Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 388 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What is the current market value for a decent/nice 3d state 'Salem's Lot?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    $600

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    $600
    Particularly difficult to find right now. I have been searching for one on behalf of a friend for a while. (needs to have at least a NF dust jacket)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi.

I am looking at selling a spare copy of the UK Advance Uncorrected Proof of The Dark Tower (DT VII) - Limited to 100 copies (but some were rumoured to have been destroyed due to a spelling error of the limitation page, so exactly numbers unknown). It's not in perfect condition (VG or G+) with some edgewear and minor soiling to the page block. The front cover has a couple of creased corners and fingering creases, but the back cover has a couple of major creases to the lower left corner that translates to a much lesser extent to the last thirty or so pages.

A fine copy of the proof would probably be in the region of $600-700, give or take. I haven't seen one for sale for awhile. I was wandering how much the flaws would effect the value. See photographs below.

Thank you

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

My 3rd state is probably less then $600.00 don't you think?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    My 3rd state is probably less then $600.00 don't you think?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I know. Not the best. So maybe $200. But it's when I first started collecting and I did not know much. Hopefully when I find a second state, it will be in better shape.

My Mood
    Cool

What about my Shining first ed. I only have one pic to go by though

Any better. Guess on value by just the DJ or are more pics needed

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spine tells all on that book. We would need to see that

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Spine tells all on that book. We would need to see that
    Thanks
    With the book open or closed or both.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

With the book open or closed or both.
    The DJ is very susceptible to fade of the yellow component of the dye. here are comparisons of NF and Faded:

My Mood
    Cool

OK. Got it. I will take some of the spine and post them.
    Thanks

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    $600
    Particularly difficult to find right now. I have been searching for one on behalf of a friend for a while. (needs to have at least a NF dust jacket)
    Thanks Alan and Simon.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Value on 1st Edition Firestarters complete sets (unread) still in original boxes?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$100

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $100
    I think thats a little low. I would be interested to hear from collectors who have been searching for the 1st prints for a while now as to what they would be willing to pay.

I'm sure Michaël will comment

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would agree. These 1/1 paperbacks are very hard to find. And in the original slipcase makes it more desirable.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. So what would you pay?

Saying more valuable doesn't clarify anything.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. So what would you pay?

Saying more valuable doesn't clarify anything.
    Thats the thing, personally I have no interest, but I know there are those that greatly covet these books. Value would be driven by them.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I own three copies of the 1/1 pb Firestarter--one white, one black and one 1/1 white that has "From the author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on the front cover instead of the usual one that doesn't mention Cujo. I paid about $50 for each a while ago. I don't own the slipcase, however. I'd add another $50-100 for that.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would pay around $200 - $225 for a fine copy in the slipcase.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I own three copies of the 1/1 pb Firestarter--one white, one black and one 1/1 white that has "From the author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on the front cover instead of the usual one that doesn't mention Cujo. I paid about $50 for each a while ago. I don't own the slipcase, however. I'd add another $50-100 for that.

John
    I find the anomaly Firestarter very suspicious in the fact that you state that you bought it from a seller & not finding it on your own...It would be very easy to replace a true 1st edition (not fine) cover with a fine 2nd printing cover.IMHO

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    $100
    I think thats a little low. I would be interested to hear from collectors who have been searching for the 1st prints for a while now as to what they would be willing to pay.

I'm sure Michaël will comment
    Well, I just want a copy because I have Signet 1st printings in very nice condition of the other early titles. I hate it when I’ve got a small chronological collection going on and a title is missing.

That said, I would be happy to pay $50 for a collectible copy with full number line that does not mention Cujo in the blurb. Color doesn’t matter and I’m not looking for a set, slipcase etc. I just need one to fill a hole in that part of my collection.

This is the only way that this book was sold when it was first issued. There was no stand alone Firestarter book sent out to dealers & I assume some dealers did not wish to carry a book set with a book (Dead Zone 7th printing) that was something that would not sell in their stores. Normally this would not make a difference to most 1st edition hardcover collectors but it was discovered later that this paperback had a brand new afterword that was not in the hardcover editions.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Justin's bibliography I read :

C92. “Author’s Note” -
    Appearances:
    1. The Dead Zone, by Stephen King. New York: Viking Press, 30 August 1979, hardcover,

is that it? It says it's in the hardcover, mistake?
    I dont remember reading an afterword for that book...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 388 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 ... LastLast