Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 387 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 9666

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks to be signed "Steve". Could be worth quite a bit more than a "Stephen" signature.

Alan will pay handsomely for it.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I think I will do 7 different colored tapes for the Misery proof.
    Then you'll be called CD, lol! Just kidding folks.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the information guys.

I will move this to the for sale thread.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looks to be signed "Steve". Could be worth quite a bit more than a "Stephen" signature.

I just looked at the pic of mine (post #21 in my collection thread) and mine looks more like "Stephen".

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Not in that condition, and it is signed "Stephen".

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The ones with the black tape spines are EXTREMELY scarce. I've never see a DTVII with a black tape spine.

John
    Do you know the significance of the black tape?
    I always assumed it was because some publishers do not want their proofs sold pre-publication so they mark them somehow to tell what reviewer broke the rules...?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The ones with the black tape spines are EXTREMELY scarce. I've never see a DTVII with a black tape spine.

John
    I always assumed it was because some publishers do not want their proofs sold pre-publication so they mark them somehow to tell what reviewer broke the rules...?
    I have heard the same before. Can anyone verify it one way or the other?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

John
    That would make sense as to why CD numbered some SOD proofs (a number written with a sharpie on the fore edge). Isn’t Brian Freeman a member here? I wonder if he’d be willing to chime in on this mystery.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

John
    That would make sense as to why CD numbered some SOD proofs (a number written with a sharpie on the fore edge). Isn’t Brian Freeman a member here? I wonder if he’d be willing to chime in on this mystery.
    I've asked Brian that exact question and that was the answer he gave which lead me to that assumption. No confirmation on the black label variants though. Could be for something entirely different....

This begs a question in my mind. The SOD proofs were labeled with different numbers, is each one a variant?

This conversation will probably get moved if we continue....

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one of the black tape DT variants. To me, the proofs are identical apart from the black tape. However, I have a white tape version of another proof and paper stock is different between the taped proof and regular proof, and because of that there is a significant difference in thickness. So the white tape (and possibly black tape ) may mean a different printing, ?? after corrections.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

John
    I've asked Brian that exact question and that was the answer he gave which lead me to that assumption. No confirmation on the black label variants though. Could be for something entirely different....

This begs a question in my mind. The SOD proofs were labeled with different numbers, is each one a variant?

This conversation will probably get moved if we continue....
    Good question. I wonder if it was you who told me about the numbers. A month or so ago I was trying to sell my SOD proof and someone interested asked about the numbers, then said he asked CD to confirm they were written by them.

I’m new here, do we generally let an admin move the conversation or is it on us to create a new thread?

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have one of the black tape DT variants.
    Man, you really are the master of proofs. Are the taped proofs you have pictured in your collection thread?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have one of the black tape DT variants.
    Man, you really are the master of proofs. Are the taped proofs you have pictured in your collection thread?
    Not yet.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Any opinions on the value of the sold out but yet to be released Gwendys Button Box S/L?
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What’s the value of the orange wrapped Danse Macabre proof in NF condition?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Those are quite scarce. I can't remember what I paid for my copy (and what I sold it for) but $1,000 wouldn't be out of the question. Also, most copies of this proof are covered in writing for some reason so a copy without writing would fetch a lot more. This is an example from Gerald's store (listed at $1,150) that is also written all over:

I think I've only seen once copy that wasn't written on.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid a little more than $410 for my VG copy in 2005. See post #23 in my collections thread. It also has the writing on it, but not as much as the copy above. I've never seen a copy without the writing. I also have a F&G (Folded and Gathered) I got for $500 in 2010 from Betts.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I sold my VG+ one for $240

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid $350 for my VG+ copy with annotations throughout, in 2016.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's less than I thought. As I said, I can't remember what I paid for mine or sold it for but I think it was more than that... but my guesstimate of its market value seems to be off the mark...

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. I had seen a NF copy for sale yesterday for $350, which is why I was asking. But it’s gone now. Sounds like it was a fair price.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. I had seen a NF copy for sale yesterday for $350, which is why I was asking. But it’s gone now. Sounds like it was a fair price.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

You don’t see that proof up for sale very often. Mine doesn’t have any writing on the outside, only the inside.

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

That's hard to beat, Paul...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Burt Reynolds is a Stephen King fan?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 387 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 ... LastLast