Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 388 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Well it sure makes it easier if you are rich........but collecting is not about just buying a collection.

It's like hunting in a way......searching for that perfect spot, positioning yourself just right, and knowing when to pull the trigger.

For what it is worth...I found a S/L Gunslinger for $2800 about 5 years ago.......yes the exception not the rule.......but those exceptions are what makes the hobby fun.
    Rick,
    You are so spot on it’s crazy... the hunt, the shot, warm steak by fireplace afterwards, crazy fun. 😀

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    If a matching numbered Dark Tower Set fetches $13,000 - 14,000 it is reasonable to assume that The Gunslinger will command half of that figure. II - VII LSOE and TWTTKH same number will be about $7,000 with the correct Gunslinger it doubles. There is always the chance with any copy that it just may be the number to make a set. Thereby because it automatically ties in with so many other books, apart from being on many peoples wish list I think $6,500 - 7,500 would not be considered “over the top”.
    I've been trying to amass a non-matching DT set, and have all but Gunslinger. So this discussion is very relevant to me.

While a matching set can fetch $13K-$14K, a non-matching set is considerably less - I would estimate $10-$11K. Anyone buying the books individually might be completing a matching set, but it's far more likely they are not.

The other books can be found for roughly $4500-$5000 with a little patience. So I think the most you should pay for a GS is $6500. And it would have to be a pretty sterling example to pay that.

Just my 2c.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I did include $6,500 in the price bracket that I stated.
    This considered, why would you want to buy anything other than a fine example?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I did include $6,500 in the price bracket that I stated.
    This considered, why would you want to buy anything other than a fine example?
    Alec, yes, I think we mostly agree. I wasn't arguing with your post as much as using it for context.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

It would appear from previous posts that if you did pay $6,500 for a copy to complete your set, you would have no problem in acquiring the same price in return when you came to sell it. Assuming that the people Kris spoke to were any guide.
    Either way good luck with fulfilling your goal.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    (And if King did ever write another book.........)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

A singed GS is all I need to complete my non-matching set as well. But $6,500 would be way over my limit most likely, so I will have to be content with my first ed GS.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, this discussion is about to be tested. There is a copy on Ebay now with a starting bid of $6500, and BIN of $8450. Will be interesting to see if it sells and for how much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/183910827634?ul_noapp=true

EDIT: is this anyone here? Did this discussion influence the price?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

And there is another one with just a BIN of $7,500
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...75.c100623.m-1

Man these are pricey, at least for me.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    And there is another one with just a BIN of $7,500
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...75.c100623.m-1

Man these are pricey, at least for me.
    He will take $6000. I talked to him the other day. BUT jacket is not FINE and he wants to do off Ebay.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Well, this discussion is about to be tested. There is a copy on Ebay now with a starting bid of $6500, and BIN of $8450. Will be interesting to see if it sells and for how much.

My guess is this discussion effected the asking price. Betts has been listing these books for $5500. Just about a month ago!

I defer to Alec on pricing, but I could never afford a $6000 price tag!

In another query, I would like to know how much a signed lettered Carrie would be worth?10k? More? Seems that there have not been many resold!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

My guess is this discussion effected the asking price. Betts has been listing these books for $5500. Just about a month ago!

I defer to Alec on pricing, but I could never afford a $6000 price tag!

In another query, I would like to know how much a signed lettered Carrie would be worth?10k? More? Seems that there have not been many resold!
    Betts has not had a S/L Slinger for awhile. I have been watching (yes he would be the 5-5500 tag though). And $10K on Carrie? One sat on Ebay at that for a long time. I know of a few sales and they were $4000,4500 and just one this spring at $5000. I would not much more for one and I want one.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for these and want to be fair
    Current values on:
    Carrie first
    Salem's first (2nd or 3rd state)

Please and thank you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Current values on:
    Carrie first

Please and thank you.
    I JUST sold a signed (70's) Carrie not 3 days ago!!! UGGGGG.... It went for about $1750 and was NEAR FINE with a perfect jacket.. but and there is a BUT it had a 2" separation / break in the pastedowns at the spine in the back.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Current values on:
    Carrie first

Please and thank you.
    I JUST sold a signed (70's) Carrie not 3 days ago!!! UGGGGG.... It went for about $1750 and was NEAR FINE with a perfect jacket.. but and there is a BUT it had a 2" separation / break in the pastedowns at the spine in the back.
    These can be unsigned! But dammit, that would have been a good one to get!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinking of selling a few items..
    Does anyone happen to know the current market value of the following SK signed items:

The very best of best new horror (S/L)
    Fifty-to-One SK signed ed of the (S/L) traycased (fundraiser)
    Gauntlet 2 (S/L)
    The Stand (S/L) coffin box ed.

Also have:

Artist signed SOS & TDOTT fine as new.
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Thinking of selling a few items..
    Does anyone happen to know the current market value of the following SK signed items:

The very best of best new horror (S/L)
    Fifty-to-One SK signed ed of the (S/L) traycased (fundraiser)
    Gauntlet 2 (S/L)
    The Stand (S/L) coffin box ed.

Also have:

Artist signed SOS & TDOTT fine as new.
    Thanks
    Best new - $400-450
    Fifty to one - $900-1000
    Gauntlet - $200-250
    Stand - $2000-$2300
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's a bit high on the Best New. I'd say $350.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I think that's a bit high on the Best New. I'd say $350.
    I sold one a couple of weeks ago for $400. But yeah perhaps $350-400 is a better range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Best New 4-450
    50-1 : 1k~
    Gauntlet: 250~
    Stand: 2500

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the current value of The Ideal Genuine Man S/L?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I have one for $200 for sale
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What's a fair value for Transgression S/L?
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Last 2 sold at Betts went for: $125, $160

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    What's a fair value for Transgression S/L?
    Betts last 3 sales:
    Transgressions S/L - Fine/Fine - $350
    Transgressions S/L #189; NF+/F; small spine gap on top (bottom is flush with cover); most sell for $300 - $165
    Transgressions S/L #59 (yes signed by King) - F/F - $399

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Last 2 sold at Betts went for: $125, $160
    I’ll sell you it shipped for $175 Brian lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 388 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 ... LastLast