Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 388 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

can someone tell me what is the going price for a slipcased gift edition of Insomnia in f/f/f condition?
    thanks

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Hey Simon,

I just got mine for 68 plus shipping. The going rate however is on eBay is higher around 75-85 plus shipping.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay,
    thanks

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What does anyone think these are worth:

The only one of the 500 lithographs of the Whelan Dark Tower (2004 I think), that is signed by King, with a certificate of authenticity, I think it's number 94, but I could be wrong.

A Very Very Fine 1st CANADIAN printing of the Signet edition of THE LONG WALK
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the Canadian The Long Walk is worth between $100 and $150.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

What would you guys say the value of this is? its a first printing - I have a DJ 1st print 2nd state from the shannon sale coming to me but I didnt know the value of just the book.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess it would help if we knew what book it was.

My Mood
    Inspired

Ah silly me - it is a salem's Lot 1/1 - I thought I posted a picture of the spine, guess not.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The book by itself is not extremely valuable. I would say maybe $75-100 for a fine copy, tops. At least 75% of the value of trade editions is in the DJ, especially with 'Salem's Lot. This copy? Maybe $25. Are you looking to buy it?

(I also assembled a 'Salem's Lot 1st/1st with 2nd state DJ - I married a 2nd state DJ that was on a 2nd printing book (got it for $41) and married it to a DJ-less book that cost me $100)

My Mood
    Inspired

Yeah I actually bought it for 100 awhile ago - I am thinking maybe I should seek out a different better copy...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why would you? Personally, I wouldn't care too much if the book's a little shabby underneath the DJ as long as the 'first edition' statement and gutter code are there and the book isn't full of glue stains, tape marks and stamps. I do think that $100 was too much for this particular copy, but on the other hand you can keep this one and use the money you'd spend on a better book for something else. Just my opinion!

My Mood
    Inspired

Yeah the book itself is in pretty good shape - and the DJ will be pretty good to. I will have to wait and see what it looks like with the second state jacket!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts as for combined pricing? Thanks in advance.

Cycle of the Werewolf US first edition with slipcase in very good condition. Dustjacket has a small inch tear, some wrinkles, and some very minor spotting.
    and
    Cycle of the Werewolf Signed Limited Art Portfolio. Like new, signed by Stephen King and Berni Wrightson. #342.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team,
    I have been given an opportunity to purchase a 1st Gunslinger. I've been provided these photos to help determine a fair price.

Now I know I'm not looking at a perfect copy, and the price on offer reflects its condition, so just hoping you experts out there could give your thoughts as to its value:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested to know the price point for this as well. The DJ looks okay (not great but can be replaced) however with the staining, ink stamps, and library imprinted stamp, I would think this book would be South of $500. That said my price point is pure speculation because I don't track cost of things with any type of scientific spreadsheet.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Less than $500. I would say $300. It will cost $100 for a new DJ. The stamp and stain will remain.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

$300-350.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    $300-350.
    No expert but I'd max our around $275 with the stains and stamps - DJ looks okay considering the book condition, I would not match it with a Fine DJ.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. This is good to know. I would not have guessed this GS below $400.00 even with all the defects.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Any thoughts as for combined pricing? Thanks in advance.

Cycle of the Werewolf US first edition with slipcase in very good condition. Dustjacket has a small inch tear, some wrinkles, and some very minor spotting.
    and
    Cycle of the Werewolf Signed Limited Art Portfolio. Like new, signed by Stephen King and Berni Wrightson. #342.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the Gunslinger..
    I'd think about for it for three months while stashing away an additional $100 a month, then buy a real one.
    Just way too many negatives on this one.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great point and I think that is the way I would feel if I could set aside that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I'd think about for it for three months while stashing away an additional $100 a month, then buy a real one.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Great point and I think that is the way I would feel if I could set aside that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    IMHO This one is a pass. CRAP IS CRAP & if you have to ask you must have your doubts also.
    If you smoke QUIT if you don't pretend you do & EVERY day put the price of a pack of cigarettes away. FEED YOUR BOOK HABIT. An later on buy something WORTH investing in.
    Spoiler:
    Like the man said "THEN BUY A REAL ONE"

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the comments re value.
    As stated, I'm not in a position to lay down the money on a fine copy, and specifically asked in the wanted thread if anyone had some less than perfect copies to sell at the right price.

Not everyone can afford the best, but that doesn't mean I still don't want a Gunslinger first in my collection. A 1st Gunslinger is still a 1st Gundlinger and I'd like to have the best copy I can afford.

Again, thanks to all who have shared an opinion on this copy and its value.

Cheers
    James.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For $250, I would buy it, but not for much more. Careful patient searching can get a book ~$500 in much better condition, perhaps with a damaged DJ, which can be replaced for ~$120 for a NF+ DJ. $625 thus gets you a copy you can be proud of.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 388 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast