Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 388 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

All the money is in the dust jacket as usual. This one is quite good condition. You can remove the sellotape carefully, and the card holder. New pastedowns are also easy to fit.
    As it is now, I would say it is worth $450
    Thanks for giving that estimate. I grabbed it for $200 from an abebooks seller and should get it Monday. I knew it was a nice deal for a 2nd state but wasn't sure how much the library markings would decrease the value. Excited to have a 2nd state in my collection!

I PLEADED with that seller for pictures - he wouldn't send them.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    My Pretty Pony S/L?
    Maybe I got lucky.... Mine fetched $2550 + shipping on eBay 9 months ago. I also included the vintage traycase.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NO DOUBT! Take that money and RUN!

CONGRATS!

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This small run is IMO underpriced. The stainless steel and red leather spine are really handsome. Very hard to display. I had seller's remorse.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not think i would have brother... for the money you got for that... wow. I member talking to a member about it before I knew you and we both said we would be shocked if you fetched $1500 (I think at the time...) for that. SO YOU DID VERY well IMO. If it were a book of King's that were more mainstream maybe I can see it fetching more... but Pretty Pony? I mean come on.. the name just turns me off. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

The $2550 did help me get over the remorse LOL.

While the story sucks I haven't seen any book as unique.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It has a nice look.. but MAN IT IS MASSIVE brother. lol How do you display that? Did you provide a whole room for that purpose? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It has a nice look.. but MAN IT IS MASSIVE brother. lol How do you display that? Did you provide a whole room for that purpose? lol
    KD makes this look like a paperback
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I wouldn't go that far! lol That book is HUGE... and King signed it... so it must be the largest signed King book no?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

At least Pony has some King content.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I know which one I find more interesting....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

If King signed Knowing Darkness would you want a copy?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Size wize at least KD slides into a bookshelf. MPP is more of a coffeetable book.....that I wouldn't leave on a coffeetable for fear of it being damaged.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He wouldn't. There nothing of his in it.

Country
    Country Flag

IMHO it would have been great if King had signed the Letter Edition of KD. Many of the artists he had worked with over the years had signed cover art that was used (20?) He did sign Insomnia's Art Portfolio and I fail to see the difference.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hale's Insomnia pieces were actually used in the S/L of Insomnia. Knowing Darkness had no King writing in it at all. I am guessing that is the difference but I agree with you that it would have been nice if King would have signed the book.

It is probably undeserved but King seems to have made Jerad Walters the whipping boy for what he perceives is wrong with small press publishers. After lavishly praising Jerad's S/L of 'Salem's Lot he reversed course and publicly ridiculed it.

Jerad did a mock-up of The Shining as part of a professional proposal to do a S/L of The Shining and presented it to King's accountant and representative Arthur Greene. Greene showed it to King and for whatever reason King decided he didn't want to do it. Greene relayed the bad news to Jerad but said that Jerad should resubmit his proposal in six months because (according to Greene) King often changes his mind. Jerad did as Greene recommended and resubmitted his professional proposal six months later. King in a later interview claimed "This guy, Jerad Walters, keeps hounding me......"

Jerad only did what Greene recommended and I'm not sure anyone would have done things any differently if they were in Jerad's position.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I bet if he didn't sign it, it would be because of Jerad's and King's history, not because there's no writing of his in the book. King has signed photographs, posters, napkins and fan art. The last one I personally witnessed. It was a DT Mondo print he signed for the guy ahead of me in line in Toronto.

It's really too bad that King made it look Jerad was hounding him, especially when you consider lame S/Ls King later OK'd.

Country
    Country Flag

ALL this art was used in some form or another in Kings books.. to say that it had nothing to do with King is silly... the book has EVERYTHING to do with King. It is a shame the little spat (for whatever reason) stopped a signature being done. It would be so HIGHLY collectible if it had been signed. I also believe that the Shinning would have been represented as an S/L had Jerald did it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Team,
    Thoughts on the value of Bev's Road to the Dark Tower from CD. The numbered edition?

Thank you
    James

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi Team,
    Thoughts on the value of Bev's Road to the Dark Tower from CD. The numbered edition?

Thank you
    James
    Priceless! (just in case Bev is reading).

I love my illustrated companion by Bev Vincent and just saw a picture around here somewhere of him signing books out of the trunk.

RF maybe we should get BEV to be a guest speaker/presenter at one of our gatherings (if we can afford him)!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi Team,

Thank you
    James
    $70

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If you were in a situation where you could bring "Knowing Darkness" - a fundraiser, etc. - I'd be pretty surprised if SK flat out refused to sign it.

If you plop a book that has his name right on the cover and he flips through it, I'm sure he'd shrug and say 'whatever' and not refuse.

The problem is being able to get the book in front of him, and other than a high-end fundraiser I can't think of that happening - and you'd still have to cart this 25 pound book around.

Country
    Country Flag

I heard that he wouldn't sign things that were not his words? This not true?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Current value for unfolded Gunslinger 2nd DJ?.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Current value for unfolded Gunslinger 2nd DJ?.
    $125

+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 388 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 ... LastLast