Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 388 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well said RF. I am only buyin rare artwork (for the right price and cause it's hard to find) and S/L's that have enough of a bargin in them to make sense... This will continue till the US dollar falls..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thanks for the opinions....if only I can find a seller in UK selling a lettered Gunslinger!.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Thanks for the opinions....if only I can find a seller in UK selling a lettered Gunslinger!.
    I've been looking for a UK seller with a Lettered Gunslinger for 10 years.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    No one is willing to fly in from overseas to buy a rare 'Salem's Lot, or Lettered Firestarter. Perhaps a folded DJ from the US Doubleday 'Salem's Lot...
    I think Gerald is still gaining airmiles...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why specifically a UK seller?
    Why not a US seller for which you pay the protected & secure shipping?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably import duties or VAT or whatever they call it?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In the UK books are exempt from VAT or import tax.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Estimate on the value of a first edition UK Night Shift (New English library)? Thanks guys

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Estimate on the value of a first edition UK Night Shift (New English library)? Thanks guys
    Depending on condition - $800-$1100
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

More for a Fine/Fine copy.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    More for a Fine/Fine copy.
    Thank you Fsmdr and Mr RT.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You have a lead on a copy? It's a nice one to have and one of the hardest-to-find early UK editions. Good luck!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    You have a lead on a copy? It's a nice one to have and one of the hardest-to-find early UK editions. Good luck!
    Thanks biomieg. No lead, just looking at some of the gaps in my UK 1sts and starting to see if I can fill them before the Australian dollar falls even further (as predicted). It would look nice beside my US 1st. So would the Carrie UK for that matter!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I hope you find one, then! I used to own a full set of UK 1sts but sold them a couple of years ago. I made a point of getting the Big Five (plus The Dead Zone and Danse Macabre) back in my collection though - it just felt incomplete without them.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope you find one, then! I used to own a full set of UK 1sts but sold them a couple of years ago. I made a point of getting the Big Five (plus The Dead Zone and Danse Macabre) back in my collection though - it just felt incomplete without them.
    Yes, I'm going for both the UK and US 1sts for now as a priority, and the Dead Zone is on my hit list too. I've found that a surprisingly tough one to find so far.

Country
    Country Flag

Especially in collectible condition - the lettering of the title on the spine needs to be a deep orange but it's extremely prone to fading. On most copies you'll find it has faded to yellow.

Country
    Country Flag

Especially in collectible condition - the lettering of the title on the spine needs to be a deep orange but it's extremely prone to fading. On most copies you'll find it has faded to yellow.
    I didn't know that, thanks so much for the info, I'll keep that detail in mind with my questions.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know that, thanks so much for the info, I'll keep that detail in mind with my questions.
    Is there any King book that is more prone to fading than the UK Dead Zone? I doubt it. Maybe Cycle of the Werewolf by Land of Enchantment. There is an anthology called The Second Book of Unknown Tales of Horror published in the UK in 1978. I believe it is the first hardcover appearance of "The Cat From Hell." The dust jacket spine is red with white lettering. Most of the copies I have seen are completely white and unreadable. I have found exactly one copy that is unfaded in 20 years of looking.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! One in twenty years....that's a search and a half!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    Well. I don't search every day. But, I just checked and there is a pretty decent copy on ABE right now with a pretty nice looking spine. I'd buy it if I didn't already have a nice copy.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...tlyadded%3Dall

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Is there any King book that is more prone to fading than the UK Dead Zone? I doubt it. Maybe Cycle of the Werewolf by Land of Enchantment. There is an anthology called The Second Book of Unknown Tales of Horror published in the UK in 1978. I believe it is the first hardcover appearance of "The Cat From Hell." The dust jacket spine is red with white lettering. Most of the copies I have seen are completely white and unreadable. I have found exactly one copy that is unfaded in 20 years of looking.
    My copy was pure white when I bought it. Got rid of it thankfully.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    Well. I don't search every day. But, I just checked and there is a pretty decent copy on ABE right now with a pretty nice looking spine. I'd buy it if I didn't already have a nice copy.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...tlyadded%3Dall
    That is a great copy. Someone on here buy this!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I'm going for both the UK and US 1sts for now as a priority, and the Dead Zone is on my hit list too. I've found that a surprisingly tough one to find so far.
    Make sure it has "M & J" on the spine, otherwise it's not a 1st/1st.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Thanks so much needfulthings and stroppygoblin re the 1st/1st tip. I'll keep hunting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 388 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast