Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 388 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coloured endpapers. Oolala!

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

wow i big big money for anything with coloured end papers, I like colored ones too!!!

really...thats it?

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see this thread as I would have likely never asked these questions. let me start by saying, I do not plan to sale anything, so if you know a round about price, just say what it would be worth to you I guess, since some will pay way more or less depending on the item.

US Needful Things proof
    Signed PC copy of Insomnia by Mark V. Ziesing
    Black House Faux Red Leather copy from King Library
    1/1 of Christine in Fine Condition
    1/1 Nightmares and Dreamscapes
    1/1 Insominia
    1/1 Four Past Midnight

I see 15$ for the 1/1 of Insomnia, so cross that one.

Thanks for the input.

Still looking at same site he list Four Past Midnight 1/1 as 15$. Is this the going rate for 1/1 that are not in the first few book written?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessdwarf View Post
    Glad to see this thread as I would have likely never asked these questions. let me start by saying, I do not plan to sale anything, so if you know a round about price, just say what it would be worth to you I guess, since some will pay way more or less depending on the item.

US Needful Things proof
    Signed PC copy of Insomnia by Mark V. Ziesing
    Black House Faux Red Leather copy from King Library
    1/1 of Christine in Fine Condition
    1/1 Nightmares and Dreamscapes
    1/1 Insominia
    1/1 Four Past Midnight

I see 15$ for the 1/1 of Insomnia, so cross that one.

Thanks for the input.

Still looking at same site he list Four Past Midnight 1/1 as 15$. Is this the going rate for 1/1 that are not in the first few book written?
    Needful Things Proof - ask John
    S/L PC Insomnia - $350-$450 (maybe as low as $300 in the current market)
    Black House SK Library Ed - $40- $60 (If you have a buyer, if not it could go unsold at $15)
    Christine 1/1 - $20- $25
    The rest - approx $15 (most from about Dark Half onward will be between $10- $20)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a Needful Things proof on eBay with a BIN of $75:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=%22...roof&_osacat=0

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on the value of this copy of 'Salem's Lot. I might have an opportunity to buy a mint copy from a guy locally, but I need to know how much I could reasonably get for this one before I know if I can even begin to fathom affording the upgrade.

Theres a bit of wear to the spine end and some creasing/rubbing on the spine ends of the jacket, other wise it is just about perfect. 2nd state jacket.

Thoughts on value? Anyone interested?

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

impossible to say in this market Eric....a see them listed like yours at 400-1000 but i dont think they are jumping off the shelves....I see also that rough copies arnt selling for $100

I would say HOLD on to it, unless you want to give it to me for the last hundred bucks i have to my name....LOL

Anybody have any clue what the S/L essential King with black acrylic slip would sell for?
    Again, seeing only 2 online $100 and $200 seems way high
    I have #109, i'm looking to sell or trade for something.. if anyone is interested

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Okay - I have a question about a price. What do we think of the Frankenstein S/L edition? I always see it "for sale" at CRAZY prices... but I never really see it sell...

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Okay - I have a question about a price. What do we think of the Frankenstein S/L edition? I always see it "for sale" at CRAZY prices... but I never really see it sell...

I've seen it sold for between $500-650 in the last year.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

I've seen it sold for between $500-650 in the last year.
    I agree ^

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think you have a very nice copy. Much better than most. Judging by the images you show I'd estimate a minimum retail of $700 and with any luck $1100

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Thoughts on the value of this copy of 'Salem's Lot. I might have an opportunity to buy a mint copy from a guy locally, but I need to know how much I could reasonably get for this one before I know if I can even begin to fathom affording the upgrade.

Theres a bit of wear to the spine end and some creasing/rubbing on the spine ends of the jacket, other wise it is just about perfect. 2nd state jacket.

Thoughts on value? Anyone interested?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I didn't copy the link, but there's a Dark Tower II s/l Author's Copy with a $950 buy-it-now, and a starting bid of $550, with no action.

Since I own one, and in my mental valuations have always considered it worth at least $1K, this is not exciting news! haha...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I didn't copy the link, but there's a Dark Tower II s/l Author's Copy with a $950 buy-it-now, and a starting bid of $550, with no action.

Since I own one, and in my mental valuations have always considered it worth at least $1K, this is not exciting news! haha...
    Link.

3-1/2 days left.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i cant see this being any more special or valuable than a s/l edition.i think others are the same - with no bids.

Gunslinger Apprentice Glass is on a distinguished road Glass's Avatar

Default Limiteds Selling Question

Hi All,

I am considering selling my Signed & Numbered Limited Editions of the Dark Tower series. I have set #561 but only have III, IV, V, VI and VII, along with Sisters.

I'm a huge fan but I simply must have enough money for a down payment on a house I want.

I know many of you here are collectors; I know a vast percentage of you know everything there is to know about selling one's collection.

At least I hope so.

All five/six books are Fine/Fine. Still in slipcases. Any idea how much these things are worth?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawn-

Unfortunately, the King market remains soft. The prices for partial sets sold at a much higher price before DT VII was released and even perked up a little bit in anticipation of the LSOE release. With no new books in the series to be released (that we know of), prices are a bit soft.

I am one person with one opinion, but the DT is kinda my forte, so here is what I think each book of your books is worth (noting that book II of your number is out there somewhere)

DT III - $375
    DT IV - $500
    DT V - $350
    DT VI - $350
    DT VII - $375
    LSOE S/L - $300

If I've done my math right, I come up with $2,250 As they are all the same number, you might get someone to pay $2,500 for the set.

Again, one man's opinion.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawn,
    I am sure you will get qualified estimates from the members here.
    Your post was also helpful as I have changed the title of our Collecting Questions thread to "Collecting Questions & Price Estimates."
    Shortly this will be merged into the Questions/Estimate thread.

Edit: Wiz has given an estimate-Thanks David.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just merged Shawn's thread into the pre-existing Current Market Value thread. Thanks.

Shawn, welcome back to the Corner! Sorry to hear that you need to sell your books, but I hope it goes well so you can buy that house.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick. My screw-up.
    I reversed my title change on the Collecting Questions thread.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah, no problem. In fact, I'm curious...

An informal poll for the members:

There tends to be overlap between the two threads, would you all prefer to keep the "Collecting Questions" and "Current Market Value" threads separate? Or should we go ahead and merge them into one?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Wiz's estimate Looks about right to me...maybe $3K for all of them.

"Current Market Value" should be its own thread...

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, keep 'em seperate.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

keep separate

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd rather keep them separate. A lot of times the "Collecting Questions" have nothing to do with pricing.

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to ask David, why the difference in price for volume IV from the rest of them? I would have priced volume III a little higher than IV simply by virtue of being older since the print runs were the same.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 388 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast