Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 387 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 331 381 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 9666

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    You got a steal, last one I saw for sale was 400.00 it's pretty rare.
    For Sale and Sold are two different things. Did it sell for $400?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen one of those prints for sale anywhere for years, It's worth a lot more than 50.00 it was printed long before the 1/500 prints Whelan is still selling. Kris is wrong on this one.
    Put that up for $400 and see if it sells... not a chance old or not. Sorry Dave, I cannot agree with you. I would say your off. People asking $400 for a print is a lot different that getting $400 for it. Perhaps
    Throw it up on eBay for auction? Might be a good way to determine value... the HF just sold '19' and it sure didn't fetch that kind of money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Would letter A of a lettered edition see the same type of premium that number 1 of a numbered edition would hold? I know that many don't care about numbers but it seems that a few numbers do carry a premium.

Just curious.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Would letter A of a lettered edition see the same type of premium that number 1 of a numbered edition would hold? I know that many don't care about numbers but it seems that a few numbers do carry a premium.

Just curious.
    More.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I haven't seen one of those prints for sale anywhere for years, It's worth a lot more than 50.00 it was printed long before the 1/500 prints Whelan is still selling. Kris is wrong on this one.
    Put that up for $400 and see if it sells... not a chance old or not. Sorry Dave, I cannot agree with you. I would say your off. People asking $400 for a print is a lot different that getting $400 for it. Perhaps
    Throw it up on eBay for auction? Might be a good way to determine value... the HF just sold '19' and it sure didn't fetch that kind of money!

Since you are the one who said it was worth no more that 50.00 show me a sale? About 4 years ago here someone on the websire was looking for one of theses prints and could not find one for any price. I cannot remember what I paid for mine but it was at least 350.00 10 years ago from a seller well known here.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Since you are the one who said it was worth no more that 50.00 show me a sale? About 4 years ago here someone on the websire was looking for one of theses prints and could not find one for any price. I cannot remember what I paid for mine but it was at least 350.00 10 years ago from a seller well known here.
    I meant no disrespect... it's just that times are different now maybe? A friend just bought an original from IT from Wells for less than $400.... but this is worth more? I just don't believe that to be the case. Framed I would say over a hundred and he did ok. $400? I think most would rather pick up a signed limited. Just how I feel and if he gets that kind of money for it... good for him and I have been proven wrong haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I meant no disrespect... it's just that times are different now maybe? A friend just bought an original from IT from Wells for less than $400.... but this is worth more? I just don't believe that to be the case. Framed I would say over a hundred and he did ok. $400? I think most would rather pick up a signed limited. Just how I feel and if he gets that kind of money for it... good for him and I have been proven wrong haha

I have no problem with you thinking it's not worth anything to you, but you sated it as if it was fact and you were the expert. It is pretty rare and shows up very seldom, I personally have never seen one on Ebay so I believe it is worth more.

Country
    Country Flag

I have no problem with you thinking it's not worth anything to you, but you sated it as if it was fact and you were the expert. It is pretty rare and shows up very seldom, I personally have never seen one on Ebay so I believe it is worth more.
    I stated only my opinion Dave... nothing more or less. I claim to be no expert at anything either.... but I'll never agree that this print is worth that kind of money. Sorry Mate

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

F/F (nicest copy I've ever seen), 2nd Gunslinger?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Mine is like the day it was made RF and I paid $275 and it is whelan signed if that helps. It was 2 years ago though my man

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

In September 2016 I sold one for $365 on ebay. It was a beauty that I found on consignment for $50.

My buyer said it was TOO NICE...actually suggested that I had made the DJ using copy equipment.

It went unsold for a couple of weeks before somebody pulled the trigger.....so I was on the high end, but not unreasonable.

EDIT....FOUND THE EMAIL:

Hello, I have received the my book today and have taken a close look at it. I have some concerns regarding the authenticity of the book cover and the general book's condition.

Since you are the owner of the book can you answer some questions for me. 1. What is history of this rare book (i.e., where you purchased it, how long have your owned it?) 2. Did you replace the dust jacket from another book? Any chance this is a litho reproduction and not an original? I only say this because the dust jacket's condition is practically flawless which is very rare for a book of its age.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

My buyer said it was TOO NICE.

"I only say this because the dust jacket's condition is practically flawless which is very rare for a book of its age."
    We should all have such problems!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    In September 2016 I sold one for $365 on ebay. It was a beauty that I found on consignment for $50.

My buyer said it was TOO NICE...actually suggested that I had made the DJ using copy equipment.

It went unsold for a couple of weeks before somebody pulled the trigger.....so I was on the high end, but not unreasonable.

EDIT....FOUND THE EMAIL:

Hello, I have received the my book today and have taken a close look at it. I have some concerns regarding the authenticity of the book cover and the general book's condition.

Since you are the owner of the book can you answer some questions for me. 1. What is history of this rare book (i.e., where you purchased it, how long have your owned it?) 2. Did you replace the dust jacket from another book? Any chance this is a litho reproduction and not an original? I only say this because the dust jacket's condition is practically flawless which is very rare for a book of its age.

Ok. So how much do you want for these perfect litho DJ's?
    If the price is right, I'm in...

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Might be able to acquire a S/L EoD for 550 shipped. What say you? Good price, go for it? Seems like a good deal based on what I've been seeing lately.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Might be able to acquire a S/L EoD for 550 shipped. What say you? Good price, go for it? Seems like a good deal based on what I've been seeing lately.
    If it's in fine condition, that is a good price. The slipcase and occasionally the book are prone to abrasion wear as they are shelved/unshelved.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stated fine condition and the pictures looked good. I pulled the trigger hoping not to be surprised. Fingers crossed.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

1st & 2nd editions (old new stock)

Spoiler:
    OLD FOOL PRICE...
    Spoiler:
    $15.00 each
    Spoiler:
    NFS

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi Team,
    Just curious as to value of a signed limited edition print of The Gunglinger by Michael Whelan. 1/395 copies.
    Thanks

I will weigh in here....I've owned this S/L print for a LONG time. Mine is #217 and I bought it from Rand Torman (one of the original Supercollectors, with Charlie F etc) maybe 10 years ago for $500 (it is framed) . That is likely a little rich even in today's market but I peg the value at no less than $400. If I got one of these to sell at Betts, I think I would have no problem selling it for $400.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi Team,
    Just curious as to value of a signed limited edition print of The Gunglinger by Michael Whelan. 1/395 copies.
    Thanks

I will weigh in here....I've owned this S/L print for a LONG time. Mine is #217 and I bought it from Rand Torman (one of the original Supercollectors, with Charlie F etc) maybe 10 years ago for $500 (it is framed) . That is likely a little rich even in today's market but I peg the value at no less than $400. If I got one of these to sell at Betts, I think I would have no problem selling it for $400.
    Hi David. As always, you're a star! Thank you for your input. Cheers.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi All,

I've got a couple of the S/L Stand Coffin (Bible) editions, and might be looking to sell one on. It's a low number (42), complete with the original shipping box from Doubleday. The Coffin and Book are in Fine condition, and the glassine wrapper is present.

The only issue is that someone has put stickers on the shipping box explaining what it is and who it's signed by, etc. I'm sure it doesn't deter from the value, but I am curious as to other peoples opinions. If I decide to sell it, I will try on here first before heading to Ebay, in case one of you lot is interested. I can provide pictures if people want,

Thank you all in advance for your kind appraisals.
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    Hi All,

I've got a couple of the S/L Stand Coffin (Bible) editions, and might be looking to sell one on. It's a low number (42), complete with the original shipping box from Doubleday. The Coffin and Book are in Fine condition, and the glassine wrapper is present.

The only issue is that someone has put stickers on the shipping box explaining what it is and who it's signed by, etc. I'm sure it doesn't deter from the value, but I am curious as to other peoples opinions. If I decide to sell it, I will try on here first before heading to Ebay, in case one of you lot is interested. I can provide pictures if people want,

Thank you all in advance for your kind appraisals.
    I can't imagine why that would affect value. I, personally, hold zero value in shipping boxes being present anyways. I would say the book is worth the going rate for a Stand S/L which is around $2k or so if I'm not mistaken.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One sold on eBay a couple of months back, in Fine condition, with Shipping Box, for $2,000....

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you both for your kind opinions
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the value of a F/F 1st edition Danse Macabre?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    What's the value of a F/F 1st edition Danse Macabre?
    TOUGH to find in F/F Condition....I'd pay $80-$100.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 387 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 331 381 ... LastLast