Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 388 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess you are determined to goad someone into outbidding me, huh?

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default LOL!

NO!!! Didn't see you were high bidder. Rooting for you!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good price for a Lettered, but in some ways the inscription will inhibit a buyer (me).

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Good price for a Lettered, but in some ways the inscription will inhibit a buyer (me).
    I was the high bidder. I will be reselling it in the store.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hinchberger View Post
    Yo Everyone! Just happened to catch the listing of Mr. Geyer's remarque in our copies of The Green Mile. Mr. Geyer is a big fan of using "pen" and "pencil" for his signature and remarques. I believe he used a pen for the books, so I could see why it looks similar to the "printed" page. Not that I saw any real question about authenticity, but just the same I would like to comment. Please be rest assured that Mr. Geyer did in fact remarque and sign these exclusively for The Overlook Connection Bookstore. He's been a good friend to the Overlook Connection. We are also selling his lovely lithograph of The Green Mile which is also signed. You can see it here and for DarkTower.Com readers take 10% off with coupon GREENPAL (hit the Redeem button when you check out): http://tinyurl.com/yc4u6c6

If you have any questions, by all means please e-mail me at overlookcn@aol.com I'm always glad to help.

All my best,

Dave

Dave Hinchberger
    Owner, Overlook Connection Bookstore and Press
    Thanks for stopping by, Dave. Please stick around and join in the discussions.

Kind of you to offer TDT.com members a discount on the lithograph.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Does anyone have an idea of what a pair of VF Designer Proofs of The Plant Parts 1 and 2 would go for at this time?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of what a pair of VF Designer Proofs of The Plant Parts 1 and 2 would go for at this time?
    $500 each. The signed ones are worth many times that.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think $500 is a bit low. I'd say in the $600 range, though.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you all remember, Glen Chadbourne did 10 remarques in personal copies of Secretary of Dreams Artist Editions. CD charged customers $175 + $15 shipping. One has been made available to me and I am wondering what people think the market price is for these. The book itself is $75.

Here is the remarque that I have a chance to buy. A Fair price to offer??

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I passed buying one of those from CD because I thought $175 was too much but that is just my personal opinion. I have no idea what it is actually worth but if it was mine I would list it on eBay for $275.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$125 Wholesale, $150+ Retail.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's not worth $175. RF is nearer the mark.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think thats a great remarque ... i bought one at the time from CD and it should arrive next week, i got Glenn to personalise it for me too!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input thus far. It is indeed helpful.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think it's worth the $200 that CD charged...if it were mine, I certainly wouldn't sell it for less...

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Weird house collectible value?

Okay, so I have this house thingamajiggy that I'm not selling, but am just curious what it would be worth?

It's a Cat's Meow collectible house (below) of Stephen King's house (below) in Maine. Cat's Meow does famous houses all over the world evidently. They always have a little black cat which is the creator's cat. Black cat fits in nicely for King's house. hehehe!

I found 2 people selling a different version of King's house for $120 (below), but I can't find this version anywhere and I still can't imagine it's worth that much. Even though my versions looks wayyy closer to accurate imo.

Here is mine...

Here is the other version I saw two people selling (not as good imho...)

Here is Stephen King's Actual House!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so I've been saving for a very long time with the objective of picking-up one of those fancy, asbestos-bound thingies.

I've only seen one copy come to market in a long time, and despite a couple of offers, I just can't quite make it to the asking price. That leaves me in a position where I find myself with more dollars than sense at the moment.

Now, sure, I could put the money on my mortgage or towards my retirement but where's the fun in that?!? So rather than wating for something that may never happen, I find myself entertaining the idea of pursing a few other of the rarer items.

In today's market, what would you offer for a complete set of THE PLANT (all three, to the same recipient)?

What about the 'motorcycle' edition of SKELETON CREW -- what's a reasonable offer with the current market conditions?

Just thinkin' out loud at the moment. Thoughts are always appreciated.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Okay, so I have this house thingamajiggy that I'm not selling, but am just curious what it would be worth?

It's a Cat's Meow collectible house (below) of Stephen King's house (below) in Maine. Cat's Meow does famous houses all over the world evidently. They always have a little black cat which is the creator's cat. Black cat fits in nicely for King's house. hehehe!

I found 2 people selling a different version of King's house for $120 (below), but I can't find this version anywhere and I still can't imagine it's worth that much. Even though my versions looks wayyy closer to accurate imo.

Here is mine...

Here is the other version I saw two people selling (not as good imho...)

Here is Stephen King's Actual House!

Curt,

I have the saem one you have and was wondering what it's worth - also NOT selling it. I don't care for the other one shown!

I also have a Cat's Meow of The Stanley Hotel that I paid $25 for.

My guess is the one you have is worth somehwere between $25 and $50! But that is just a guess! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Default thx CR

Hey! Finally someone with the same one as me. Cool, CRinVa! The other ones have been on EBay forever at $120 and $125, so must be less than that for a value. Unless we have the only 2 ever created and the "maker" passed away right after making the two we have in a fire that burned down the mold and the factory where they were made. (but i don't think that's the case)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm positive I saw one at ebay a couple of months ago, but I can't remember the price.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Cat's Meow houses show up every now and then and range from $50-$130 if I recall. I think the $130 is WAY high, and the $50 is too high for me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Now, sure, I could put the money on my mortgage or towards my retirement but where's the fun in that?!? So rather than wating for something that may never happen, I find myself entertaining the idea of pursing a few other of the rarer items.

In today's market, what would you offer for a complete set of THE PLANT (all three, to the same recipient)?

What about the 'motorcycle' edition of SKELETON CREW -- what's a reasonable offer with the current market conditions?

Just thinkin' out loud at the moment. Thoughts are always appreciated.
    other collectors will help u about pruces, but... Aint the motorcycle edition for THE REGULATORS and not SKELETON CREW?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    other collectors will help u about pruces, but... Aint the motorcycle edition for THE REGULATORS and not SKELETON CREW?
    It is Skeleton Crew that has the "Motorcycle Edition." And the chances of the owner selling it are NIL.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Check+Copy+1+1

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Yea, that's gonna be a tough one to get your hands on. I'd hold out till an Asbestos Firestarter comes available.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think he was mistakenly referring to the lettered edition of SKELETON CREW as the "motorcycle edition." With black leather and a silver zipper it seems an easy mistake to make.

The REAL "motorcycle edition" (so dubbed by Stephen King in his inscription) will probably be for sale someday but not in the near future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 388 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast