Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 387 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Bill, on your great find!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is fun scouring used book stores (and throft shops). Typically, the latter is where you'd find a bargain, but with my Rage and now Night Shift, they were found in bookstores. Go figure.

Tippy, we can still be friends!!!

Patrick, I ran across a copy of Snuff, signed and picked it up. I need to get your cell # next time I'm in Portland so I can call and see if you need something!

I'll get pics up on the Pride and Joy thread soon.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. Expect a PM.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, here's the deal.

I own a New Lieutenant's Rap with the peace sign necklace and signed Tom Gordon book. No peace sign envelope.

Tinah3 is selling a S/L Rap with envelope but her price is $2300, although she has a "make an offer" option. I would love to buy her copy to get the envelope and sell the S/L book itself.

So, my questions are this:

How much do you think someone would pay for the S/L Rap by itself, which is the way a large percentage of them are sold?

How much should I offer her for her copy?

Thanks for your input. The big collectors need to step up and offer some advice here. Gracias.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Boy, David, that's a toughie. I'm in exactly the same boat as you--I own the booklet, necklace and Tom Gordon book, but not the envelope. I know I'd like to get an envelope for about $500 or so, but I DO realize that's not too realistic. I haven't seen a s/l Rap for quite a while. I think (but I'm not sure) that it went in the $1200-$1500 range. I could be mistaken about that, though.

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my set with the signed Tom Gordon book, rap, necklace, envelope etc two-three years ago for, if I remember correctly, about $2300. It arrived in perfect shape from a person who was actually at the party that night. I thought that was a pretty fair price at the time. I agree with John that the s/l rap for $1200 to $1500 sounds good also.
    The whole set real deal is very tough to come by......

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

So, my questions are this:

How much do you think someone would pay for the S/L Rap by itself, which is the way a large percentage of them are sold?

How much should I offer her for her copy?
    As John said, that is a tough question. Is your copy one of the "proof" copies or is it numbered and signed by King? If so, what is the number?

The reason I ask that is that very high numbers (i.e. 450 and up) were not given out at the party. I think they were comp copies that Michael Alpert got. Those NEVER had an envelope and to try and match one up with an envelope wouldn't make much sense, IMO.

I think that $1500 would be a reasonable offer to Tina. It's as good a place to start as any and I doubt she would take any less.

I've got a copy with an envelope but no necklace. I used to worry about that and was looking for a necklace to match it up but I have since stopped and am very much at peace with it, collecting wise. I wouldn't pay a premium for one of those necklaces at this time.

I do have a copy of the trivia contest that was done at the party. I haven't seen too many of those offered.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob
    I have #188. The necklace is tough to find. The trivia contest copy I have from there is used.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, great input from you John, Mike and Bob! Thanks ever so much.

Bob, I have a signed copy (#453), a numbered proof (#22 of 24, and an unnumbered proof. My signed copy has the slightest flaw on the front cover which has always bugged me. And I did not know that piece of info about the copies above 450 Bob. So I guess I could try to find a buyer for mine if I could get Tina to go for $1500 or so. I paid $1750 for my copy with the necklace and book several years ago.

I really appreciate everyone's input on this. Will have to consider.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know about the above #450 either. Mine is #468. I got it from Betts a long time ago. I paid $850 for it. I got the necklace and book later for about $200. I also have a used photocopy of the quiz.

John

<edit>There's another copy out there with the envelope for $2750 BIN.

New Lieutenant's Rap #276

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If you are definitley going to buy a copy with an envelope someday, maybe you should just sell your envelope-less copy, and then buy a copy w/the envelope whenever it shows up at the right price.

If you put an offer in with Tinah at $1500 and she sells, then perfect, you buy it and then sell yours...but if she doesn't buy, and you sell yours for $800 or whatever, at least you know what your profit was, and your dollar-cost-average, etc.

Kind of roundabout reasoning...don't know if that made sense or not...

You know, I have one for sale for $3250, so don't count me out! Haha...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Wow, great input from you John, Mike and Bob! Thanks ever so much.

Bob, I have a signed copy (#453), a numbered proof (#22 of 24, and an unnumbered proof. My signed copy has the slightest flaw on the front cover which has always bugged me. And I did not know that piece of info about the copies above 450 Bob. So I guess I could try to find a buyer for mine if I could get Tina to go for $1500 or so. I paid $1750 for my copy with the necklace and book several years ago.

I really appreciate everyone's input on this. Will have to consider.
    I am pretty sure that your copy #453 is not from the party but is one of Alpert's copies. I bought copy #467 from Roy Robbins and he told me that Alpert was the source. He also moved some through Betts Bookstore. How many copies Alpert sold and the exact numbers on each copy are things that I do not know.

I do have one pretty cool set of items. It is a matching set of #100 of The New Lieutenant's Rap (in the envelope) and Roman numeral "C" of Six Stories. I got these from Stu at Betts and they are from someone in King's office but I do not know exactly who.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I have copy #431 and it came from King's personal stock a few days after the party. It's personalized and dated.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i did never heard about that enveloppe in the past.
    It looks a really nice item (cf the pic).
    So, if i understood well, at a party there were some New Lieutenants... (offered?) with an envelopp and peace sign in it?
    and wots the matter with the tom gordon book???
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

At the party (which was in celebration of King's 25th year of writing), a copy of The New Lieutenant's Rap in an envelope, a peace sign necklace, a signed copy of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and a quiz were given to each of the approximately 108 attendees. At the end of the party according to some reports, approximately 28-42 people left their copies of The New Lieutenant's Rap, which were then thrown out and destroyed by the cleaning people. More information can be found on:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/limited/newrap.html

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thrown out?

This makes me sad.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Tina sold her copy for $1800.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

I don't know the buyer.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    approximately 28-42 people left their copies of The New Lieutenant's Rap

goddam morrons!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Tina sold her copy for $1800.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

I don't know the buyer.

John
    Maybe next time

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wondering what the value of a damaged Firestarter S/L dust jacket might be. What might I expect to get on eBay? or would I be better to find another use for it?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Uh...value? I think 'damaged' isn't exactly a strong enough word...

It could be cut up, then parts of the front cover framed with a signature on an index card or something...that could look kind of sharp.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Light a match and carefully singe all the rough edges without burning the whole thing. That would make the rips look like fire damage, which is much cooler.

Then... I don't know what.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Light a match and carefully singe all the rough edges without burning the whole thing. That would make the rips look like fire damage, which is much cooler.

haha Good thinking!

I'm thinking of cutting out the front panel, around the tears and framing it, maybe with the inside flap that has the write up on Whelan.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

haha Good thinking!

I'm thinking of cutting out the front panel, around the tears and framing it, maybe with the inside flap that has the write up on Whelan.
    That could be nice. You could separate the Whelan flap from the front cover, then still singe the edges around the front cover only. Then do a back matte on everything with the front matte doing the traditional matte thing (covering the edges) of Whelan the piece, but have the front matte form a box or rectangle with some space around the front cover, so the burnt edges show. Does that make any sense? Just an idea, feel free to ignore it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

haha Good thinking!

That could be nice. You could separate the Whelan flap from the front cover, then still singe the edges around the front cover only. Then do a back matte on everything with the front matte doing the traditional matte thing (covering the edges) of Whelan the piece, but have the front matte form a box or rectangle with some space around the front cover, so the burnt edges show. Does that make any sense? Just an idea, feel free to ignore it.
    I actually really like that idea - but, I don't think I trust myself with fire and now that I open my eyes, there isn't a write up on Michael... hmm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 387 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast