Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Love it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty neat, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

The best part about this is the fact he didn’t order new stationary.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    That's great, peri! Was he touring for DTIV?

HBJ
    Great question, I have no idea. I'll see if I can find out...
    I looked into this a bit, and the October date doesn't really line up with anything, specifically.

As Australia gets U.K. editions, neither the Grant edition of W&G (August), or the Plume edition (November) would have been readily available in a Dymocks store in Sydney. The S/L Hodder edition had been published at the same time as the Grant edition, but only 500 copies were done, and again, not readily available in Australia. The Hodder trade paperback wouldn't be published until November, I think - too early for this event.

So I can only think that this was a pre-publication promotional event for W&G for which there were no signings, or King was on holiday in Australia and agreed to do a reading event for the heck of it. Neither possibility seems very likely, to me.

ETA: well, shoot, a bit more Googling, and it turns out, both possibilities are right:

http://www.tabula-rasa.info/StephenKing/KingVisit.html

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, that's really cool, peri. Congratulations!

While I'm not collecting ephemera, here's one I couldn't resist. A postcard from Robert Bloch to Bruce Walker (a Florida artist). I'm not sure how they came in contact with one another, but they regularly corresponded since the 1970s, I'm told (their correspondence is held in the Indiana University). In this postcard Bloch appears to be in a deeply reflective mood as his own health preoccupies him. The postage stamp is Jan 19, 1991, three years before his death.

“If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's great, peri! Was he touring for DTIV?

HBJ
    Great question, I have no idea. I'll see if I can find out...
    I looked into this a bit, and the October date doesn't really line up with anything, specifically.

As Australia gets U.K. editions, neither the Grant edition of W&G (August), or the Plume edition (November) would have been readily available in a Dymocks store in Sydney. The S/L Hodder edition had been published at the same time as the Grant edition, but only 500 copies were done, and again, not readily available in Australia. The Hodder trade paperback wouldn't be published until November, I think - too early for this event.

So I can only think that this was a pre-publication promotional event for W&G for which there were no signings, or King was on holiday in Australia and agreed to do a reading event for the heck of it. Neither possibility seems very likely, to me.

ETA: well, shoot, a bit more Googling, and it turns out, both possibilities are right:

http://www.tabula-rasa.info/StephenKing/KingVisit.html

HBJ
    Wow, Peter. Thanks for doing all of that. You were right on the money!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's really cool, peri. Congratulations!

While I'm not collecting ephemera, here's one I couldn't resist. A postcard from Robert Bloch to Bruce Walker (a Florida artist). I'm not sure how they came in contact with one another, but they regularly corresponded since the 1970s, I'm told (their correspondence is held in the Indiana University). In this postcard Bloch appears to be in a deeply reflective mood as his own health preoccupies him. The postage stamp is Jan 19, 1991, three years before his death.

Thanks, Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Love it!
    Cheers, Steve. I thought you'd like this one. Your amazing Bloch posts of late prompted me to see what i had laying around that I hadn't listed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's pretty neat, Peri!
    Cheers, buddy...

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    The best part about this is the fact he didn’t order new stationary.
    Hahaa... Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    #NEWLEVEL

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Bloch postcard is awesome!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Is this a hunting accident about to happen?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Had this for while, purchased from a legendary fellow member here.

Tales From The Nightside by Charles L. Grant. US 1st published by Arkham House, in flawless, unread condition. Although there are surely others, it's the only copy I've seen that is signed both by Grant and King, at his introduction.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Peri!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing brother... well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That looks incredibly cool. Congrats.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!! Great catch on that one

Fantastic book, peri. If it's not unique it must be awfully close. Really great stuff. Congrats.

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice, Peri!
    Thanks, man!

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Amazing brother... well done!
    Cheers, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That looks incredibly cool. Congrats.
    Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Awesome!! Great catch on that one
    Thanks, lotuz!

Fantastic book, peri. If it's not unique it must be awfully close. Really great stuff. Congrats.
    Thanks, Peter. Since posting it, I got a message from another big collector who showed me that there are at two double-signed!

Traveler TheOutsider83 is on a distinguished road

Antoni is that you? It's Dave from the Australian Horror Collectors page.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TheOutsider83 View Post
    Antoni is that you? It's Dave from the Australian Horror Collectors page.
    Yup, welcome Dave...

Default Does Anyone Sell King Books On Here?

I feel like Jake at The Way Station. So confused and disorientated by this site.
    Does anyone sell King 1st/1st or Gift Editions on here?
    Preferably those who have not forgotten the face of their father

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like Jake at The Way Station. So confused and disorientated by this site.
    Does anyone sell King 1st/1st or Gift Editions on here?
    Preferably those who have not forgotten the face of their father
    Keep your eye on this thread for items for sale, Dave.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...hen-King-Items

And welcome to the site!

Default Can You Ask If People Have Certain Books For Sale?

G'Day from Australia.
    I am posting to ask if we can request certain Stephen King books in this Dark Tower Thread or do we have to keep an "eye out only" in the threads, I am just finding them a little hard to follow as there are so many compartments.

Specifically, if allowed to post this, I am asking for Mylar protected dust jackets in NF or F condition as well as 1st Editions and 1st Printings of the following Stephen King hardcovers:

1. Skeleton Crew (UK)
    2. Danse Macabre
    3. The Tommyknockers (USA or UK)
    4. Firestarter (USA or UK)
    5. Cycle Of The Werewolf
    6. The Dead Zone
    7. Needful Things (USA or UK)

Thanks

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection: peripheral

G'Day from Australia.
    I am posting to ask if we can request certain Stephen King books in this Dark Tower Thread or do we have to keep an "eye out only" in the threads, I am just finding them a little hard to follow as there are so many compartments.
    Here’s the thread you’re looking for:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...s-Items-Wanted

You can post any King related books/items you’re wanting to buy in that thread.

For other authors, here’s the thread to use:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...d-Market-Value
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

G'Day from Australia.

Cheers, Adam.

Yes Outsider83, you appear to be lost. This is my personal collection thread - a sacred place where I show off my own Stephen King collectibles and languish on a sofa, naked but for a tumbler of aged rum in my hand... Fair warning.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

G'Day from Australia.

Cheers, Adam.

Yes Outsider83, you appear to be lost. This is my personal collection thread - a sacred place where I show off my own Stephen King collectibles and languish on a sofa, naked but for a tumbler of aged rum in my hand... Fair warning.
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast