Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 388 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    You must be the eBay buyer from Feb 2015! That was a great price, given that it included the custom acrylic slipcase. Do you happen to have a picture of it?

There were "trade" editions available up through the end of 2015 for as little as $100.

As far as I can tell, by the very end of 2015 the final copies from George Beahm and Centipede Press finally sold out, and the price for both the trade and S/L took a big jump in 2016 2017, with some decent appreciation since.

On a side note, I have never seen one of the deluxe versions (of which I think there were ~25 and that retailed for ~$4-5k), and would love to see it if someone here has a copy!
    Here are some picutures I took for the P&J thread a few years ago. Looks like I took the picture just after the room had been repainted.

This picuture gives a better idea of the size:

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. Appreciate it! I'm actually considering selling mine as it's just too massive to even look at and it's not something I need. I can't decide so was trying to gauge whether or not it would even be worth selling as shipping will likely not be an easy thing. I reached out to David as well for his thoughts on the matter.
    Bag and/or bubble wrap the book. Place in a large box full of peanuts. Place that box in even larger box full of peanuts. That is how they were shipped by George Beahm.
    Yeah, I think I ended up with two trash bags full of peanuts. Maybe more.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I decided to keep the behemoth. Love that acrylic slipcase! Are those still available or was that a one off thing?

Thoughts on the Frankenstein S/L NF/NF with some foxing. Thank you!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I decided to keep the behemoth. Love that acrylic slipcase! Are those still available or was that a one off thing?

Thoughts on the Frankenstein S/L NF/NF with some foxing. Thank you!
    I ran an auction on a fine one and it got $775. So I would say $725-750.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Are those still available or was that a one off thing?
    George Beahm had a bunch made when he sold the books. All have been sold now though.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    George Beahm had a bunch made when he sold the books. All have been sold now though.
    I have a spare acrylic case sitting here in my office that George sent me. It has a small crack in the corner but doesn't affect anything. You are welcome to it if you want it.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested in it if Stroppy isn't. I have one of those beasties gathering dust on a shelf. lmk
    Thanks,

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I have a spare acrylic case sitting here in my office that George sent me. It has a small crack in the corner but doesn't affect anything. You are welcome to it if you want it.
    I think the offer was to Beverly Marsh. I'd love to have it but I suspect shipping would be prohibitive to the UK.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I would be interested in the case if Stroppy doesn't want it as I have one of those beasts sitting on my shelf gathering dust.

John F. Kennedy Rugger will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody know what the going rate for numbered firestarter phantasia press is? Thanks.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Anybody know what the going rate for numbered firestarter phantasia press is? Thanks.
    Betts recently sold one for $1200, with a July 6 signing date. I understand July 5 and July 8 are the more common of the 4 dates
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Current market value for a S/L Legacies ?

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

PM sent Josh. I almost missed it until Simon pointed it out! During the great DT Depression last week

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the current market value for the Lisey's Story "gift" edition w/slipcase? I'm assuming it is worth more than the actual 1st edition...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    Betts recently sold one for $1200, with a July 6 signing date. I understand July 5 and July 8 are the more common of the 4 dates
    Mine is July 7th number #541. So that may be less common? Any idea of what that is worth? Plus a S\L Christine. Both F\F.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    What is the current market value for the Lisey's Story "gift" edition w/slipcase? I'm assuming it is worth more than the actual 1st edition...
    $20

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone selling a Firestarter here? Lol I need one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Is anyone selling a Firestarter here? Lol I need one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come on now . According to that how many sigs do you have, you listed something like 128. You mean to tell me not one is a Firestarter. Get out of the city .

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    $20
    Thanks!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    I have also heard that 6 and 7 are the least common dates, however I have also been told that fewer than 1/4 of the copies were signed on the 5th. No evidence to back any of this up, just word of mouth.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The 5th was the hardest one for me to find, but that's probably because July 5 is my birthday. I have no idea (and no one else does either) how many he signed per day.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A long time ago, and on another site, I saw a listing of the latest numbers known (at that time) for the various signature dates. Not sure where that was or if it still exists. It was a neat point of reference. Personally, I've always found 8 July date the most difficult to find in F/F/F condition.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    A long time ago, and on another site, I saw a listing of the latest numbers known (at that time) for the various signature dates. Not sure where that was or if it still exists. It was a neat point of reference. Personally, I've always found 8 July date the most difficult to find in F/F/F condition.
    Here's the page I think you are referring to:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...restarter.html
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Here's the page I think you are referring to:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...restarter.html
    For anyone who doesn't want to do the math, here are the possible number of copies for each date:

July 5: 109-166 (15-23% of all copies)
    July 6: 200-264 (28-36% of all copies)
    July 7: 215-241 (30-33% of all copies)
    July 8: 116-136 (16-19% of all copies)

So July 5 and July 8 are definitely more rare than July 6 and July 7, but we don't know whether the 5th or 8th is rarer, or whether the 6th or 7th is rarer.

Here are the possible orders of rarity:

5, 8, 6, 7
    5, 8, 7, 6
    8, 5, 6, 7
    8, 5, 7, 6

EDIT to add: this of course assumes that the books were signed/numbered sequentially.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 388 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 ... LastLast