Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 388 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Publisher apparently still has copies @ $375:
    http://www.ziesings.com/pages/books/...-king/insomnia

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Cooool! Tanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Where did those come from?

I bet they're PC copies...but that price is about right.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think the price is about 75 too much.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hi there...
    recently i bought a book... it seems to be 1st UK "The Stand" with some wear...
    do you think it is worth something?

Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    hi there...
    They are worth a lot if the dust jacket is in great condition. A Fine one would be close to $1000, but there are not many Fine ones around.

Your one, I would say was VG condition, so the price would be $500.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    hi there...
    They are worth a lot if the dust jacket is in great condition. A Fine one would be close to $1000, but there are not many Fine ones around.

Wow... I think I'm gonna go for another copy that is for sale...
    but the other has previous owner's name inside (one the first blank page)...
    how does that would change the value?
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

hi there...

That would seriously degrade the value. I'd say between $200-300.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    hi there...

That would seriously degrade the value. I'd say between $200-300.

John
    thank you very much...
    still... it way way above of what i paid for these
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John's assessment is correct.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Here is one King signed near or before the publication date. To Bill Thompson who is the "WGT" of the dedication. So I suppose one could call this a dedication copy.

That is a classic and as Bob's collection goes " A most desirable collectible". Thanks for sharing.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on where we may see the value of the Numbered Artist edition of Carrie from CD?

As a follow on to the above, thoughts on if we should expect Salem's Lot to match that value when it is released, or does the fact there is already a limited edition of Salem's lot perhaps mean the value of that title may not quite match that of Carrie on the secondary market?

I'm also asking the above from an individual point of view, as opposed to what the value may be as part of the completed Double Day set.

Thanks

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Any thoughts on where we may see the value of the Numbered Artist edition of Carrie from CD?
    There's three on eBay right now. One for $250, one for $299, and one for $225 (packaged with gift edition at $85, $310 total).

One sold for $250. Four were listed at $225 and didn't appear to sell any. One was listed at $1 start and was bid up to $103 and didn't hit reserve.

Based on all of that I'd say list price ($225) at best, but maybe more realistically $175-$200.

Not really sure about Salems. To me it wouldn't really make a difference on the value, but it may to others.

IMO I don't really see these selling at a premium any time in the near future, and the best bet for being valued over list may be once all the books are published and having a complete matching numbers set. But I wouldn't be real confident of that, either.

I wonder how many people got these as part of the SK Grab Bag, essentially paying around $100 or so depending on how you value the other items.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to have to disagree with Ya Frankie... No offence but look at the GE of IT... And that had a higher print run. It goes for $400!! Time will make these go up... And they will be done with some of Kings most famous work.... Much too early to gage but these will go up... Not crazy far.. But up for sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

I'm not sure you can use IT's performance as an example of what typically happens with value.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to go in the middle. I think most of these books will be around the $200 range and will be more valuable as a set. I do think the exception will be The Stand. I can see AE going up in value like IT.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I dont think there is any guarantees with these anniversary editions. It depends what the market gets interested in and when. Let's not forget the GE of IT was largely ignored on release as well. Many members here bought multiple copies in the 50% sale at CD. It was only much later that interest grew and prices suddenly spiraled up.

I think the GE of the CD Carrie will remain low for a while - again CD made the 'mistake' of including it in the 50% coupon code and a lot were bought to sell, so the market will be saturated for a while. The AE less so and I expect the final price to end up around $300 when the dust settles. It is a beautiful volume and I cannot wait to have the full set lined up together.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I also want to point out... some people bought every book in the pre-sale offering at $225 per. I am also sure some did to re-sale them. We would be fools to think in the next few years... one of these five books will be priced at that amount. I imagine they will be higher and higher in price as the set goes on. Carrie is one of the smaller books in this collection (the smallest if I am not mistaken). Keep in mind too... Brian is not stupid by any means. He knows what is our there for The Stand, Shinning and Salems'. He is not going to do less of a job... he won't let the CD customers down. I believe the market now to be a touch shaky BUT I would be shocked if we dont see these going for double or more down the road... and not that far down the road.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the going price for a decent copy of The Dead Zone UK first?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Check my answer in the Collecting Questions thread. Is someone offering you a copy? Got pics?

*edit: here is my answer from the other thread:

The UK Dead Zone 1st/1st (with 'M&J Raven' logo on the spine) is extremely prone to sun fading so condition is everything. The title on the spine is often faded to light orange or even yellow, but it should be a deep orange.

A copy with a nice, unfaded, non-priceclipped DJ should go for about $125-150 depending on condition. If priceclipped and/or faded, $50 max. Only if you want it really bad and don't want to wait for a better copy....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What is a reasonable price for The Glass Floor and Reaper's Image in Weird Tales? The prices seem all over the place, from $100 to $250.

edit: Thanks to a member for correcting me via PM. I'm looking for original appearances in SM. Daddy no thinky good without morning coffee.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    What is a reasonable price for The Glass Floor and Reaper's Image in Weird Tales? The prices seem all over the place, from $100 to $250.
    I paid $10 for a fine condition copy with The Glass Floor in August 2013. Since it's a reprint of the story I wouldn't have paid more than that.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Check my answer in the Collecting Questions thread. Is someone offering you a copy? Got pics?

*edit: here is my answer from the other thread:

The UK Dead Zone 1st/1st (with 'M&J Raven' logo on the spine) is extremely prone to sun fading so condition is everything. The title on the spine is often faded to light orange or even yellow, but it should be a deep orange.

A copy with a nice, unfaded, non-priceclipped DJ should go for about $125-150 depending on condition. If priceclipped and/or faded, $50 max. Only if you want it really bad and don't want to wait for a better copy....
    Thanks for the reply! I found a decent looking copy for $107:
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=251805184961
    I wasn't aware of the sun fade problem to the spine, though. So this may be a bit high then?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It does look nice overall but there are better copies out there if you're patient. The title on the spine should be deep orange and personally I'd not settle for less....

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Inner flaps & Spine should match.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 388 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 ... LastLast