Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 387 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 9666

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Burt Hatlen probably?

Especially that since in the foreword is written :
    "During that class, an English professor at the University of Maine, Burton Hatlen, came in to lecture one day on Stoker's Dracula, and you will find that his insightful thoughts on horror as a potent part of a myth-pool in which we all bathe communally also form a part of this book's spine. So, thanks, Burt."
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I paid a little more than $410 for my VG copy in 2005. See post #23 in my collections thread. It also has the writing on it, but not as much as the copy above. I've never seen a copy without the writing. I also have a F&G (Folded and Gathered) I got for $500 in 2010 from Betts.

John
    Ok, I don't collect proofs, so I am curious about the writing. For collecting proofs is it preferable to have clean copies or written on copies? If I collected them, I think I would prefer the written on ones, as this shows it was part of the editing process. I have always wondered about this.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Burt Reynolds is a Stephen King fan?
    His wig is a copy of Kings hair from 1973.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Burt Reynolds is a Stephen King fan?
    His wig is a copy of Kings hair from 1973.
    I knew it!
    You know, I read his autobiography, and I enjoyed it very much. Go Smokey! No wait, he was the Bandit. Go Jackie Gleason!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    What’s the value of the orange wrapped Danse Macabre proof in NF condition?
    Those are quite scarce. I can't remember what I paid for my copy (and what I sold it for) but $1,000 wouldn't be out of the question. Also, most copies of this proof are covered in writing for some reason so a copy without writing would fetch a lot more. This is an example from Gerald's store (listed at $1,150) that is also written all over:

I think I've only seen once copy that wasn't written on.
    This conversation made me go look as was sure I had one. Found my very clean NF copy has one line written across very bottom, "plus 22 black and white photos".
    Made me think this might be good thing to carry when I spend time hunting Mr. King to sign something.
    When I opened, I found had already been signed. Good to dig out some old things when the curiosity arises from conversations here.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I kick myself now that I diidn't take the one Currey had. (ouch!)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Current Market Value of LIKE NEW EOTD US First Edition?
    Current Market Value of LIKE NEW EOTD Viking Proof?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Current Market Value of LIKE NEW EOTD US First Edition?
    Current Market Value of LIKE NEW EOTD Viking Proof?
    Betts sales:

Eyes of the Dragon US Proof Viking 1987; olive green wraps, crease slight soiling - Very Good - $59
    Eyes of the Dragon Proof NF- cover crease, small stain to pageblock - $99
    Eyes of the Dragon Proof - NF+ modest overall wear - $150
    Eyes of the Dragon Proof Viking Galley Proof - Fine - $150
    Eyes of the Dragon Proof Viking proof - olive wraps Fine with with Good proof dust jacket - $175

All the Betts EOTD 1st editions were signed.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Current market value for a S/L Legacies ?
    +
    The book of the Dead S/L ???

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

+
    Book of the Dead S/L - $275-$325

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

The Long Walk, First Canada Printing, NF

Because I’m a newbie, here’s a picture of the copyright page in case I’m mistaken about it being the Canada edition.

Spoiler:
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

I have one of those in just about perfect condition. I think I paid about $75 for it.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I have one of those in just about perfect condition. I think I paid about $75 for it.
    Great thanks. Thinking about selling mine so I don’t find a way to convince myself I need the other three Canada editions.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Value on the Gunslinger Audio Tapes S/L / 800? Two have sold on eBay for $210 and $215 (both sealed), but they went very quickly I think. I wonder whether these were undervalued?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Value on the Gunslinger Audio Tapes S/L / 800? Two have sold on eBay for $210 and $215 (both sealed), but they went very quickly I think. I wonder whether these were undervalued?
    No. They were underpriced.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    No. They were underpriced.
    Right. And any estimation of an appropriate price reflecting its current value?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$350 for Fine condition, however as evidenced, a deal can be had. The buyer must be very patient (yet quick to pull the trigger) to find one for less than $275.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $350 for Fine condition
    Great, cheers RF...

My Mood
    Chatty

Trying to figure out a reasonable offer for a second state Salem’s Lot, considering the condition and there’s a stamp on the front inside board that says, “Doubleday Employee Book Sale”

The rest of the pictures:

Spoiler:

Thank you!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

In response to Father Cody,

The stamp itself is desirable to some if its authentic.
    The writing in the book significantly devalues and the jacket is really pretty rough.
    Hows the spine look, any damage to it or the corners?

The real question.. would you be happy?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Trying to figure out a reasonable offer for a second state Salem’s Lot, considering the condition and there’s a stamp on the front inside board that says, “Doubleday Employee Book Sale”

The rest of the pictures:

Spoiler:

Thank you!
    Fannie Fox!
    Gotta love it.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    In response to Father Cody,

The stamp itself is desirable to some if its authentic.
    Thanks. I was wondering if this might be attractive to collectors. I wonder if the name written is the employee. I assume that would also make it a unique item.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    Fannie Fox!
    Gotta love it.
    Haha I didn’t even read the name. That is funny.

Sent from Tapatalk

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    +
    Book of the Dead S/L - $275-$325
    I have one on ebay now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222939552450

Happy to give a 13% discount if you buy direct and pay F&F.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a lead on a Near Fine copy of The Long Walk NAL for $140. Does that fall within market value?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 387 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 ... LastLast