Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 388 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my copies is an eleventh printing. It has an 11 on the copyright page I'm sure.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I've seen those much later printings. The price on the DJ is higher as well. Just never seen earlier print lines
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Yes I've seen those much later printings. The price on the DJ is higher as well. Just never seen earlier print lines

Yeah it has a price of $15.95 or something on the dustjacket. I think. I can't be arsed to go and look

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I found these two at an extremely reasonable price today ($50 and $25). Not sure what the seller was thinking, but I'm guessing they are worth more than that. Both are US First Printings. Clean blocks. No writing at all, with the exception of a ghost number (previous price?) on the first endpaper corner. Long Walk has a noticeable stain on the back cover that does penetrate to the inside of the back cover, but does not pass onto the last endpaper. Regarding the spines, both could pass for unread or gently read.

Pictures aren't great. Sorry about that. Worth????
    I won the same two books in near fine condition in a single auction on eBay on 1/22/13 for 455.00. I thought that was a good buy for both in this condition.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rage was my first big purchase from David @ Betts for $300. I'm thinking you got a great deal!!! Wish I could find The Long Walk @ that price--it's my only missing Bachman Book!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was looking @ this auction, but was unsure if it was a good price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321092332827...84.m1423.l2649

I looked around quickly, but didn't see any other copies available. Thoughts?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Go to his website and he lets you take 10% off his eBay price.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So I have a question and I think this is the appropriate place. Do you all feel that the recent CD auctions have set a new price standard for some SK books? I saw that Insomnia went for over $200. While it was on auction a few people had mentioned that it was probably worth around $50. Shortly after the CD auction ended someone came to the boards and offered a GE Insomnia for $150, stating it was less than the CD auction and I see one copy on ebay now starting at $150 (maybe the same seller) and now I see one copy of Christine on Ebay asking for a $289 BIN price after the CD auction sold a copy of Christine for $300. Is this just a temporary attempt to cash in or did the CD auctions actually raise the value of these two books?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

No.....one CD auction did not just raise the value of these two books.

One sold on open auction as cheaply as $75 a month ago and it got one bid.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    What would a US Carrie, 1st edition, 2d printing be worth?
    Assuming it's in good condition.

sk
    Very little.
    How do you identify a second printing?
    Good question. I have no idea.
    A member of the Dutch SK website had come across a copy (no idea where) and asked me for its value.
    I have asked him the same thing, but no response yet.

sk

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    What would a US Carrie, 1st edition, 2d printing be worth?
    Assuming it's in good condition.

sk
    IMHO VIRTUALLY WORTHLESS.... There is a reason this COLLECTOR'S magazine is called

Spoiler:
    EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST A PLACEBO PLACE HOLDER.

EVEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS IS CRAP.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The early reprints do not have number lines but the gutter code may help a little - not with establishing the actual printing but at least with putting it on the publisher's timeline. I used to own a copy of 'Salem's Lot with gutter code Q41, which puts it at four weeks after the first printing, probably making it a second or third printing.

Maybe this copy of Carrie has a, say, P9 gutter code? Then you could assume it's a second printing (until someone shows you a copy with a P8 gutter code, of course).

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I was looking @ this auction, but was unsure if it was a good price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321092332827...84.m1423.l2649

I can recommend the seller. I have recently bought a few UK books from Keith and he's a good guy. As WeDealInLead says, he offers 10% off when going direct to his site (sk-books.com) but I would also contact him with an offer, he's usually open to negotiation.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It wouldn't be worthless; the dust jacket would be likely be the same as a first.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Illustrated Masques Lettered .... not sure of the letter but it is not a PC. How much would you pay for a really good deal?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Illustrated Masques Lettered .... not sure of the letter but it is not a PC. How much would you pay for a really good deal?
    Bett's just sold letter TT for $850

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Bett's just sold letter TT for $850
    No that did not go through I heard through the grapefine...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    It wouldn't be worthless; the dust jacket would be likely be the same as a first.
    I have never seen a later printing of Carrie with a dj priced at $5.95. Not saying they don't exist but I have never seen one. I would love to find a nice Carrie dj with $5.95 price on inner flap for a jacketless first edition copy that I have.

Along the Path of the Beam Tree705 will become famous soon enough Tree705's Avatar

Digging through my stuff just found the promotional chapbook for Nightmares and Dreamscapes anyone know if it rare and what it's worth

Thanks
    Rich DeMars

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tree705 View Post
    Digging through my stuff just found the promotional chapbook for Nightmares and Dreamscapes anyone know if it rare and what it's worth

Thanks
    Rich DeMars
    Not much....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

About $15, depending on condition.

Along the Path of the Beam Tree705 will become famous soon enough Tree705's Avatar

Thanks Michael, much more informative then Not much.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I have never seen a later printing of Carrie with a dj priced at $5.95. Not saying they don't exist but I have never seen one. I would love to find a nice Carrie dj with $5.95 price on inner flap for a jacketless first edition copy that I have.
    LIKE I SAID That's why its called FIRSTS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tree705 View Post
    Thanks Michael, much more informative then Not much.
    Welcome to the site. I wasn't being rude. But appreciate your response.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

I can recommend the seller. I have recently bought a few UK books from Keith and he's a good guy. As WeDealInLead says, he offers 10% off when going direct to his site (sk-books.com) but I would also contact him with an offer, he's usually open to negotiation.
    I saw the 10% off thing (because of you guys, I know to look!), so I'll probably see if there's a couple things I can order from him. The endorsement is helpful though. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 388 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast