Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 387 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

can we use those pictures in the illustration thread of Salem's Lot?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    can we use those pictures in the illustration thread of Salem's Lot?
    well... truthfully....those aren't my pics... those are the auction pics of the copy that sold on ebay for 7500+. this is such a big book... rather than take a chance on messing mine up by overhandling it during a picture taking session... i have just used these pics to show people what the book looks like instead. that's why the copy shown is black numerated VI, mine is actually Red numerated IV.

since i don't remember who auctioned this book- or who bought it....i care less if you use the pictures...don't see why they would either unless they were one of those rare anal species.
    the picture of the one in the case with the skeleton crew is miine and your definitely free to use that pic.

fyi... in that picture, you can't see it but the case shown came with a small dent on one corner. Jerad did get me an original replacement via the original maker (at no cost)- but it stays packed away for safe keeping, i use the slightly dented case to display the book.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Default How much should I ask for them? Comics

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I bought the first 3 Gunslinger Borns as soon as they were issued, with variants, with promotional extras. I was hoping to collect them all, keep them for a long time, and maybe sell them in the far future. The problem is, I have alot of SK books and stuff that I don't really need. It's nice to have stuff like this, but with the baby growing, us trying to make another one, and the money trouble's of trying to buy milk and diapers and pay bills on just my income.... it's not a priority any more.

So the crux of the situation is this. I'm gonna post these things on ebay, as one sole auction, GB 1-3 with variants and promo items, nm/mint condition. However, as I have been away for a while from the SK collector's scene, I'm not sure I can get back what I paid for them. I originally paid $100+ for the first issue + variants, and $87 dollars a piece for the next two issues + variants. it adds up to about $260. The promo items I got separate, and am not really sure I remember how much I paid for them, but it wasn't much.

How much should I ask for them? I'm hoping I can get at least $200 back in my pocket.

What do you guys think? I'd appreciate your input.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    What do you guys think? I'd appreciate your input.
    It's not good news. There have are many GB variants on ebay, at various prices. They do not sell unless they are cheap.

GB #1 variant BIN $11.74 http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-DAR...QQcmdZViewItem

The few collectors who want them, already have them. The market is also limited by the fact that they are not written by Stephen King.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

JB-

Sad to say I agree with Rabbit, you might get $100 for the lot if you do a great job "marketing" the package on eBay.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good marketing and a low starting price may be your best bet. I hate doing it, but I almost always start my bids at .99 cents. It's a gamble, but usually gets the most bidders involved and I've had great success.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

aww that sucks. I'f that's the case. I might as well just keep them. Or maybe, I'll do a giveaway later on or something.

Thanks guys.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I once spent about 2k on rare Koontz, King and Robert E. Howard books to be offered about $150.00 at a used/rare book store.

Collectible books are a hard investment.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is currently an ebay auction of the variants of the 7episods..
    price started by $50... currently 55, and about 12hours remains....

ebay # : 290200102875

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

aww that sucks. I'f that's the case. I might as well just keep them. Or maybe, I'll do a giveaway later on or something.

Thanks guys.
    You could try to auction them here John, although it may be even less than you might find on ebay.

If you were just looking to get whatever from them I mean.

I am also setting up a charity auction for the Haven Foundation for the year anniversary of this site, you could save them and donate them to that cause if you wanted.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

My Mood
    Breezy

Well, we'll see what happens. I don't think I want to sell them. What is The Haven FOundation? What does it benefit?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ... I am also setting up a charity auction for the Haven Foundation for the year anniversary of this site, you could save them and donate them to that cause if you wanted.
    ... What is The Haven Foundation? What does it benefit?
    Check it out.

The Haven Foundation

From the desk of Stephen King:

In the summer of 1999, I was struck by a careless driver and nearly killed while taking my daily walk. It was ten months before I was able to work productively again. Some years later, a good friend of mine, audio reader Frank Muller, suffered terrible head injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident. He will never work again. My luck was infinitely better than Muller’s, but the two events set me thinking about the uniquely perilous situation of many freelance artists. The majority of mid-list writers, audio readers, and freelancers in the book and publishing industry have little or no financial cushion in the event of a sudden catastrophic accident such as that suffered by Muller and myself. Many aren’t affiliated with any professional associations or guilds that can help them in the event of such reversals. Even those who are affiliated with organizations such as The Authors’ Guild cannot look for much beyond token help over a short period of time.

My response to this has been the creation of The Haven Foundation. Its goals will be fourfold:

First, to establish a compassionate and committed group of board members willing to sift through cases and identify those where the need seems to be the greatest. These “greatest need” cases would be freelance artists—writers, readers, and those in the associated publishing industry—who have found themselves unable to work due to disease or accident. We will also be focusing on freelancers associated with the book and publishing industry who lost their homes and work spaces (with freelancers these are often the same) as a result of Hurricane Katrina.

Second, to help a number of these individuals each year, based on need.

Third, to establish cut-off points for such help. As I have discovered, the decision to cut off aid is an agonizing one, and best made by a group rather than by an individual. I have come to believe, however, that it must be made if help is to be rendered to the many rather than the few.

Fourth, to seek fundraising opportunities so that The Haven Foundation can continue to do this work.

Stephen King
    June 7, 2006
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its a charity that Stephen King set up to benefit freelance artists (such as the people who record audio books).

When Frank Muller was hurt, he found out these guys don't have the kind of financial foundation that they need. Insurance and stuff.

Edit

Thank you Patrick.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Current Market Value-Experts assess your collectible King item

The purpose of this thread is to provide an area where members can receive opinions as to the current market value of specific King collectible items.
    The opinions can help to decide a price for someone to sell, or perhaps to buy.
    It will work best for specific, serious inquiries, not just the posting of an E-bay link out of curiosity.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A seller's opinion will be vastly different from a buyer's opinion. (in my opinion)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully, here a somewhat neutral third party can give an opinion.
    Just as in autos there is going to be a big difference between wholesale, retail and even trade in value, as well as price to/from a dealer versus price to/from a private party.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great thread idea Jerome! I will be more than happy to offer my "advice."

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A sealed copy of DT IV? (the Grant edition of course, with a slipcase from "The Collector")

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    A sealed copy of DT IV? (the Grant edition of course, with a slipcase from "The Collector")
    Wholesale $150
    Retail $175-$199

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

my ARC/Proof Secretary of Dreams Vol. 1 Flatsigned

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have any provenance of the signature? If you do, that adds to the value.

John

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i got it signed at Kings UK tour of Liseys.theres a photo of it on my collection page.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The ARC itself should go between $100 and $150. It's not really that scarce. I'd add another $100 for the autograph.

John

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

ho many of those ARCs are there john?ihave #56

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 387 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast