Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 387 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I agree with RF regarding the relatively less expensive collectible books. Go with someone you can trust, and if you want general info and photos of an edition that you are considering (a first edition, for example), don't forget to check out the Catalogs here in the Corner - they're a great reference source.
    I know what they look like, I'm talking about photos of the actual photos of the book that I would be questioning. If anyone expects me to buy their book, I either want photos of said book or a guarantee promising a full refund including shipping if I'm displeased with the book.

I don't collect books to waste money on something that is not as described.
    I find its best to buy local for the more common firsts. Theres tons of them out there, so theres no rush to buy them. Hit Good Will and the Salvation Army as well as book stores and you'll find some great bargains.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

... I don't collect books to waste money on something that is not as described.
    Amen to that. Either see the book or know your seller.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I agree with RF regarding the relatively less expensive collectible books. Go with someone you can trust, and if you want general info and photos of an edition that you are considering (a first edition, for example), don't forget to check out the Catalogs here in the Corner - they're a great reference source.
    I know what they look like, I'm talking about photos of the actual photos of the book that I would be questioning. If anyone expects me to buy their book, I either want photos of said book or a guarantee promising a full refund including shipping if I'm displeased with the book.

I don't collect books to waste money on something that is not as described.
    I find its best to buy local for the more common firsts. Theres tons of them out there, so theres no rush to buy them. Hit Good Will and the Salvation Army as well as book stores and you'll find some great bargains.

I have to say part of the reason the collecting bug has bitten me recently is the thrill of going through the hardcovers at the used bookstore and finding that first edition hidden on the shelf. It's pretty exciting, not to mention they are usually pretty cheaply priced!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    I have to say part of the reason the collecting bug has bitten me recently is the thrill of going through the hardcovers at the used bookstore and finding that first edition hidden on the shelf. It's pretty exciting, not to mention they are usually pretty cheaply priced!
    I agree. Unfortunately, I don't have any used book stores around me. Believe me, I've looked!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Whenever I am going to a new place before I go I google the palce for used book stores and map out the locations. I was in Virginia beach recently and mapped out 5 stores - I only found 1 of them; two others the address was in a private residence!

Last week me and my wife were riding back from a dinner with my daughters and decided to stop at a place called The Virignia Baazare (sp?). We have noticed the sign for this place for years but never went. Pretty interesting place - only open on Sat/Sun and lots and lots of junk but alos good stuff if you look hard enougg. therre was a place that had tons of books but no organization - just boxes and boxes of books. I would need to dedicate several hours to roam though the boxes. Also a place with comics and the same story there!

We will definitely go back some weekend - make a day of it. This place is about 75 miles away from my home!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE those types of places! Unfortunately, we don't have many around here at all any more. Those are the kinds of stores I grew up with.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Whenever I am going to a new place before I go I google the palce for used book stores and map out the locations. I was in Virginia beach recently and mapped out 5 stores - I only found 1 of them; two others the address was in a private residence!

Last week me and my wife were riding back from a dinner with my daughters and decided to stop at a place called The Virignia Baazare (sp?). We have noticed the sign for this place for years but never went. Pretty interesting place - only open on Sat/Sun and lots and lots of junk but alos good stuff if you look hard enougg. therre was a place that had tons of books but no organization - just boxes and boxes of books. I would need to dedicate several hours to roam though the boxes. Also a place with comics and the same story there!

We will definitely go back some weekend - make a day of it. This place is about 75 miles away from my home!
    40 from mine

Let me know when your coming I'll meet you there and help dump out the boxes.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I couldn't even get a single bid at $200 for an DT IV ARC with artwork, so I would assume it would be a good amount less without.
    Then again, some people get crazy over shrinkwrap.
    Scoogs...I've been watching your auctions and was indeed quite surprised by the lack of interest. What's wrong with people these days. I was wishing you better luck.
    Listed it one last time.
    A few people watching it, but that doesn't really do any good. I feel like I should change the description to "Don't watch, buy!"
    Don't really have high hopes that it will sell, but I'm also not willing to just give it away so some reseller can repost it next week (no offense to anyone here).
    Mark Twain

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's usually the people on here who are watching ebay items. If you post your auction details here, people watch it to see how you do.

A high number of watchers does not mean it will sell.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Any suggestions on the value of a 1st Rage and an Insomnia portfolio?. Thanks.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Condition of the Rage is most important. I'd say about $100 for the Insomnia portfolio. That's just a guess, though.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Any suggestions on the value of a 1st Rage and an Insomnia portfolio?. Thanks.
    The range of Rage is determined by condition. It could be anywhere from $75 ( poor ) to $500+ for a very fine copy.

The Insomnia portfolio is one of the few signed by King and the artist ( also COTW portfolio ) and is in the $400 range.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hutch would know! As I said, mine was just a guess.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thanks John and Hutch.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Need advice as to market value for a Rainy Season print.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would estimated anywhere from $1300-$1500. Being that there are only 100, they can be a little pricey.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I look forward to hearing additional opinions.
    I am hoping for estimates from Collectors that have bought and sold rare (expensive) King items.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jerome, I have no idea what it is worth. In fact, I've even forgotten what a Rainy Season print is exactly. I keep thinking of Letters from Hell, which I know it is not. Got a picture for the "just curious" crowd (me)?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah! Thanks. Are you thinking of buying or selling?

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I am hoping for estimates from Collectors that have bought and sold rare (expensive) King items.
    I've seen it sell within a large range of asking prices. I lean toward it's retail value between $750-$900.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I've seen it sell within a large range of asking prices. I lean toward it's retail value between $750-$900.
    I agree with Hutch. $750-$900 for the signed one, $100 for the gray unsigned one.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Some people don't realize that the picture is actually composed of the entire text to the story Rainy Season! Very Clever.

On my wish list, but way out of my price range! :-(
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Friends -

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not, but I need some advice for insurance purposes.

I've made my first significant DT purchase ( and am so very excited!! ) - I will post pictures once the books arrive, for sure - but in the interim, I'm looking to contact my insurance agent to get the books properly covered.

Here's what I got from a Private Collector :

All First Editions :

Gunslinger - Signed by Michael Whelan. Never read.
    Drawning of the Three - Signed by Phil Hale. Never read.
    Waste Lands - Never read ( not signed ). Kept in slipcase.
    Wizards and Glass - Never read ( not signed ). Kept in slipcase.
    Wolves of the Calla - Signed Artists Edition. Still in shrink wrap.
    Song of Susannah - Signed Artists Edition. Still in shrink wrap.
    Dark Tower - Signed Artists Edition. Still in shrink wrap.

Slipcases included and all in mint condition.

What do you feel the honest insurance value is for these?

As always, I thank you for all your advice and insights.

Regards, turtlex
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey Friends -

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not, but I need some advice for insurance purposes.

I've made my first significant DT purchase ( and am so very excited!! ) - I will post pictures once the books arrive, for sure - but in the interim, I'm looking to contact my insurance agent to get the books properly covered.

Here's what I got from a Private Collector :

All First Editions :

Gunslinger - Signed by Michael Whelan. Never read.
    Drawning of the Three - Signed by Phil Hale. Never read.
    Waste Lands - Never read ( not signed ). Kept in slipcase.
    Wizards and Glass - Never read ( not signed ). Kept in slipcase.
    Wolves of the Calla - Signed Artists Edition. Still in shrink wrap.
    Song of Susannah - Signed Artists Edition. Still in shrink wrap.
    Dark Tower - Signed Artists Edition. Still in shrink wrap.

Slipcases included and all in mint condition.

What do you feel the honest insurance value is for these?

As always, I thank you for all your advice and insights.

Regards, turtlex
    I'd say in terms of insurance value, not current market value...

DTI - $800
    DTII - $100
    DTIII - $75
    DTIV - $175
    DTV - $175
    DTVI - $150
    DTVII - $100

So $1575...ish

That said, you may not need extra insurance, it would obviously depend on the policy, but the last time I called my insurance company they said everything in the house is covered by the basic home owner's insurance. It is important however to make a catalouge and take lots of pictures in order to prove what you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 387 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast