Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 388 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Along the Path of the Beam Tree705 will become famous soon enough Tree705's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree705 View Post
    I need one more valued the ABA edition of Thinner.
    I'd say about $100 for it also. They seem relatively common.

John
    Thank John
    Rich DeMars

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ok, Know-it-alls. This one should be obvious, but I'm never much of a speculator or reseller. I usually just accumulate. I can't seem to get a feel for a DT:LSOE, signed & numbered in traycase. However, this is one of those lame duck higher numbers that will never be part of a complete matched set: #913

Drop dead GORGEOUS book, either way.

Ron

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How much is the current Carrie with with a starting price of $4300 US? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm sticking with $250; but if CD auctioned it $1,250.
    HA!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Ok, Know-it-alls. This one should be obvious, but I'm never much of a speculator or reseller. I usually just accumulate. I can't seem to get a feel for a DT:LSOE, signed & numbered in traycase. However, this is one of those lame duck higher numbers that will never be part of a complete matched set: #913

Ron
    $400

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Ron
    This dropped from $950 to $350 overnight when TWTTK was released.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

What would you folks say is a fair price to pay for a Carrie proof?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

About 50% of the price they are usually listed for (most of the ones available have been listed for a loooong time). I purchased my first copy (VG condition) from Betts for $500 and my second (NF, really almost as new) on eBay for $800. That was a great deal and should have been about $1200 I think. They are not that scarce (relatively speaking), especially compared to the proofs of the other early Doubleday books.

By the way, I assume you mean the ARC. A true Carrie proof would easily fetch $15,000 IMO. No one here has ever seen one.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    By the way, I assume you mean the ARC. A true Carrie proof would easily fetch $15,000 IMO. No one here has ever seen one.
    Thanks for the info. Yes I mean the ARC. If anyone has one they are willing to sell at a fair price PM me. By the way, I've always wondered what the difference is between an ARC and a Proof.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mostly a matter of semantics I guess. Proofs are generally a scarcer, earlier and less fancy state of the book while ARCs are closer to a paperback version of the final product. But it's a very blurry distinction.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Mostly a matter of semantics I guess. Proofs are generally a scarcer, earlier and less fancy state of the book while ARCs are closer to a paperback version of the final product. But it's a very blurry distinction.
    Makes sense thanks!

Along the Path of the Beam Tree705 will become famous soon enough Tree705's Avatar

Took me a while but I found it, everything you every want to know about proof and galley sheets and the like.

http://www.lopezbooks.com/catalog/pr/static/?page=1
    Rich DeMars

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tree705 View Post
    Took me a while but I found it, everything you every want to know about proof and galley sheets and the like.

http://www.lopezbooks.com/catalog/pr/static/?page=1

Thanks! I'll give it a read.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

What is the value of a nf/nf Eyes of the Dragon?

Thanks in advance.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Thanks in advance.
    I am going 800 on this one
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Thanks in advance.

S/L? Yeah, $800.....maybe $750.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, should have been clear. A trade us Hardcover 1st/1st.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Two Questions:
    What do you guys think will be worth more once Carrie Lettered is released. Carrie Lettered or Salem's Lot Roman Numeraled?
    Which is more desirable to you guys?

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Two Questions:
    What do you guys think will be worth more once Carrie Lettered is released. Carrie Lettered or Salem's Lot Roman Numeraled?

Country
    Country Flag

I wish we'd already seen some pics of the lettered Carrie. For me, the aesthetics of a limited edition book are very important in determining if I'd ever want to get a copy (I don't collect S/Ls but there are several that I like).

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Two Questions:
    I don't think anyone can answer that until we see what Carrie looks/feels like.

I think almost everyone on here loves all the Salem's Lot editions, except me. I think they are too large.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, should have been clear. A trade us Hardcover 1st/1st.
    $20-$30

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RF.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RF.
    Be warned, you may pay a little more for a really clean copy. The cover damages easily and is prone to shelf wear more than other books. Also make sure you know all the 1st edition markings, there are A LOT of books on eBay that claim to be 1sts but aren't.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Thanks RF.
    Be warned, you may pay a little more for a really clean copy. The cover damages easily and is prone to shelf wear more than other books. Also make sure you know all the 1st edition markings, there are A LOT of books on eBay that claim to be 1sts but aren't.
    Not to mention copies are prone to spine color fade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 388 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast