Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 388 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Have you tried contacting Glenn instead of Overlook to see if maybe he can talk about it to Dave?
    Not that I think it will change much, but...
    Though, Glen and I are relatively close (for an internet friendship) I do know that he not the type of guy to get involved in something like this. He's generally too busy trying to make a living at what he does, which makes him a real easy guy to approach and befriend. He's a super guy and will do anything he can for people in general. That's why, though I understand the sentiment, I cringe when folks say they are sick of his work. To me, he's an amazing artist and I just can't get enough of his work.

Thanks for the thought though, HW!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Have you tried contacting Glenn instead of Overlook to see if maybe he can talk about it to Dave?
    Not that I think it will change much, but...
    Though, Glen and I are relatively close (for an internet friendship) I do know that he not the type of guy to get involved in something like this. He's generally too busy trying to make a living at what he does, which makes him a real easy guy to approach and befriend. He's a super guy and will do anything he can for people in general. That's why, though I understand the sentiment, I cringe when folks say they are sick of his work. To me, he's an amazing artist and I just can't get enough of his work.

Thanks for the thought though, HW!!!
    I agree, Glen is great! He is very approachable, in fact, I never buy the remarques from the book sellers anymore - I get them straight from Glen. He adds that special touch you can't get from the seller in that he will let you have some input. In the end you get a bigger bang for your buck, and Glen get's more of the proceeds, which as the artist is well deserved. I will never get sick of his work.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glenn is great too guys. I agree there is a lot of his stuff out there and I think that devalues his work a bit... And that is too bad!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's a shame he gets a bad rep for being so prolific, but you're right he has no qualms taking input on his work. You ask, you get.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I still drool over the piece he did of me as Jack Torrance

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome piece!!! You lucky bastard!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team. What would a fine copy of Danse Macabre be worth these days? Thank you

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

US - $300-350
    UK - $400-500

Just my guess.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    US - $300-350
    UK - $400-500

Just my guess.

John
    I agree with John. Fine copies of this title are hard to come by.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    US - $300-350
    UK - $400-500

Just my guess.

John
    I agree with John. Fine copies of this title are hard to come by.
    They can be had though. I picked up a Fine/Nr Fine UK copy for £54 in April from eBay.
    I also got a Mint US copy as part of another deal on a book from VFB that I returned as it was not as described. I got to keep the extras so it cost me $0

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signed maybe.... But 1st/1st.. 150-250.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry referring to Jannick...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. To clarify, I was referring to the US trade edition. I didn't realise they were that expensive for fine copies.

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Hi - brand new here. I've been slowly collecting for a couple years, and really just kind of lurking around this forum from time to time. After visiting more frequently during the last month, I think it's time to officially join the community. The breadth of content available within this site, and the massive expertise of the membership is a real asset to collectors and fans of all levels.

Here's my first question: what do you all think of the value of the 3 different ARC's of the Dark Man? I know that they were created at defined numbers - I think it was 200 of the red, 50 of the blue, and 10 of the orange. What values do you associate with each? Do you think the right move is to sit on them for a bit until the demand can catch up?

Thanks!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

I collect proofs/ARCs but I think my opinion will differ from that of some of the other proof collectors here. I am only interested in proofs for the 'regular' trade editions (i.e., issued by Doubleday, Viking, Putnam etc.) and I have a dislike for ARCs with glossy cover art that basically look like paperback versions of the final book. I prefer proofs to be a truly distinct state of a book. Therefore, I've never been interested in any of the CD proofs, even if there were only a couple available. A Viking Dead Zone proof is infinitely more appealing to me than a CD Full Dark, No Stars proof even though there probably more Dead Zone proofs in existence.

Just to illustrate that it is very hard to value proofs because collecting proofs is an acquired taste and there is much less consensus about what iscollectible and what isn't (compared to signed/limited editions, for example).

That said, I'm sure others will provide some guesstimates

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The value of proofs tends to go down with time. There is usually a spike when they first come out, but then prices fall as more come onto the market.

There is just not enough proof collectors out there anymore.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For the CD Dark Man proofs, I'd estimate:

$75-$100 for the red

$200-$300 for the blue

$500+ for the orange.

Again, just my guess. I don't think I've ever seen an orange one up for sale.

Also, welcome to the site!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

See, and that's what I mean: if a Viking Dead Zone proof or a Putnam Skeleton Crew proof can be had for around $500-600, I'd never pay the same amount for a CD Dark Man ARC. It just doesn't have the same 'class' as the older titles.

But that's just my opinion - if you're a completist John's estimates are probably the best you can get.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    Hi - brand new here. I've been slowly collecting for a couple years, and really just kind of lurking around this forum from time to time. After visiting more frequently during the last month, I think it's time to officially join the community. The breadth of content available within this site, and the massive expertise of the membership is a real asset to collectors and fans of all levels.

Here's my first question: what do you all think of the value of the 3 different ARC's of the Dark Man? I know that they were created at defined numbers - I think it was 200 of the red, 50 of the blue, and 10 of the orange. What values do you associate with each? Do you think the right move is to sit on them for a bit until the demand can catch up?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The value of proofs tends to go down with time. There is usually a spike when they first come out, but then prices fall as more come onto the market.

There is just not enough proof collectors out there anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Welcome!

I collect proofs/ARCs but I think my opinion will differ from that of some of the other proof collectors here. I am only interested in proofs for the 'regular' trade editions (i.e., issued by Doubleday, Viking, Putnam etc.) and I have a dislike for ARCs with glossy cover art that basically look like paperback versions of the final book. I prefer proofs to be a truly distinct state of a book. Therefore, I've never been interested in any of the CD proofs, even if there were only a couple available. A Viking Dead Zone proof is infinitely more appealing to me than a CD Full Dark, No Stars proof even though there probably more Dead Zone proofs in existence.

Just to illustrate that it is very hard to value proofs because collecting proofs is an acquired taste and there is much less consensus about what iscollectible and what isn't (compared to signed/limited editions, for example).

That said, I'm sure others will provide some guesstimates
    For the CD Dark Man proofs, I'd estimate:

$75-$100 for the red

$200-$300 for the blue

$500+ for the orange.

Again, just my guess. I don't think I've ever seen an orange one up for sale.

Also, welcome to the site!

John
    You're not not gonna get better advice than from these guys. JHanic is the "Proof-King" and the other two are in the running. Also, welcome to the site!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Thanks to all for the welcome, and your thoughtful replies!

I get what you're saying, Michael. It's very interesting that within the proof collecting world (a narrow slice of book collectors for sure) that there's even further segmentation of our niche where certain 'types' of proofs are sought after by some, but not by others. It truly is all about taste. Does one value a CD glossy ARC that is only 1 of 50 ever made, or does one value a proof created in greater numbers but fabricated with the materials and feel that is closer to the book in it's published state? An interesting question and answer all in one. Valuing these items is tricky business!

With all that said, I really appreciate John's efforts at putting $ amounts on the Dark Man ARC's. That seems like a reasonable range for each to me because I think they're pretty awesome. I'm sitting on a blue one that's totally mint and I've been debating whether or not to put it up for sale. I'll probably think on it a bit longer and keep looking to see if any others have sold lately.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Castle Rock - complete

I'm planning to sell my complete set of Castle Rock newsletters. Each issue read only once.
    What would be a fair price to ask?

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I'm planning to sell my complete set of Castle Rock newsletters. Each issue read only once.
    What would be a fair price to ask?

sk
    If I remember correctly, a full set is around $300.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team.

For a while now I've seen this partial DT set on eBay and wondered why it hasn't sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231281532232

It's a PC set, DTII through to WTTK.

Every now and then I consider setting my self up for divorce and making an offer, as the seller is avtually local for me. But then reality sets in and I realize I really can't spend that sort of money on books.

But I still feel the need to understand what these are worth, just in case I go nuts and make an offer.

Are these priced too high and that's why they haven't sold? Do people just not want PC editions?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi team.

For a while now I've seen this partial DT set on eBay and wondered why it hasn't sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231281532232

It's a PC set, DTII through to WTTK.

Every now and then I consider setting my self up for divorce and making an offer, as the seller is avtually local for me. But then reality sets in and I realize I really can't spend that sort of money on books.

But I still feel the need to understand what these are worth, just in case I go nuts and make an offer.

Are these priced too high and that's why they haven't sold? Do people just not want PC editions?
    I do not want PC editions. No guarantee you will be offered a PC copy of the next Grant Book! Numbered or Nothing. I think the shipping and the out of country (Noo Zealand) is a turn off for a lot us in the states. Damage from shipping, etc... Do they have hobbits working at the post office? Look how many times that ring got lost!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I think it is because noone wants PC editions, except for the 5 people in the world who collect them. And they have them already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 388 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast