Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 388 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 267 317 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    If it is, I'm in a position to be able to get my money back without hassle, so I figured I'd take a gamble. I plan on getting it authenticated and certified, even if you guys think it's real.

http://postimg.org/image/tscazupkr/
    Umm, I don't like it. Besides the fact that the loop is not even attached to the 'n' in Stephen, the last name is way too clear for his signatures during the era of Insmonia and later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Until someone smarter and more internet savvy than I can say otherwise, I would avoid following this link. It almost immediatly started hitting my tablet with questionable stuff... "your a winner" spammy/virus-ey kind of stuff.
    May not be the members fault, but it spooked me...
    Here is the image I got from that link:
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it is, I'm in a position to be able to get my money back without hassle, so I figured I'd take a gamble. I plan on getting it authenticated and certified, even if you guys think it's real.

http://postimg.org/image/tscazupkr/
    That is 100% fake man. DO NOT buy that....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oops, sorry for the spammy link Just didn't know how to link the photo, so I used a random site that allowed instant uploads without an account. Do you think it's worth taking for authentication?
    HELL NO! Trust us... it is NOT real my friend... sorry mate...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure you could get an authentication service to give you a piece of paper that says this is legit. All that means is that you have thrown good money after bad. We see that all the time--COAs that "validate" obvious forgeries. COAs for King items are by and large worthless.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, sorry for the spammy link Just didn't know how to link the photo, so I used a random site that allowed instant uploads without an account. Do you think it's worth taking for authentication?
    There are several members here who are better than any authentication service. If they say you should return it, trust them!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Not a problem, it happens.
    As a relatively new member here myself, if i have learned nothing else, TRUST THESE GUYS!!! They may not always agree with each other, have different reasons for liking or not, but in the end it seems that they are always right.
    Welcome to the boards...
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I got it for 70$ actually Was just checking
    I am no expert, but i thought SK signed books ranged from $200 - $1000 ands

The only flatsigned SK books i am aware of that sold below $175 consistantly (without damage)

Revival Hard copy
    Joyland Paperback

and Insomnia???? never heard that before.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

What is the value of a signed 1st edition Insomnia (F/F)?

If you want an authentic REVIVAL signed by SK contact Tippy on this site. he might have 1 or 2!

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks everyone! It was a newbie mistake. I'm a new collector and I jumped on the 'deal' without properly examining the signature. I called and was told to bring it back in for a refund. I'll be more vigilant in the future.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone! It was a newbie mistake. I'm a new collector and I jumped on the 'deal' without properly examining the signature. I called and was told to bring it back in for a refund. I'll be more vigilant in the future.
    Sovereign, before you buy, feel free to ask here for the validity of any King signature. There are more experts on this site than anywhere else. They may at times disagree, but in the main, they are very accurate.

John

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Sovereign, before you buy, feel free to ask here for the validity of any King signature. There are more experts on this site than anywhere else. They may at times disagree, but in the main, they are very accurate.

John
    Will do in the future I already got my money back, but my newbie embarassment will remain a while longer.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Will do in the future I already got my money back, but my newbie embarassment will remain a while longer.
    Don't fret bud. I think we've all done something like this at some point in our collecting careers.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    You shouldn't be embarrassed. I doubt there's a member here that hasn't done the same at one time or another.

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    You shouldn't be embarrassed. I doubt there's a member here that hasn't done the same at one time or another.

John

I know I have!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The nice things about "Certification" here are:
    • Free of charge.
    • No certification sticker that when placed in the book screws it up and devalues it.
    • Multiple unbiased opinions.

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I got it for 70$ actually Was just checking
    I am no expert, but i thought SK signed books ranged from $200 - $1000 ands

The only flatsigned SK books i am aware of that sold below $175 consistantly (without damage)

Revival Hard copy
    Joyland Paperback

and Insomnia???? never heard that before.

Am i missing any?

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome and we are all here to help
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

No good. Save your money and get a refund.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the fair market value of a 1st/1st UK Tommyknockers that isn't price clipped? Assuming fine/fine? I don't normally collect UK editions, but I like this one for the cover artwork. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Update: picked one up on eBay - obviously unread fine book in near fine unclipped dust jacket - for 30 dollars including shipping.

My Mood
    Relaxed

What's the price difference between a 1st/1st The Stand and a 1st/2nd?
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A 1st/1st is fairly valuable, depending on condition. A 1st/2nd makes a good reading copy.

John

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

As is true with almost ALL books.

even this sucks (Those orders just keep pouring in.)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is meant by third printing before publication? Did they anticipate more sales and print a bunch more?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    What is meant by third printing before publication? Did they anticipate more sales and print a bunch more?
    The salespeople did such a good job promoting the book that they added to the print run prior to the publication date.

So a third printing prior to publication is literally a third printing that occurred prior to the publication date.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it still considered a first edition?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 388 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 267 317 ... LastLast