Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 388 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

My mistake. It is still listed for sale on Currey's website for $15K. I just didn't see it on ABE.

http://www.lwcurrey.com/pages/books/...ant-part-three

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I sold a set for $8K about five years ago that David and I had talked about - so he may be using my set as the frame of reference (yes, I suppose I wish I had waited five years to sell - but I needed the $8K five years ago...haha).

I'm not sure a set like this ever has an established value - that $15K set could sit there for 10 years, or be bought tomorrow. It's so much a case of the right buyer at the right time.

When you get past $10K, the air's too rarified to make any claims with absolute confidence. I mean, why $14K? Hold the line at $20K, or $25K - there's no competition.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So we're still not certain then that a set sold privately for $14K that David knows about? That was my initial impression after reading what he said in the site.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So in the SK collecting world....what is more of a "holy grail"?....a set of The Plant inscribed to the same person, a set of The Plant with matching numbers, or a matching number set of DT 1-9?

It is my understanding that The recipients of The Plant were not given the same number each year, so I would assume it would be more difficult to get matching-number set than a matching inscribed-to-the-same-person set.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, do any members here have either a matching number set or a matching inscribed set?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Also, do any members here have either a matching number set or a matching inscribed set?
    I have a set inscribed to the same person as I know a few other members does as well.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I have a set inscribed to the same person as I know a few other members does as well.
    And are the numbers all different?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

UN-NUMBERED BUT ALL SIGNED TO ME (AFTER THE FACT) & SAME SET #301 & THE GRAIL.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    And are the numbers all different?
    Yes, they are all different. 13, 21 and 36.

I do wonder with the ascending number if this signifies the recipient being higher or lower in King King's favor from one year to the next mailing?.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The set I sold (not to a member here) were to the same person - #71, #71 and #73.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team,
    What are your thoughts on the current value of a third state, first edition Salem's Lot? Lets say the value for a Fine copy and also for a Good copy?

I'm looking at saving for a copy, and just wondering what sort of budget I need to plan for. I would probably settle for less than fine if the price was right, and would appreciate your thoughts on what I should be planning around.

Thank you
    James

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    UN-NUMBERED BUT ALL SIGNED TO ME (AFTER THE FACT) & SAME SET #301 & THE GRAIL.
    Amazing!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

- Roman #'d Six Stories
    - Lettered Doctor Sleep with 3 Remarques

What do you think?

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I bought a lettered Dr. sleep for 2000 with three remarques, When I had to let it go I had a hard time getting 2300
    Not sure on six stories

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not at liberty to disclose too many details on 2 sets of the Plant inscribed to the same person, but I can state this for a FACT....I owned a complete Plant set inscribed to Chris Mogen (King's nanny for his three young children at the time). This set had different numbers for each edition but all were inscribed to Chris. Came with a letter from Stu Tinker stating this set was once owned by the first Supercollector Charlie Fried. I sold that set to another bookseller (who had a ready client overseas) for $13,000 just last week. I also know of a set inscribed to the same person that is going for a HIGHER price...thus I am confident in my statement of $14,000 being the new Plant S/L set level.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I am not at liberty to disclose too many details on 2 sets of the Plant inscribed to the same person, but I can state this for a FACT....I owned a complete Plant set inscribed to Chris Mogen (King's nanny for his three young children at the time). This set had different numbers for each edition but all were inscribed to Chris. Came with a letter from Stu Tinker stating this set was once owned by the first Supercollector Charlie Fried. I sold that set to another bookseller (who had a ready client overseas) for $13,000 just last week. I also know of a set inscribed to the same person that is going for a HIGHER price...thus I am confident in my statement of $14,000 being the new Plant S/L set level.
    Fascinating... thanks David!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So that is just for The Plant and not including EOTD? Wow.
    Thanks for the insights.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any rough idea any of you guys out there how many complete same inscribed sets are out there?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No idea Kris as to how many sets all inscribed to same person. I do know that Steve's list DID change somewhat over that period of The Plant so some people got book 1 and 2 but NOT three.

And did you know there were Lettered Plant copies? Am 99.9% certain at least one member here has a set of Lettered editions. I've necer even seen pictures of Lettered ones myself but am super curious.

Finally....I have been a long-time fan of the Ramones, a band that King liked as well and quoted lyrics in several books....I have a Plant I inscribed to Marky Ramone...I've always wondered if the band members each got a copy inscribed to them and if they received all 3 copies. Man, I would just die for a copy inscribed to Joey Ramone, the band leader (now deceased)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

And did you know there were Lettered Plant copies? Am 99.9% certain at least one member here has a set of Lettered editions. I've necer even seen pictures of Lettered ones myself but am super curious.
    You can be 100% certain.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics or it didn't happen

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Oh, it happened...
    Pics would simply be a bonus.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok here is The Plant lettered 'A'

Spoiler:
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha ha! Very good!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

You can be 100% certain.
    Yeah well, I didn't want to call you out by name Bob...BUT WE ALL KNEW!!! LOL. Your call but even one picture of a Letter would be pretty cool although I assume it "looks" no different than a S/L copy...am I wrong?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 388 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast