Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 388 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Salems lot GE/collectors traycases and prints... Perfect shape. Thoughts?
    $700-$750. I pieced mine together for $650.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was offered at $650 a few months ago. I didn't need the book, just the other items so I didn't take it. I can see $700 if someone really wants it.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Salems lot GE/collectors traycases and prints... Perfect shape. Thoughts?
    $700-$750. I pieced mine together for $650.
    I'll get the right thread now, I bought mine for $550 a year ago but they have been going up and up.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

How about one signed "Steve" on 31st July 1979?

Meh... be more impressive just flatsigned.
    Not sure if I will ever understand the trend that non-personalized books are more searched for ...

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i love, and prefer, inscribed copies.
    not just easier to spot a fake, but i like to imagine the story behind it.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also like inscribed copies.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    i love, and prefer, inscribed copies.
    not just easier to spot a fake, but i like to imagine the story behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I also like inscribed copies.
    Lucky us we are the minority as usually they are cheaper

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah unless it's an association copy then it usually demands a premium.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Not sure if I will ever understand the trend that non-personalized books are more searched for ...
    There are certainly advantages to inscriptions. I have posted this link numerous times in the past so forgive me if it is getting repetitious. But the information, I think, is very valid.

http://www.raresf.com/bnews.html#signed

I think it is just personal preference. For me I have always preferred signed and dated copies without a personal inscription. I even have a couple of copies inscribed "For Bob" but since I am not the Bob for whom the book was inscribed they don't mean much to me.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys... Thinking of selling mine...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    There are certainly advantages to inscriptions. I have posted this link numerous times in the past so forgive me if it is getting repetitious. But the information, I think, is very valid.

http://www.raresf.com/bnews.html#signed

I think it is just personal preference. For me I have always preferred signed and dated copies without a personal inscription. I even have a couple of copies inscribed "For Bob" but since I am not the Bob for whom the book was inscribed they don't mean much to me.
    Thanks bob! Will read it later , never seen it before. At the ends its personal preference that wins sure, but the overall trend is pretty clear. I started a topic once to get more opinions one this question, but it wasn't interesting enough to survive long )

Still a hot topic for me, but maybe better discussed at a meetup once

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

IT
    First edition, first printing.

A gorgeous copy, looks unread; the only real flaw is a price of "9.95" in blue ballpoint on the front pastedown. In gorgeous jacket that would grade Fine (just a trace of rubbing) but has the remnants of a sticker on the spine at the top of the Viking logo. By far the best copy of this one that I've seen in 20 years or more; wondering how much the flaws take away and make sure that I price it right.

Thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

A bigger picture:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That DJ looks amazing! Congrats.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bet that sticker residue would come off with a little work. The dj is laminated so you can rub pretty hard and not go through the laminate. I've used a product that I have gotten at a Sherwin Williams paint store but probably any hardware store has something similar. It is called wallpaper remover or sometimes called paste remover. Just a dab on a cotton ball and rub gently. With a little patience and work the residue will soften and rub off. Since the dj is laminated it shouldn't leave any trace.

As to the ink price on the pastedown.....that is a non-starter for me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Estimates on the price of an unsigned Lettered edition of PS Publishing's "Thinner"? The copy has been designated #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Estimates on the price of an unsigned Lettered edition of PS Publishing's "Thinner"? The copy has been designated #8.
    Do you think that means that there are at least eight unsigned copies of the lettered edition out there? If so..........wow!

Country
    Country Flag

There have been 4 known of Carrie , am I wrong ?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you think that means that there are at least eight unsigned copies of the lettered edition out there? If so..........wow!
    I would guess there are at least 8, and would believe although valuable, lacking the three signatures (most importantly King's), and missing the 1/26 original art pieces definitely makes it worth less than the ~$3.5k issue price.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll bet that sticker residue would come off with a little work. The dj is laminated so you can rub pretty hard and not go through the laminate. I've used a product that I have gotten at a Sherwin Williams paint store but probably any hardware store has something similar. It is called wallpaper remover or sometimes called paste remover. Just a dab on a cotton ball and rub gently. With a little patience and work the residue will soften and rub off. Since the dj is laminated it shouldn't leave any trace.

As to the ink price on the pastedown.....that is a non-starter for me.
    I've had good luck using Goo Gone with a cotton ball as well for such things as this. I do like you that left it on for the auction so the new owner can be the one to remove it. I do have a pet peeve about writing such as the price in ink on the pastedown. But I've been told it's a common practice and I should get over myself. Especially if it's a really nice copy and the writing is disclosed before the sale.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So we're only talking about the book here, aren't we? I mean, without the traycase, as these are lettered as well.
    No numbered cases floating around, I hope?

sk

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    So we're only talking about the book here, aren't we? I mean, without the traycase, as these are lettered as well.
    No numbered cases floating around, I hope?

sk

It's the clamshell case with the number 8 stamped on it. Inside is the envelope stamped 8 (it is missing an original Les Edwards piece), the art booklet stamped 8, the book with the dj stamped 8, and on the limitation page the book is stamped 8 (none of the three signatures boxes are signed).

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going rate for an S/L Gunslinger. Thanks for the help!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Going rate for an S/L Gunslinger. Thanks for the help!
    $5K If its perfect...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm considering purchasing this 1st/1st copy of The Shining, but due to its poor condition, I'd like to know what y'all think of its worth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 388 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 333 ... LastLast