Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 388 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I would not buy a copy with a book plate - to me it's a dealbreaker.

Agreed, only bookplates I have are the signed limited uk books.
    That is how I feel too. I don't buy books with bookplates, previous owner signatures or price-clipped dust jackets. I've had them all in the past and find that I immediately tried to upgrade or get rid of them completely. My advice is to not settle on a lower end copy if it fits your budget to save up for a while longer and get a book that you will truly enjoy having in your collection for a long time.
    Bookplates, owner signatures and price-clipping are all passé concepts.

I don't buy recent author's books with them. However I do have older/antiquarian books with them.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I would not buy a copy with a book plate - to me it's a dealbreaker.

Agreed, only bookplates I have are the signed limited uk books.
    That is how I feel too. I don't buy books with bookplates, previous owner signatures or price-clipped dust jackets. I've had them all in the past and find that I immediately tried to upgrade or get rid of them completely. My advice is to not settle on a lower end copy if it fits your budget to save up for a while longer and get a book that you will truly enjoy having in your collection for a long time.
    Bookplates, owner signatures and price-clipping are all passé concepts.

I don't buy recent author's books with them. However I do have older/antiquarian books with them.
    I would agree with this. I've got some very early editions of Dracula (i.e. 1897 to 1910, or so) and similar books that have previous owner names written in them that are very important parts of my collection. Some books just don't come up for sale that often and it is even rarer (and exponentially more expensive) to find one in pristine condition.

I would consider 'Salem's Lot to be recent enough though that (unless one was desperate to have a copy immediately) waiting for a cleaner, problem free copy is still the best advice. There are currently many, many copies for sale on multiple internet websites in all conditions. That won't change over the next few months. Also the original poster already has reservations about buying the book because he came here asking if he was doing the right (or wrong) thing.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler zedshead is on a distinguished road

nice information.,.,

Country
    Country Flag

Just to add to the conversation a bit. Some bookplates or signatures could potentially increase the value of a book.

I have an 1840 book of poems that was owned by a more famous writer. I feel that his personally signed "bookplate" increases the book's value in more ways than one. (It isn't really a bookplate. It's a fine handmade paper affixed on one edge with the signature of Eugene Field.)

Copies owned by other famous authors, publishers, editors, actors, producers or directors, to name a few, could potentially add value.

Of course these are the exceptions to the rule. Generally, writing in a book is the equivalent of damaging it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Is the Hodder edition of The Illustrated Salem's Lot tough to find? I recall reading something about it here but now I'm offered one and I can't remember the details.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the Hodder edition of The Illustrated Salem's Lot tough to find? I recall reading something about it here but now I'm offered one and I can't remember the details.
    Steve, I have a local seller who says they have a fine copy of that for sale here in NZ. I can't confirm if it is or not obviously, and they are asking $45nzd for it. Let me know if you interested and I am happy to ask some more questions re condition if you like....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks James. I already took it for an equivalent of 55 New Zealand dollars, so that's not too big of a difference. It is said to be in very fine condition.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No prob. It's a nice edition. I like the cover art more than the U.S. Version. Mind you I don't have the U.S. Version yet....

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

What's a fine first of The Stand worth? I know a few members have sold near fine copies recently.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FINE COPY will fetch $400-$500....

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What would a first edition UK Long Walk in good condition be worth? Thanks

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some insight on a FINE DTIV uncorrected proof still in its shrinkwrap?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Some insight on a FINE DTIV uncorrected proof still in its shrinkwrap?
    Not sure if it helps, but these are the last 2 eBay sales:

3/26/14 - $137.75
    6/16/15 - $179.00

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'd put it at less than $200 if it doesn't include the prints. With the art, I'd say at least $400+.

John

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Sorry to bump this so quickly but I have an opportunity that ends soon, to pick one up for around $53. Is that a good price?

Thank you.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Sorry to bump this so quickly but I have an opportunity that ends soon, to pick one up for around $53. Is that a good price?

Thank you.

condition?? Yes. I will take it if you don't at that price. People are pricing the US editions a lot higher than that.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow HA sold a The Little Sisters of Eluria AE for 350 $ with 5 Internet/mail bidders
    did i miss something ?

My excel says 100-150$

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Price's on HA are insane, I should send in the 2 extra copies I have. I didn't see anything special on them.

Country
    Country Flag

King items are seldom a bargain on HA. They do happen occasionally, but it's more likely that King items will be overpriced.

I find bargains for other authors and antiquarian books on HA though.

It's all about doing your homework and not getting caught up in the excitement of the auction.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Sorry, what is HA?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heritage Auctions??

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is true Brian they (ha.com) have alot of interesting stuff besides book's. There lastest endeavor is precious stones and gems.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

...thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 388 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast