Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 388 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    can anyone tell me how much is "He is legend" 1 of 750 (signed by all but Matheson) worth?

I see that there is still available "He Is Legend - PC Lettered w/o Slipcase" (or with traycase). Is it supposed to be signed like the lettered edition?

if i decide - what should i pick?
    You should be able to find the SL for $200 - $225 if you are willing to be patient. I don't know about the PC edition.
    I have wanted that one for awhile, and finally decided I should buy it for myself for Christmas. Bought a numbered one (not PC) on ebay a couple weeks ago in the shrinkwrap for $215. But yes, being patient helps. Otherwise, you're looking at over $250.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just picked up this edition (1st) of The Eyes of the Dragon with stamps reading "Not For Resale." Can anyone provide any insight here? Is this copy of any real significance?

Eyes of the Dragon "Not For Resale" Album

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Just picked up this edition (1st) of The Eyes of the Dragon with stamps reading "Not For Resale." Can anyone provide any insight here? Is this copy of any real significance?

Eyes of the Dragon "Not For Resale" Album
    It's probably similar to the "Doubleday employee book sale" stamp I asked about on the Collecting thread. The book will have been sold at a very low price (for whatever reason) with nothing going to the author, so they prohibit reselling.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Keep in mind that the higher listings that you find out there on ABE and eBay reflect listings that haven't sold. The $2,000 and $1,800 that I am referring to were listings that actually resulted in a sale. A lot of the listings out there reflect higher prices but, at the end of the day, what they actually sell for is a reflection of true market value.

Simply my perespective!
    It's a good point... and you can always do a search on eBay for completed listings only to see what an item has sold for in the past. I think that gives you a good idea on market value.
    I always do a search on eBay of sold items when I am on the fence on an item and if it is a good deal that might be the push I need to buy or if the sold items are well below I know I should wait.
    I agree with you all for sure. A book is truly worth what someone is willing to pay. There are guys on here (Alan) that track every sale at Bett's and Ebay too... WEALTH of knowledge on what something is worth. Seeing what Ebay is asking for a book or Abe doesnt do yourself much justice.... they could sit there forever and not sell at that price I always will ask before I buy. I was wondering on that one as I thought it seemed a bit high....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Foster sold his My Pretty Pony S/L via a "Best Offer Accepted" on eBay!

Congrats!

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Last two copies that sold in the open market sold for $1,800 and $2,000. Approximately 1 year ago.

I was a part of both transactions…...

While I agree that you don't see them much, they are less desirable given the complexity of displaying them. The piece is HUGE….
    Holy Moly only $1800 - $2000. Where did those sell....if you don't mind me asking?
    I have been checking all the spots and the lowest I have seen was just last month on Ebay. The start bid was set at $3000 or buy now $4000. Not an offer, which usually means asking too much. Up until then I hadn't seen one below $3500.

Before I put a $3900 price or a make an offer I checked out Abe's Have a look.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...+Pony&sortby=1

I am not an Abe's fan, but I can't find another anywhere to compare to.
    I am not defending the price, just looking for enlightenment so I can adjust my price.
    I'll watch for your reply with thanks in advance.
    Keep in mind that the higher listings that you find out there on ABE and eBay reflect listings that haven't sold. The $2,000 and $1,800 that I am referring to were listings that actually resulted in a sale. A lot of the listings out there reflect higher prices but, at the end of the day, what they actually sell for is a reflection of true market value.

Simply my perspective!
    We share the same perspective.

In MPP case I couldn't find any that SOLD. Yesterday, I contacted Bett's Dave and he said it should be around $2750 ( I have $3k into it). So I lowed my asking and 30 minutes ago it sold.
    I have SELLER'S REMORSE big time. Really, I just said why am I selling MPP and BING your item sold. Now to pack this beast LOL. Thanks for your input.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the hunt for a $1800 one LOL

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to Foster - great guy to deal with!

It's a shame some of his items have to be sold, personally I always like to have backups of my items worth $1000's...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last two copies that sold in the open market sold for $1,800 and $2,000. Approximately 1 year ago.

While I agree that you don't see them much, they are less desirable given the complexity of displaying them. The piece is HUGE….
    Holy Moly only $1800 - $2000. Where did those sell....if you don't mind me asking?
    I have been checking all the spots and the lowest I have seen was just last month on Ebay. The start bid was set at $3000 or buy now $4000. Not an offer, which usually means asking too much. Up until then I hadn't seen one below $3500.

I am not defending the price, just looking for enlightenment so I can adjust my price.

Simply my perspective!

In MPP case I couldn't find any that SOLD. Yesterday, I contacted Bett's Dave and he said it should be around $2750 ( I have $3k into it). So I lowed my asking and 30 minutes ago it sold.
    I have SELLER'S REMORSE big time. Really, I just said why am I selling MPP and BING your item sold. Now to pack this beast LOL. Thanks for your input.
    Congratulations. Big sale for sure! Did you ever find the ones that sold at the $1800 price?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Congrats to Foster - great guy to deal with!

It's a shame some of his items have to be sold, personally I always like to have backups of my items worth $1000's...
    Thanks Simon, you're a super dude to deal with as well. I am feelin' the love

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Simply my perspective!

Congratulations. Big sale for sure! Did you ever find the ones that sold at the $1800 price?
    Thanks happy/sad MPP is gone. I was hoping ARC would have replied (I'm guessing it was a private deal) so he didn't bother. Yesterday, Bett's David said he knew of one 5 years ago that was $1800. That is all the SOLD History I could find.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Foster is my new BFF. <3

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Dan;887942]
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    I see that there is still available "He Is Legend - PC Lettered w/o Slipcase" (or with traycase).
    Is it supposed to be signed like the lettered edition?

Anyone knows that?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Foster is my new BFF. <3
    Shucks and golly Krystle...... I am blushing

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Foster sold his My Pretty Pony S/L via a "Best Offer Accepted" on eBay!

Congrats!
    What price (if someone will say, if it's private fine.)?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Congrats!
    $2750 I thought he said... maybe I am wrong though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    $2750 I thought he said... maybe I am wrong though.
    For the longest of time the book sold below issue price. Glad to see it's finally moved up a bit.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was a $2,650 Buy It Now and a "Best Offer" was accepted.

So, $2,500?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

According to my mad ebay skillz, the price was between $2550 and $2510.16.

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    $2550

Country
    Country Flag

Nice job
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    THAT is genius! rep points for teaching me something new.

Country
    Country Flag

How did you do that? Wow!! Very cool!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How much do you guys think a Revival UK proof would go for these days?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you do that? Wow!! Very cool!
    Sort completed/sold auctions by price.
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 388 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast