Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 388 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    $600-$650......

One just sold on eBay yesterday....
    That was me... but I have an offer from someone who wants to buy it from me...
    I wonder if there is a profit in there or not
    You sniped me.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    German "Es" bootleg???
    $600-$650......

Yes, spot on as my records.

May I ask if you track the sales of every single limited eds in a spreadsheet?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    German "Es" bootleg???
    $600-$650......

Yes, spot on as my records.

I was wondering that too!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    My Pretty Pony S/L?
    Betts sales:
    My Pretty Pony Whitney Museum Limited edition. Limited to only 100 copies. This copy comes in its original shipping box PLUS a heavy stock brochure from the Whitney museum providing details of publication of this limited edition piece - $2,000
    My Pretty Pony Whitney Museum Limited edition of 150 copies, signed (but not numbered) by Stephen King and Barbara Kruger; Whitney Museum - housed in Steel traycase and oversized. - $1800

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest;947727[/QUOTE
    Of course you can ask.

No. Only Betts sales, and some ebay that might be worth tracking.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$600-$650......

You sniped me.
    I think it is much better to snipe with other savvy traders, rather than battling it out for a week in public, getting casual collector's interested and now THEY jump in and start OVERbidding. I think sniping it is the best way to get a deal, keeps the inexperienced from overinflating and gets the most correct value out of an auction. Believe me, I've lost MOST of them, but the ones that I have won with a snipe were some really nice things (not just books).
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I fully agree. I never understood the point of bidding wars.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    $600-$650......

You sniped me.
    I think it is much better to snipe with other savvy traders, rather than battling it out for a week in public, getting casual collector's interested and now THEY jump in and start OVERbidding. I think sniping it is the best way to get a deal, keeps the inexperienced from overinflating and gets the most correct value out of an auction. Believe me, I've lost MOST of them, but the ones that I have won with a snipe were some really nice things (not just books).
    I agree.

I was only teasing Sebastian.

The irony is that he's sending the book to me to trans-ship it to him in Poland.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I fully agree. I never understood the point of bidding wars.
    I am not really a collector from the point of view that I buy stuff that interest other peoples, so there is a bias there but I usually put a low bid before a snipe : so that it shows some people seem interested for the seller + I get notifications before it expires.
    A low bid and not my actual bid may show another person interested in it that actually I may not be THAT interested and they may forget the auction.
    Another thing that I do, is bidding an odd number of with cents : in order to go slightly beyond another person that would have put a lower even number.

The only issue is that if the seller feels that there isnt enough interest and if he get an offer off ebay... he may just take it.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Found this 1st Edition 2nd state Salem's Lot and was curious what value you guys would peg it at. It is a former library book complete with the card holder still intact. The dust jacket flaps are taped and likely also glued to the book. Otherwise it appears in pretty good shape.

Based on what you can see in these pics and assuming nothing else is wrong with it, where would you put it at? Thanks in advance.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know a value, but I drove by that library today, Southfield is a suburb of Detroit.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Found this 1st Edition 2nd state Salem's Lot and was curious what value you guys would peg it at. It is a former library book complete with the card holder still intact. The dust jacket flaps are taped and likely also glued to the book. Otherwise it appears in pretty good shape.

Based on what you can see in these pics and assuming nothing else is wrong with it, where would you put it at? Thanks in advance.
    All the money is in the dust jacket as usual. This one is quite good condition. You can remove the sellotape carefully, and the card holder. New pastedowns are also easy to fit.
    As it is now, I would say it is worth $450

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about 12.00 for a good 3rd printing Firestarter. Good deal? Perhaps 1st state DJ ($13.95).
    WANTED

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

All the money is in the dust jacket as usual. This one is quite good condition. You can remove the sellotape carefully, and the card holder. New pastedowns are also easy to fit.
    Thanks for giving that estimate. I grabbed it for $200 from an abebooks seller and should get it Monday. I knew it was a nice deal for a 2nd state but wasn't sure how much the library markings would decrease the value. Excited to have a 2nd state in my collection!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post

Thanks for giving that estimate. I grabbed it for $200 from an abebooks seller and should get it Monday. I knew it was a nice deal for a 2nd state but wasn't sure how much the library markings would decrease the value. Excited to have a 2nd state in my collection!
    Sounds like a really decent deal to me. Congratulations!

John

Country
    Country Flag

How about 12.00 for a good 3rd printing Firestarter. Good deal? Perhaps 1st state DJ ($13.95).
    After a bit of checking on Ebay, it's almost a wash I think, but $12 certainly wasn't very much risk. This will look good on my shelf until I get a better printing. I got a few others today in my book store search. I'll get pictures to share tomorrow when there is sunlight to help.
    WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

$12 for any hard back book is a fair price. A 3rd printing is not so desirable for collectors though.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I think I've asked this before years ago but cannot remember the answer.
    How much would a signed limited edition of the 999 anthology go for if signed by King as well?
    Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    I think I've asked this before years ago but cannot remember the answer.
    How much would a signed limited edition of the 999 anthology go for if signed by King as well?
    Thanks
    The last 2 sold at Betts without King's signature went for $125 each. Add $150? for a signature?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say add $150-$200 for King's signature.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Assuming the book and case has no issues, I would easily pay $375 for a S/L 999 with Kings signature at his name.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks Mr Rabbit Trick and RF.
    PM sent to Room 217 Caretaker.

Country
    Country Flag

$12 for any hard back book is a fair price. A 3rd printing is not so desirable for collectors though.
    Yes, I thought perhaps the DJ perhaps could be as a first state DJ, but though this one is good, I see better out there. I'll just use this as a nice placeholder on my own shelf I think. Even though it isn't a big win it's still a nice looking book that I didn't pay very much for at all. I'll get some pics over in New P&J later this afternoon.
    WANTED

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I found a nice little item yesterday that got a little better when I got it home and while it may be fairly common, i would still like your value opinions.

Postscript #10 PS Publishing 2007 (F/HC/no DJ as issued)
    First appearence of King's "Graduation Afternoon"
    Also contains Joe Hill's "Thumbprint"
    The bonus feature discovered after getting home was Joe's signature from '08.
    This book came from the estate of a local (Maine) cartoonist/author named Jeff Pert who had a couple of Joe's sigs.

Other than a nice "cool" factor, was this much of a find? I paid $24, and it really is pretty much New condition

Thanks
    Chris
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

The book, without the signature, is worth what you paid for it.

I'd say with the signature it would be $50-$60.

So you did good!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 388 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast