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow... That even surprises me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I have to hope in a year or Salem's and Shining will be cheaper. Just dropped a lot of credit card coin on a trip to Palm Springs in October, and can't afford (without incuring the wrath of my wife) to pick these editions up just now.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Well I have to hope in a year or Salem's and Shining will be cheaper. Just dropped a lot of credit card coin on a trip to Palm Springs in October, and can't afford (without incuring the wrath of my wife) to pick these editions up just now.
    So you got tickets for the big concert in Indio? Very cool! My parents live half the year near there. You'll love it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 388 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 ... LastLast