Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 388 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Interesting. I'm pretty sure that it isn't legit but we can agree to disagree. I don't have any info on where either of mine were signed.
    Supposedly at a "Ban the Book" week program in Virginia Beach, VA where King spoke. Im pretty confident its legit. I'm trying to find out if it was a signing there or King just signing at random.

NOTE: corrected the event name "burn the book" to "ban the book"

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One could spend quite a bit of time comparing. I think all three images I have seen (two by Bob, and one by Killbourne) are legit.
    This is where it gets very difficult.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think it's legit too, why do you think it's a fake Bob, a feeling or a few telling signs. I'm always ready to learn from a master

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I still think it's legit too, why do you think it's a fake Bob, a feeling or a few telling signs.
    To me it just doesn't have the "feel" of a 1986 signature. The "ing" in King seems all wrong for the time period and looks more like his more recent rushed signatures. The "g" is really off. Compare the "g" to the examples I provided and I think you will see what I mean. Still, just one man's opinion.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think it's legit too, why do you think it's a fake Bob, a feeling or a few telling signs.
    To me it just doesn't have the "feel" of a 1986 signature. The "ing" in King seems all wrong for the time period and looks more like his more recent rushed signatures. The "g" is really off. Compare the "g" to the examples I provided and I think you will see what I mean. Still, just one man's opinion.
    I can definitely see where you're coming from, now i don't know what i think!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Haven't been here for some time because life has thrown me a few backwards sliders...and I never could hit them well in the first place! Feels good to be back -- even if it's a baby step back.

I do not think this signature is legitimate. The huge King swirl does not appear to have the same symmetry I'm used to seeing. The "g" appears to be too scrunched to be legit. The "i" is not dotted the way it should be -- if at all. The "ing" appears to be scrunched in a manner similar to current hurried or lazy signatures. The 2nd "2" does not look the way it should to me. Taken together, I would be leery of this being a legit signature. I know I don't have the street cred that many here do have, I offer the preceding IMHO.

FWIW, I hope that the signature is proven to be 100% legitimate! If it is legit and in F/F condition, you are looking at a book worth north of $700. Because of the book's popularity and scarcity in this condition (and signed in YOP), there just aren't many out there. In fact, $700 might be a bargain! Anyway, good luck.

I am having pictures taken of my current inventory. I hope to have that completed by 1 June 2013. Maybe I will gain a bit of cred once I stop talking and start posting. Lastly, this is a great website and the owners and other folks who run it should feel very proud of what they've built here. Sincere Kudos and thank you.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hearts In Atlantis Playing Cards, sealed. I have an extra that I want to sell.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can definitely see where you're coming from, now i don't know what i think!
    Since my last post about the signature, I have been in contact with a member that was actually at the event. The information tht the seller has provided has been confirmed by the member. The other member will compare the signature from this book to his. One thing that does make sense to maybe why the King is not perfect is because the books were pre-signed...which explains the sloopy g, because he could have been getting tired of signing..we have seen variations before because of such an event.

Country
    Country Flag

I believe the image is from Randall flag, so, I need to give him credit for the following picture that is available in the Gallery.

Looking at the 1996 DTIV wizard and Glass..that actually comes from Grants' signed/limited, we see an example of a KING signature that is not 100% of what we expect to see..especially in the way he ended with his "g", as well as the missing "i" in KING...oh, and no dot in KING as well.
    Also, wanted to note that the seller sent word today that she found some old clippings and two ticket stubs from the event that he/she is going to mail to me very soon. I also would like to extend my gratitude towards the seller for answering all my questions in depth and without hesitation. He/she has been a very graceful person the whole time. The seller has been with the bookseller since 1999 with only about 15 feedbacks, and no feedback in regards to selling. I also asked if this person was going to have anymore KING signed books, they said "no" this was their only one.
    So, even after the feedback from the other member that was at the event that verified the details that the seller provided me in the means that she came about the book. Even before I posted the picture here, and started to probe more into the history of the book, I thought it was legit(I questioned the g in king as well at first). Now, throw in all the other stuff, and make your own judgement. I believe that what we got here is an opportunity to expand our knowledge of KINGS' signature.

Country
    Country Flag

^ its late, I hope that made some sense.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe the image is from Randall flag, so, I need to give him credit for the following picture that is available in the Gallery.
    Yes that is an image I created. Amazing what you can find when you poke around the site.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

killbourne--that is a 100% legit signature. Put Bob's two signatures next to killbourne's and there's about 10 different points where they match. It's obvious.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Yes that is an image I created. Amazing what you can find when you poke around the site.
    Well, I found about 3 slides that were pretty amazing. This was only one of them. Alot of useful info here...if you invest.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    killbourne--that is a 100% legit signature. Put Bob's two signatures next to killbourne's and there's about 10 different points where they match. It's obvious.
    Well, thats my opinion as well. I was also contacted by another member(thats two that has a book from the event) today, and he agreed that it was legit as well.

I did see that sgc1999 has a signed firestarted from 1980 that had a strange long "g". THe auction ends today.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I found about 3 slides that were pretty amazing. This was only one of them. Alot of useful info here...if you invest.
    It doesn't cost money, only time.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Seems like Im going to be in the minority on this but I dont like it. They may be providing provenance which is great but doesnt prove he signed this particular book at that event, only proves they attended the event. My problem with this signature is that it looks too careful and not a free flowing signature or date. The date especially seems to have been done slowly and carefully, perhaps traced. I had this thought when I first looked at the signature before reading any opinions. Not an expert - Just my 2 cents and probably not even worth that but thot I would at least voice my concern.

reality continues to ruin my life

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Would a sun faded cycle of the werewolf be worth about 67 dollars? I have a chance to get a land of enchantment cycle of the werewolf trade - but dont want to overpay

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Would a sun faded cycle of the werewolf be worth about 67 dollars? I have a chance to get a land of enchantment cycle of the werewolf trade - but dont want to overpay
    That sounds close. I have a less than perfect copy, (and a rather nice copy). If you want to "flip" the copy it likely will be tough to make a profit.
    If you want it for your own collection, you will face the possibility (probabliity) that you will want to replace it.
    That being said, "Legacy" copies need to be preserved. New topic comes to mind.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I really want one for my own collection since I don't have one

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really want one for my own collection since I don't have one
    PM me.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Why buy less then fine in the first place?(YOU WILL JUST WANT TO REPLACE IT LATER)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, last deck of cards I saw went for 15 bucks.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    Hearts In Atlantis Playing Cards, sealed. I have an extra that I want to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Shannon, last deck of cards I saw went for 15 bucks.
    One just sold on ebay for $17.50 this week (still sealed).

LINK
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Why buy less then fine in the first place?(YOU WILL JUST WANT TO REPLACE IT LATER)
    Honestly, when I finally buy a copy of that book it will be one that the DJ is already faded/messed up, due to the fact I want to display the book and if I were to get a F/F one I would always be worried about how it was displayed and if the cover were fading due to lighting, for me this is one DJ I want in just good condition. Just the way I am.
    Christine

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Is this a good price:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....L:COSI:CA:1123

It would look nice on the shelf. There seems to be no major issues with it on the outside. With all the flaws, is this book worth $230? Keep in mind, it would go to someone who would possibly never drop 800-900 on it in fine condition. Financially impossible. It's either this or a kidney.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 388 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast