Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 388 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool, thanks for sharing!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am getting ready to list 'Borderlands 5' letter 'G' on Ebay. The book is in super condition, but the traycase has a deep crease on the front. The case looks good inside.

Would it make sense to hunt down a new traycase?
    What is a fair price the way it is?

Here are some pics:

Thanks for your feedback!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I think there should be a Bob and Gerald "Collectible Off" thread.

One of them picks an item (start off with something easily obtainable that the rest of us mere mortals might have) and then other has to show something a little better. Then the original person shows something better again. An interesting fact or story behind the item could also count as a 'bid'

See here for an example of this
    I am glad you all enjoyed looking at this item. I agree the case is beautiful. It is very heavy, far heavier than The Stand. As it now 30 years old, I am going to get a 2nd box built for the Second Draft, and keep the two separate. Unfortunately, typewriter paper was not the best quality in the early 1980s, so it requires extra special care to keep it protected. It is no longer sufficient to keep it contained in acid-free folders. After speaking with conservationists at The Library of Congress, I am going to separate each page with unbuffered acid-free interleaving tissue paper, but that will double the size of each section, so they will no longer fit in one case, as is the case now.

In terms of a "Collectible Off", I like to quote Sun Tzu: “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle”. I would not attempt to try and one-up Bob as I know he has a far larger collection of rare items that I will never see. If I had started collecting King earlier, it may have turned out differently, but I started with Tolkien in High School in Melbourne, when First Edition Hobbits could be purchased for less than $500. How I wish I purchased more of them, but such is life.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    I am getting ready to list 'Borderlands 5' letter 'G' on Ebay. The book is in super condition, but the traycase has a deep crease on the front. The case looks good inside.

Would it make sense to hunt down a new traycase?
    What is a fair price the way it is?

Here are some pics:

Thanks for your feedback!
    I believe David had one with a bumped corner for under $300.00 buy may have sold it. I paid $325.00 on Abebooks for my fine copy if that helps?

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, that helps. For $50 it wouldn't be worth hunting down a new case.
    How long ago did you get yours?

I have a numbered slipcase for sale as well.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Last 6 months
    $250.00 would seem fair(net) add ebay fees & it'll probably sell rather fast David had the bumped corner for a little while even at $285.00(I believe that was the price I bet MRT could tell you exactly)

Along the Path of the Beam 2929 will become famous soon enough 2929's Avatar

I am interested in starting a collection of King proofs, and was offered a copy of the CD edition of CARRIE (the bound proof in illustrated wraps). Can anyone give me a sense of what I should be paying for one of these in fine/unread?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Let me start with a question: do you just want to collect 'proofs' in general or are you interested in specific titles and publishers? Personally I would start out with some of the easy ones that are typically listed on eBay, but I can see how this opportunity of acquiring a CD Carrie proof would be interesting.

As for pricing of the CD proofs - it will partly depend on what you are willing to pay - there is much less consensus on proof prices than there is on trade editions, S/Ls and the like. There are proof collectors (me, for example) that are not interested in proofs of 'reprints' like the CD ones.

Having said that, John and George will be the go-to guys for pricing of CD proofs. I would be more than happy to provide input for older/original stuff.

Another question:

We picked up a signed (signature looks good, but I will post it here in a bit for others' opinions) copy of the mass-market paperback first edition of THE COLORADO KID. Found nothing on eBay, ABE, BookFinder.com.

Condition is near-fine with a bit of toning to the pages, light wear to wraps, but overall quite nice. Signature is in bright blue ink to the title page.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Let me start with a question: do you just want to collect 'proofs' in general or are you interested in specific titles and publishers? Personally I would start out with some of the easy ones that are typically listed on eBay, but I can see how this opportunity of acquiring a CD Carrie proof would be interesting.

As for pricing of the CD proofs - it will partly depend on what you are willing to pay - there is much less consensus on proof prices than there is on trade editions, S/Ls and the like. There are proof collectors (me, for example) that are not interested in proofs of 'reprints' like the CD ones.

Having said that, John and George will be the go-to guys for pricing of CD proofs. I would be more than happy to provide input for older/original stuff.
    Starting fresh as a King collector; I had a few in the old days but those are long since gone. My intent was to collect both signed firsts and proofs of anything new that was published beginning at the point where I picked up again: CARRIE is the first. At some point I may go back and pick up personal favorites, but at this point it's a forward-going plan only.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I see! In that case I'm sure John and George (and others who collect CD proofs) will be able to help you out. Good luck and enjoy the hunt!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 2929 View Post
    I am interested in starting a collection of King proofs, and was offered a copy of the CD edition of CARRIE (the bound proof in illustrated wraps). Can anyone give me a sense of what I should be paying for one of these in fine/unread?
    I don't know about the values but I can tell you what I paid for mine. The normal proof $150, the bound interoffice black covered proof $300 and the unbound proof $330. Hopes this helps.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For the CD proof copy of Carrie, I'd put the value at $200-250. This may be a bit high because it's so new that few have hit the market so far. I'm not sure how many were issued either. Since a proof of a reprint (although VERY nice) is not as desirable either. (Except for nuts like me!)

John

Thanks to you both. Looks like I'm good with this one--price is in the lower end of those numbers. Now, just need to hope that it's perfect!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Starting fresh as a King collector; I had a few in the old days but those are long since gone. My intent was to collect both signed firsts and proofs of anything new that was published beginning at the point where I picked up again: CARRIE is the first. At some point I may go back and pick up personal favorites, but at this point it's a forward-going plan only.
    One of the things you should be aware of is that King's recent works (Joyland, Mr. Mercedes, Doctor Sleep, Revival) have had relatively few proofs being issued. These seem scarcer than some of the older ones.

John

Another question:

We picked up a signed (signature looks good, but I will post it here in a bit for others' opinions) copy of the mass-market paperback first edition of THE COLORADO KID. Found nothing on eBay, ABE, BookFinder.com.

Condition is near-fine with a bit of toning to the pages, light wear to wraps, but overall quite nice. Signature is in bright blue ink to the title page.

Thoughts?
    Here's the signature on COLORADO KID; I'll post it in the authentication thread also:

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks legit to me......... and very neat.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Another question:

Thoughts?
    Here's the signature on COLORADO KID; I'll post it in the authentication thread also:

I'd say it's good.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thumbs up!

Again, thanks to all.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is badass!!! I collect Hard Case Crime, and have signed copies from most of the living authors (including Joyland) and I've never even seen a signed paperback of The Colorado Kid. Where'd you land that one? I don't know what its valued at, but I'd give my first born for it (and if I can find a willing female, I'll get started on that tonight).

Congrats on a tough find!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of proof collecting!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    That is badass!!! I collect Hard Case Crime, and have signed copies from most of the living authors (including Joyland)
    That sounds great. I also collect Hard Case Crime (or did, anyhow), though I haven't kept up very well since they switched to trade-paperbacks..these days I pick and choose which ones I'm interested in reading rather than buying them by default. Losing their standard, mass-market paperback form kind of killed the collecting compulsion; once it was no longer a nod to the paperback-originals of old (e.g. Gold Medal, Dell, etc.), they become just another publisher. But I have every one of their standard paperbacks displayed in their own paperback spinner (along with some select vintage noir paperback-originals). Your collection blows mine out of the water, though, as the only one I have signed is my favorite of the entire publisher's run, ROBBIE'S WIFE by Russell Hill.

These days the location of the spinner in my office is different, as is the banner (it now sports Robert McGinnis art that I tried to make appear like an old advertisement):

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    That is badass!!! I collect Hard Case Crime, and have signed copies from most of the living authors (including Joyland)
    That sounds great. I also collect Hard Case Crime (or did, anyhow), though I haven't kept up very well since they switched to trade-paperbacks..these days I pick and choose which ones I'm interested in reading rather than buying them by default. Losing their standard, mass-market paperback form kind of killed the collecting compulsion; once it was no longer a nod to the paperback-originals of old (e.g. Gold Medal, Dell, etc.), they become just another publisher. But I have every one of their standard paperbacks displayed in their own paperback spinner (along with some select vintage noir paperback-originals). Your collection blows mine out of the water, though, as the only one I have signed is my favorite of the entire publisher's run, ROBBIE'S WIFE by Russell Hill.

These days the location of the spinner in my office is different, as is the banner (it now sports Robert McGinnis art that I tried to make appear like an old advertisement):

That is beautiful... my collection of Hard Case is limited to a few choice items these days, the only signed being a proof of Block's BORDERLINE that I picked up recently. I miss the old format too, but love the art and the overall vibe.

That is badass!!! I collect Hard Case Crime, and have signed copies from most of the living authors (including Joyland) and I've never even seen a signed paperback of The Colorado Kid. Where'd you land that one? I don't know what its valued at, but I'd give my first born for it (and if I can find a willing female, I'll get started on that tonight).

Congrats on a tough find!
    Thanks. It was a chance pickup at a local library sale; my copy of COLORADO KID is a bit beat, and I was looking for a better copy... it's pure habit that I happened to look at the title page and catch the signature. It doesn't happen often, but it's tough to beat that thrill of finding a real winner.

I had a feeling it was scarce as I've never seen one listed on eBay, and in checking after we got home I turned up--nada.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 388 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast