Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 388 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I actually have a portfolio and foldout poster. Just don't have the book.
    Ahhh! You are ahead of the game. The portfolio was never released with the S/L but it's nice to have, that's for sure.

You should be able to pickup a SC S/L without poster for around $500. Maybe even $450 or so.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Man that low now? Ouch

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking around at EotD S/L....really like the look of the book and not really picky about having a F/F book or even a SK sig (weird, I know).

Anywho, can I have some opinions on these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182021258543...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272129997490...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    I've been looking around at EotD S/L....really like the look of the book and not really picky about having a F/F book or even a SK sig (weird, I know).

Anywho, can I have some opinions on these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182021258543...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272129997490...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Nice try on the sellers part for the first book to put a positive spin on the lack of signature ('These are much rarer than the signed copies..."). You could paint it blue and it would then be a one of a kind, Most collectors wouldn't want it however

for an unsigned (for all intents and purposes, a Publishers copy) I think the price is too high. I think <$400 would be realistic.

The second is a better buy, even though it has one of those godforsaken vanity stamps (for the love of god people, don't do that to a collectible book!) again a little high, because of the flaws, maybe $500 - $550?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I'll make sure I look after them!

Oops...pressed the wrong button and didn't quote the reply...

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Can anyone tell me the going rate for the Sub Press Gift Ed. of the Green Mile?
    $200.
    $250 if your name is in it for walking the Mile.
    Had somewhat forgotten about that and had to get mine out and search for my name again. Nice edition either way.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1975 King inscription on a 1st 'Salem's Lot? What's a reasonable range for this one?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    1975 King inscription on a 1st 'Salem's Lot? What's a reasonable range for this one?
    A lot. Talk has been extensive here... but north of $40G doesn't seem out of the question...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think he just means a first edition. Not a first state.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ahhhhhhhhh. yes he probably does. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Correct, Kingfan24. Any help is appreciated.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hello - what's the market value looking like on a s/l skeleton crew? No foldout poster.
    I would hold off on one Nick if it didn't have the poster man.. but that is just the OCD in me. haha
    I agree with Kris....the poster was issued with the S/L. Wait until you can locate one with.

Just the other day, I purchased off Ebay an unsigned SC limited with slipcase and poster for $200. I know, sounds crazy right? I love oddity stuff like this.

Mulleins
    I saw that auction, Ralph. I wondered who would end up buying it.

Was the art portfolio also issued with the poster? Mine has one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I don't think so. IIRC, the price of the portfolio was $50 and there was no poster.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Are all the Skeleton Crew portfolios signed by Potter?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't think so. IIRC, the price of the portfolio was $50 and there was no poster.
    Thanks, Bob. Mine came with one, but I never knew if it was standard issue.

Mine is, I thought they all were, but not certain.

EDIT: Yes.

Last edited by Patrick; 02-18-2016 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Researched my collection thread.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Thanks, Bob. Mine came with one, but I never knew if it was standard issue.

Mine is, I thought they all were, but not certain.

EDIT: Yes.

Interesting to see the "not" in "It will not be reprinted" is crossed out on yours too. Wonder what's up with that?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Hello - what's the market value looking like on a s/l skeleton crew? No foldout poster.
    I would hold off on one Nick if it didn't have the poster man.. but that is just the OCD in me. haha
    I agree with Kris....the poster was issued with the S/L. Wait until you can locate one with.

Just the other day, I purchased off Ebay an unsigned SC limited with slipcase and poster for $200. I know, sounds crazy right? I love oddity stuff like this.

Mulleins
    I saw that auction, Ralph. I wondered who would end up buying it.

Some already answered as well, but no, the poster wasn't issued with the portfolio book. Potter did sign all of the portfolios.

If memory serves me well, Jeff marked through each one because he didn't want to be held back from not being able to publishing the work in other "The Art of JK Potter" type books.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the going rate for the FDNS S/L?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    $500 -$600
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    $500 -$600
    Thanks Kris!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea what this is worth? Apparently it's an audio cassette and a promo poster that unfolds and has the order form inside. Both look to be in NF+ condition.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What is the current fair value for Lettered Gunslinger?. Thanks
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pending condition, $6,500 - $8,000

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Any idea what this is worth? Apparently it's an audio cassette and a promo poster that unfolds and has the order form inside. Both look to be in NF+ condition.

The item was an unsolicited donation for the Fundraiser.
    Without more information, I'll consider putting it up on ebay with a $.99 start and no reserve.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    What is the current fair value for Lettered Gunslinger?. Thanks
    There is a noticeably "slump" in the market right now. My theory is that the stronger US dollar has made it much more expensive (relatively) for Canadians (1/3 drop in exchange rate), and those on the Euro.
    Even the British pound commands a bit less.
    For now the heyday of of cheaper King books available for international buyers has stalled.
    Only the true rare items command the highest of prices (Carrie Proof).
    No one is willing to fly in from overseas to buy a rare 'Salem's Lot, or Lettered Firestarter. Perhaps a folded DJ from the US Doubleday 'Salem's Lot...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 388 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 ... LastLast