Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 388 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Thanks very much for the welcome and the words. It's nice to know that there are others who also appreciate paperbacks. I won't take up the space here, as it is way off topic, but if you like my story, you should hear my wife's King connected story. WAY cooler than mine. .

Teaser much?

The edit: changed my mood to Brooding because i live 20 minuets from Bridgton, and didn't see the notice for todays signing until a day or so after it was announced. Can you say "sold out?". Been brooding all day. Brooding bordering on downright ornery and antisocial.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I love paperbacks and have been collecting them for many years. Your story is great (oh yeah, and as cool as a cucumber, and you KNOW how cool that is!)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Thanks very much for the welcome and the words. It's nice to know that there are others who also appreciate paperbacks. I won't take up the space here, as it is way off topic, but if you like my story, you should hear my wife's King connected story. WAY cooler than mine. .

Teaser much?

The edit: changed my mood to Brooding because i live 20 minuets from Bridgton, and didn't see the notice for todays signing until a day or so after it was announced. Can you say "sold out?". Been brooding all day. Brooding bordering on downright ornery and antisocial.
    Yet another good reason to be on these boards. You won't be able to miss anything King-related! Someone here seems to know something as soon as it happens--whether it's a signing or a book being released. Of course that being said, just looking at this site will end up costing you money!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    What is the general opinion towards inscribed, signed, .....paperbacks. In 1980, Mr. King came to my high school in Gray, Maine to speak at an assembly. Afterwards, he set up a table in the lobby and started selling! It was pure luck that my 17 year old self had a couple of bucks in my pocket and I picked up new copies of The Shining and Night Shift, which he signed and inscribed. They have been the center piece of my little collection ever since. They are in 35 year old, well-loved-and-read condition. I have no intention of parting with them simply because they have always been there for me from here to Korea to Texas and back to Maine again.

I guess my question is do they even really rate anywhere on the "cool scale" for anyone else but me?
    WECOME & PAPERBACKS ARE O.K. IN MY HOUSE(SIGNED OR UNSIGNED).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question... Near fine Doubleday 1st set...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Unsigned?

Carrie: $800
    'Salem's Lot 800 - $900
    The Shining $600 - $700
    Night Shift $900 - $1000
    The Stand $ 400 - $500

$3500 - $3900

Obv thats individual prices and from a decent seller - prepare to pay extra for buying as a set or from ABE type dealers.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Unsigned?

Carrie: $800
    'Salem's Lot 800 - $900
    The Shining $600 - $700
    Night Shift $900 - $1000
    The Stand $ 400 - $500

$3500 - $3900

Obv thats individual prices and from a decent seller - prepare to pay extra for buying as a set or from ABE type dealers.
    I was thinking close to that Simon... I have a chance at a set for $3k... waiting for better pictures... what would you add if they were all flat signed?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not an expert but if I'd collect signed King books I'd pay more for older sigs. And with the way King's sig has changed over the years it's pretty easy to see how old it is, flatsigned or not.

My two cents.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting question. I've not seen these bought and sold as a "set" before. Prices for these are SO dependent on condition. Get plenty of pictures and ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable. The early dust jackets often have undisclosed color touch-up and hidden tape repairs to the verso. Take the Brodarts off and look for that. Evaluate each book separately and carefully. Also, if the seller insists on calling it a "set" make him include a nice Pet Sematary. An Uncut The Stand could be optional.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. I really do not have the cash now but if the price is right... I am going to go for it. I also agree with you Michael... I would pay more for an older signature... so much nicer looking!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

if you are only viewing photos and not seeing the books in person, pay close attention to the spine of The Shining, make sure you see it opened out with the front/back so it is obvious how much fading has occurred, it's often very difficult to tell when seen in isolation.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts at the current value of the CD Carrie Unbound Proof, 2nd State?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Those unbound proofs are really difficult to assign a value. Best guess, and that would be all it would be, is in the $200-300 range. I could be far off though. There's no way to determine just how many are out there.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Those unbound proofs are really difficult to assign a value. Best guess, and that would be all it would be, is in the $200-300 range. I could be far off though. There's no way to determine just how many are out there.

John
    Thanks, John. Thinking about raising some case for the 2 new PS Publishing titles, and was wondering where I might find it!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just came across a signed Whispers. What's the estimated value on these?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

That sounds like a good deal. The spine of this one is very prone to fading and this one doesn't look bad at all. He describes the condition as fair, though. I'd ask some questions.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

I'm not sure about the market on these right now. Since it hasn't sold yet I'd say that it's less than $250 in that condition. There is considerable spine fade and even the boards look faded.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Team,
    Just courious as to the current value of IT s/l?

Considering liquidating my Blockade s/l to put towards a savings plan for one, and just want to get a feel for what i should be looking to spend.

Thanks
    James

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi Team,

Considering liquidating my Blockade s/l to put towards a savings plan for one, and just want to get a feel for what i should be looking to spend.

Thanks
    James
    $800 - $900 USD, or around $1,200 USD for one with a matching # art portfolio.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi Team,

Thanks
    James
    $800 - $900 USD, or around $1,200 USD for one with a matching # art portfolio.
    Your 100% right... I think someone told me if you can get a S/L IT under $900.. BUY IT. I can say.. i would not sell my set for less than $1400 right now.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks gents. Kris, let's work out a deal :-)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered He is Legend?
    Taylor Cujo Guitar (last ebay did not sell at $3.99K)?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I paid about $3300 for my Cujo guitar a year ago. That was after a bidding war. Could be up or down from that depending on who wants it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I paid about $3300 for my Cujo guitar a year ago. That was after a bidding war. Could be up or down from that depending on who wants it.
    Was that the last ebay auction that sold?

I can't find sales in that last few months.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen one since, but I don't catch every thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 388 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast