Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 388 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's a bad time to sell. You will not get what you might expect. It's a buyer's market for everything at the moment.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

If you're willing to take a loss in a tough market consider trying to sell your other lettered editions that don't have as much sentimental value. However, if The Gunslinger is your favorite book and you have strong ties to the artist you will likely regret letting it go. Easy for someone not in your situation to say but if you can hang in there it will be worth it. I was fortunate enough to get a deluxe version of Centipede's 'Salem's Lot (my personal favorite story) and I can't imagine letting it go. Good luck.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

I agree. Sounds like you should attempt selling the other S/L's first. If The Gunslinger is your favorite, and you have personal ties to it, why sell it first?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, IMO, if one could own only one SK collectible - I think the S/L Gunslinger would be a prime candidate!

I would be interested in what they might be worth at this point though. (...if I saved all year... then maybe....just maybe!)

EDIT: Heres a thought to get close to top dollar - maybe the Whelan's would list it on their website for you?

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone, Im thinking of selling my Castle Rock News. I have 43... June-Nov '85, complete '86, complete '87 missing only June '88 and Jan-Mar '89. They are in the usual condition. No rips or tears. Some have no label while others have a label or resedue. What do you think a fair price would be for the lot? $6-$8 ea?
    Last edited by Chooch; 01-20-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: date
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PlayPhish View Post
    I may be dumping most of my SK collection as I am still trying to find a job and the Credit Card companies aren't liking me very much these days. My car was also pretty-much totaled back in November and I'm going to need to do something about that, as transportation is key for employment. That being said, I have a S/L Dark Tower: Gunslinger that is in pristine condition, with a new dust jacket that I bought from DMG some years ago. It may be possible for me to contact the owner of the remaining numbers in the set. What does everyone think I'm looking at for a price based on the condition of the book and also on the fact that I would be giving someone a complete matched set with its sale?

I'm also most likely going to get rid of some other SK Lettereds, such as Skeleton Crew, Danse Macabre and From a Buick 8. Probably TGWLTG S/L pop-up as well. Maybe Whispers Lettered...who knows. Once I start it all may go. Haven't really followed King collectibles much in a few years so I'm outta the loop. Everything has been packed-away in boxes for a few years now so I don't even remember all that I have. The Plant printers proofs just came to mind too.

No doubt The Gunslinger may be difficult to get rid of I've had it for so long...2 decades I would guess. Being so close with Michael Whelan makes it even more difficult as does the fact that it is my favorite King book period. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I would say you could get $5,000 for the S/L Gunslinger, PARTICULARLY if you had access to an owner that has books II-VII. If the other 6 books are not owned by the same individual, I'd say you might get $4,000 tops.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I would try to sell to the person with the same number first.

I would sell the other books you mentioned first, and save the Gunslinger for last...lettered Skeleton Crew will bring in a lot of money, too.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I would try to sell to the person with the same number first.

I would sell the other books you mentioned first, and save the Gunslinger for last...lettered Skeleton Crew will bring in a lot of money, too.
    Mr. Rabbit Trick just got a Lettered SC for about $3,000.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Can one of you give me an idea of the value of a lettered edition of Whispers...both in today's crappy market and in better times? The book is in excellent (fine) condition and has an additional inscription by Stuart Schiff to whomever the book was originally intended for.

Thanks.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe not the right place, but which book includes (besides PP&T) "The Thing at the bottom of the well"?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Maybe not the right place, but which book includes (besides PP&T) "The Thing at the bottom of the well"?
    People, Places and Things is the only publication.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You sure? (is it what s written in Justin's books?) Cause I thought that only King have PP&T... and MOST of the King stories from PP&T have leaked on the internet (most of them have been republished so it explain that..) but The Thing at the bottom of the well is also circulating, so...???
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless, I'm mistaken it's not published anywhere else. King has the only known copy of PP&T as far as I know, but isn't it possible there's other copies floating around somewhere?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really wonder how if King has the only copy... especially since i doubt that he leaked it himself...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    Can one of you give me an idea of the value of a lettered edition of Whispers...both in today's crappy market and in better times? The book is in excellent (fine) condition and has an additional inscription by Stuart Schiff to whomever the book was originally intended for.

Thanks.
    just bumping this. Sorry, I have no feel for Whispers. Anyone?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I really wonder how if King has the only copy... especially since i doubt that he leaked it himself...
    But King could possibly not have the only copy. He has the only known copy, as far as I know, but isn't it possible at least that some of the other original copies survived?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

In The Shape Under the Sheet, Steve Spignesi says that he managed to get a copy (reproduction, probably) of PPT for Chris Chesley, who he interviewed for that book. I suspect that the bootleg copies in circulation came out of the archives at some point.

"The Hotel at the End of the Road" is the only PPT story that's been legitimately published, I believe.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post

Thanks.
    just bumping this. Sorry, I have no feel for Whispers. Anyone?
    S'ok, thanks for the bump. The only lettered I see on ebay is priced at $1000 which I'm sure is overpriced and waay more than I paid for mine.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    In The Shape Under the Sheet, Steve Spignesi says that he managed to get a copy (reproduction, probably) of PPT for Chris Chesley, who he interviewed for that book. I suspect that the bootleg copies in circulation came out of the archives at some point.

"The Hotel at the End of the Road" is the only PPT story that's been legitimately published, I believe.
    Bev is correct.

King has the ONLY copy of the 1960 1st edition of PP&T. There are many copies of the 1963 2nd edition going around, but 2 stories are missing from it.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, that was my mistake....I meant "The hotel at the end of the road".

I know it was published somewhere else than PP&T but I can't recall which book had it. Anyone?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Market Guide for Young Writers 5th edition has "Hotel". I think the 4th edition also has it, but I don't have a copy of it.

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a set of DT4-DT7 that I want to sell.

Matching numbers under #500.

This set DOES NOT include rights to the new LSOE S/L.

I would like a couple of opinions as to the worth of this set.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

About a year ago I got a 4-7 matched set above 500 for about $2K.

I'd say you could expect about that... give or take say 10% given the lack of LSoE rights, and the tanking market.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I bought IV-VII #464 in Oct-Nov for about $2400 but just seeing that III-VII go for $1500 I wouldn'y expect that much any more, sub 500 or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 388 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast