Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 388 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    This is a fairly unique item, so I doubt I can get a real solid estimate, but anyway:

I have a "printer's proof" of Dark Tower VII. It's actually a looseleaf stack of pages that were used during the proofreading process, so you can see the errors that I noted and let Grant know about - if you crossreference my fixes with the final book you'll be able to confirm a few mistakes that I corrected.

This is obviously the earliest possible version of the book, and any proof of DT VII was fairly rare. The printed pages are dated several months before actual publication. I don't think it was unique at the time (I'm sure I wasn't the only proofreader), but I have never seen another one listed for sale, or even publicized at all.

It's signed by Robert at Grant, and verified as an official proofreading copy.

Any thoughts?
    I'd say between $200 and $400. Just my opinion.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Just one estimate? It's not actually for sale, anyway, but I was curious what people thought - apparently, not much!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Just one estimate? It's not actually for sale, anyway, but I was curious what people thought - apparently, not much!
    I defer to the "Proof King", but all I can say is how impressed I am that you, Rahfa, are a DMG proof reader!!! You are "Da Man"!!!! Congrats!!!! And I mean that most sincerely!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

What would the value be of a UK first of The Stand be? I've seen a couple ranging from $400-$700 depending on condition. Are those pretty accurate prices?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    What would the value be of a UK first of The Stand be? I've seen a couple ranging from $400-$700 depending on condition. Are those pretty accurate prices?
    Yes, that range is correct. Condition is everything.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the value of a Creepshow comic book (both 1st ed and later editions, please)? A local bookstore has one availabe for $20, and I really have no idea of that's a good deal or not. Thanks!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the condition? A first edition Creepshow in NF condition is a very good buy at $20. A later edition somewhat ratty? Not so much.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Dive! The condition was Near Fine. How much do you think a 1st edition in Near Fine would be worth?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True first edition w/ confirmed number line and truly NF, I'd say $40-$50. This book is often found with creases and dog-ears--any of those bring down the value.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m looking to replace my ragged placeholder BCE Salem’s Lot with another copy that will fit my new Dolso case. A first edition 2nd or 3rd state is out of my price range right now. I came across an eBay auction for a VF/VF price-clipped (original $15.95) copy with ‘Z22’ on the last page. The auction price is $45, but that sounds a little high to me. What do you all think would be the approximate value of this book?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$1

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RF. That's what I figured. I supposed I could always make a $1 offer, but it probably wouldn't get me very far.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I’m looking to replace my ragged placeholder BCE Salem’s Lot with another copy that will fit my new Dolso case. A first edition 2nd or 3rd state is out of my price range right now. I came across an eBay auction for a VF/VF price-clipped (original $15.95) copy with ‘Z22’ on the last page. The auction price is $45, but that sounds a little high to me. What do you all think would be the approximate value of this book?
    Trust me. Do yourself a solid. Save money until you can get a 1st edition any state (I got a "Father Cody" for $350) and then fill your case. You'll sleep better in the long run!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I suspect you're right about that, Bill. It's my impatience in wanting to get a 'reasonable' copy to fill my case.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked up a nice BCE copy for my tray case from The Collector for only $20. Better than not having anything in it at all...

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

could someone give me a best estimate at a fair price for a signed limited "book of the dead" in like new condition?
    thank you

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got one a couple weeks ago from eBay for about $275.

John

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any estimates on a PC copy of the Fifty-to-One - Deluxe edition ?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    Any estimates on a PC copy of the Fifty-to-One - Deluxe edition ?
    Issue price was $750 (ouch!). I would say less than $750, BUT; if it was tied to the purchase of a Sub Press S/L (not lettered,)... it could be valuable. I doubt it will be that way, but one never knows.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just got one a couple weeks ago from eBay for about $275.

John
    Thanks

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How much would you pay for Rage in very good condition?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    How much would you pay for Rage in very good condition?
    That's a difficult one, because the price difference is huge depending on condition. Here's the prices at Betts recently:

VG+/NF- 1 bent corner on cover upper right and only small chipping - $180
    NF - bookseller's ink stamp on top of forward page - $100
    VG+ or NF-...small ink stamp inside front cover...some creasing - $300

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I paid $75 for my copy with spine creases, edgewear and a corner of the back cover missing. I think RAGE is all over the place compared to most books (or even the other Bachman PBs).

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the estimate-value of a "Full Dark, no Stars"-manuscript?
    (There's one for sale at a dutch auction-site. I know where it came from; a lottery at the last fanclub-meeting)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Those usually don't go for much over $250 to (maybe) $400. It seems like they should sell for more but I don't think they do. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The thing that makes them less appealing (to me, anyway) is that we never know how many copies were made. For that matter someone could take the item in the picture and make hundreds of copies of it. I think the first picture shows the outside of the box with a label on it which makes it more likely to be authentic. If it were one of King's older, more popular books, like IT or THE STAND, then it might sell for more. I've got some manuscripts in my collection and they reside in a closet because they are difficult to display and don't really look like much when you do display them.

I guess that was one of the last (or maybe THE last) books that Ralph Vicinanza was involved with. He died in Sept. 2010 and FULL DARK, NO STARS was published in November 2010.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 388 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast