Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 388 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Two questions....
    1. Does this look legit? King signed in passing when running into him so not sitting at a table supposedly.
    2. What is a King signature worth with no 1st/1st wrapped around it? hehehe! Like on a dinner napkin kind of thing?

thanks!!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those fat markers make sig identification so hard to tell sometimes... I'll leave this call to someone with more experience than me. However, my personal experience for non-book signed King items (depending on how "related" the item is to King, his work, or his hobbies) is $50-$100. With a dinner napkin being on the very low side of that, probably.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My personal predilection:

Unless I knew the recipient/witness/seller enough to trust them, I wouldn't pay squat for a signature on an item that was neither a book nor a book-related item.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Two questions....
    1. Does this look legit? King signed in passing when running into him so not sitting at a table supposedly.
    2. What is a King signature worth with no 1st/1st wrapped around it? hehehe! Like on a dinner napkin kind of thing?

thanks!!
    Way too small an image to render a thumbs up on.
    King's signature by itself on a napkin, menu, postcard etc. is worth <$100. Older legitimate signatures on interesting (use your imagination ) items might be more.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Red Sox Program from a baseball game. Kinda cool I think. At least better than a dinner napkin. haha!

You think a King signed Program from a Red Sox game is worth $50? I live in Seattle, so not a huge Sox fan, though I know King is. shrug

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Red Sox Program from a baseball game. Kinda cool I think. At least better than a dinner napkin. haha!

You think a King signed Program from a Red Sox game is worth $50? I live in Seattle, so not a huge Sox fan, though I know King is. shrug
    I don't know, probably. I paid $50 for the signed Hale print and thought I was getting a great deal... so I could see a Sox program signed being worth $50 due to his love for the team.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm... I don't know about that one, Tim. I too thought that the signed Hale print was a great deal. The difference is: when you take out King's sig the Hale print is still a nice piece of art with some inherent monetary value. The Red Sox program without sig? To me, the associational value would be very low.

Was there ever a discussion about the value of King's sig by itself (the 'inky' part), when the substrate on which it was written is of no value itself? There has to be some baseline value, I think. But how much?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Less than $100.

Country
    Country Flag

That's kind of why I figured $50 for a Sox program might be worth it. I assumed we got a good, if not a great deal on the Hale print. A 12x18 art print with minor age yellowing to the edges can't be worth all that much on it's own, I have to assume that most of the value is in King's signature. After all, they offered us the rest of the plates for $7 a piece. If the sig in question were on a piece of notebook paper... then I'd say not. But the admittedly tenuous association of King's favorite team says *something* to me.

Heck, I could be wrong though. I'm still new to judging these kind of things in the last couple of years.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You have a good point there. Maybe the art print is worth less than I'd like to think. Still, $50 for the print means I would pay a lot less for the program because it's something meant to throw away after use (IMO) instead of keeping, framing and appreciating it. But, unlike many others I'm not that interested in having King's signature on anything so I don't think my opinion reflects that of the collecting community as a whole

Traveler Weird Terror 72 is on a distinguished road Weird Terror 72's Avatar

My Mood
    Cold
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to know the current value of a factory sealed first edition of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordan pop up book. Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

Probably not much more than retail, I'd guess.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

They do seem fairly common. I agree with Tim.

John

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

About a year ago, I bought the remaining three copies at my local B&N for $5 a piece.
    Kept 2, and gave one away.

Karl

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree with Michael about the whole King signature thing. If it's on a limited edition book, I want it. But just having King's John Hancock on one of his trade editions means very little to me, unless it was signed in person of course, because he's already signed thousands of different objects, including some books. I fail to see why his signature elevates the price of the books so high. For those who collect them, that's fine, but it really does nothing for me.

On the other hand, when I bought my 1st/1st CARRIE many years ago, I was actually irritated that it was signed by King, because that meant he handled the book and possibly damaged it in some small way ( am I weird or what?). Now though, I'm kind of glad it is signed. So I'm sort of a hypocrite about this, but nobody's perfect!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I've always been a sucker for signatures...Not so much for this signature as such, but more for having met the person-in-question who signed the item.
    Bit off-topic, but I clearly remember waiting for Diana Rigg (The Avengers) way back in the sixties. She was my first...
    Many more followed, from Dustin Hoffman to Sir Alec Guinness.

King's signature only works for me in a signed/limited editions.

sk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signed trade editions, for the most part, are about the memories behind the signature than they are anything else. That doesn't mean I wouldn't purchase a signed King trade edition but rather that that particular edition will have to have some meaning to mean beyond the signature. Either as a first edition for an older volume or maybe a signed edition of the first King book I ever got as a gift. You know, something like that. Or if I find one that is actually inscribed to Sam. That would be cool too.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I clearly remember waiting for Diana Rigg (The Avengers) way back in the sixties. She was my first...

sk
    You lucky dog.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Lucky is right! The only celebrity I ever met was Pat Paulsen, and most people would probably say, "Pat who??"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Pat who??

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Pat who??
    Pat Paulson for President..Wikipedia

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I looked it up right away afterward... I just couldn't resist the obvious follow up to ur2nd's comment.

John F. Kennedy daveblog is on a distinguished road

Default New Member/Collector

Hi

My name is Dave and I have worked in TV at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart for the last 15 years. I have been collecting signed books for at least that long and have only recently started to collect Stephen King signed editions. My first one actually came out of the free pile at work a month or two after he was on our program promoting his book Faithful. I have absolutely no intention of selling it, but am wondering what kind of value a book inscribed to a celebrity is worth.

I was outside of his green room that day and watched as he signed books that members of the staff brought in. As luck would have it i completely neglected to bring one in to get signed. I did get to shake his hand though which was great.

So far I have the signed Little Sisters of Eluria from Grant, the Full Dark No Stars signed from CD and am waiting for my signed limited of Blockade Billy from CD.

I also collect signed books of astronauts, politicians, newsmakers and whatever catches my eye.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess it wasn't worth much to Jon Stewart. It looks like King and O'Nan were on the show that day (12/02/2004).
    It's a cool associated copy-can't tell what condition the book is in, or if it's a 1st/1st.
    If your never going to sell it, then putting a price to it is difficult.

Welcome to the site. This thraed will be merged into the Current Market Value-Experts assess your collectible King item thread in a day or so.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hello and welcome. I've only been visiting The Corner for a year and people here are friendly, knowledgable and drama-free.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 388 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast