Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 388 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    It's the whole reason many don't read their Lettereds - because as every page turns we hear a few dollars drop into the gutter
    Lettered editions tend to come out months and sometimes years after the numbered editions. We don't read the lettered ones because we have already the numbered long time before.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Not in good shape and not sold:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rage-by-Rich...MAAOSwPc9W1PuF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rage-by-Step...MAAOSwAvJW-HnE

Not excellent shape but not bad and not sold:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rage-by-Rich...4AAOSwezVWzR3l

Good shape and not sold:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rage-by-Rich...QAAOSwzgRWuTqR

Some people listings are expensive but that doesn't prove anything. The most accurate market value would be determined by those copies auctioned/in auctions, not BIN listings.
    Ari, I think at least 3 of these 4 are the Canadian prints, is that right? If so, this may affect their value / attractiveness against US editions?

I know of a NZ book collector who purchased a US Rage NF+ for $1K from a US dealer one year ago. I've seen the copy and it's flawless apart from natural ageing.

I've noticed among collectors (including myself!) a tendency to pay $$$ for pristine condition books, and then a huge drop in value for anything with slight imperfections downward. There's an "all-or-nothing" (did I suggest OCD??) approach to book collecting that drives this mentality, I think. It's the whole reason many don't read their Lettereds - because as every page turns we hear a few dollars drop into the gutter
    I'm not sure about the Canadian prints. Do these exists as Canadian prints or are only imported US editions?

As for collectors paying more for a book than the market price, well...that happens all the time (there were times when I paid for some books more than the value market...I think most of the collectors also had...at least once). That doesn't mean the value is correct. It's also very common that many people tend to give a higher value to some collectible items that are not that hard to find (this also happens all the time). Rage (IMO) is one of those cases.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Lettered editions tend to come out months and sometimes years after the numbered editions. We don't read the lettered ones because we have already the numbered long time before.
    You read your numbereds?!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    You read your numbereds?!
    Not me personaly. I read the manuscript or the proof.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Current value of a NF+ Salem's Lot 2nd state and 3rd state? I'm in the market for a nice copy. Thanks guys

Country
    Country Flag

Current value of a NF+ Salem's Lot 2nd state and 3rd state? I'm in the market for a nice copy. Thanks guys
    Near Fine 2nd State DJ - $1,000
    Near Fine 3nd State DJ - $600 - This is much rarer, but does not command high prices for some reason.

Near Fine is difficult to get.

Country
    Country Flag

Near Fine 3nd State DJ - $600 - This is much rarer, but does not command hifh prices for some reason.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Near Fine 3nd State DJ - $600 - This is much rarer, but does not command hifh prices for some reason.

Thanks yet again Mr RT. I've seen one seller with a NF 2nd state asking $2k

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think these estimates are too low. Near fine copies of the book itself are not that uncommon....but near fine or better copies of the dust jackets are pretty scarce. The dust jacket with the predominately black front panel and spine show wear and tears very easily. And the spine and the predominately white rear panel are prone to fading and yellowing. Also, obviously, King wasn't nearly as well known or collectible in 1975 and buyers of the first editions actually read them as they would any other book and didn't immediately put the dj's in protectors and handle them with any special care.

Of course you would want to see a lot of pictures and judge for yourself but I don't think $2K is out of line IF (and that is a big if) the dust jacket is unfaded and without significant wear or small tears. I have hardly ever seen a second or third state dj for this book without at least a hint of wear to the points and spine ends.

As to why the third state does not command higher prices even though it is more scarce: IMO it is because it is a later state of the dust jacket and, therefore, not as desirable to collectors of first editions. I suspect that the hunters of the third state dj are King completists who are much fewer in number than first edition collectors in general.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the value of Desperation with the signed book plate from June 30 1996?

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey folks. Happy April Fool's Day!

Anyone know what the going rate for the PS Pub One For the Road artist signed edition is?
    Thanks!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

Anyone know what the going rate for the PS Pub One For the Road artist signed edition is?
    Thanks!
    $120 - $150
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Thanks!
    $120 - $150
    That is an April Fool.

Betts price is $75 (One for the Road S/L artist signed #273 - $75)

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. That's kind of what I figured. The only one I could find for sale is from good 'ole overpriced Overlook Connection. $240?! No thank you.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Thanks!
    $120 - $150
    That is an April Fool.

Betts price is $75 (One for the Road S/L artist signed #273 - $75)
    And that was a bargain. I would have been all over that if it didn't sell so fast.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Think I gave $100 for mine from a private collector.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Want to sell it for $75?

Country
    Country Flag

Want to sell it for $75?
    Cute lol

Country
    Country Flag

I always have a hard time picking a $ ballpark for proofs. Can someone help me with values on these two:

- Under the Dome UK H&S proof - dark blue wraps in clear plastic slipcase (200 print run)
    - 11.22.63 UK H&S with "embargoed" printed on pages (400 print run)

Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

I always have a hard time picking a $ ballpark for proofs. Can someone help me with values on these two:

- Under the Dome UK H&S proof - dark blue wraps in clear plastic slipcase (200 print run)

Thanks!
    Proof prices are all over the place. They seem to change daily. If it's any help, here are David's sales at Betts:

Under the Dome UK Proof #123 of only 200 made - Fine-, a very small bend to lower right front corner $225
    Under the Dome UK Proof*- Very Good condition $150
    11/22/63 UK Hodder & Stoughton Proof 2nd state embargoed; Fine $195

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    Proof prices are all over the place. They seem to change daily. If it's any help, here are David's sales at Betts:

Under the Dome UK Proof #123 of only 200 made - Fine-, a very small bend to lower right front corner $225
    Under the Dome UK Proof*- Very Good condition $150
    11/22/63 UK Hodder & Stoughton Proof 2nd state embargoed; Fine $195
    Thank you Mr RT, does help give me some anchors. Cheers

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The value of the UK UTD proof also depends on whether or not the slipcase is still included (IMO). Many copies are sold without slipcase. If the slipcase is included, I think it moderately increases the value (maybe with $25-50).

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1986 Viking IT Proof - LIKE NEW / FINE condition

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    1986 Viking IT Proof - LIKE NEW / FINE condition
    It is worth $5, but I will pay you $10 for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 388 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 ... LastLast