Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simply awesome collection, Peri! Absolutely love it!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Echoing others statements, really nice setup. Particularly like the way the odd book every now and then has its cover facing out instead of the spine. Makes for a really cool look. Interested in how you decided which covers to show?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Echoing others statements, really nice setup. Particularly like the way the odd book every now and then has its cover facing out instead of the spine. Makes for a really cool look. Interested in how you decided which covers to show?
    Thank you Simon, I appreciate your comments. As for the covers, it was a combination of three variables: (1) What is not currently slipcased (the older ones, and flat-signed ones, are all slipcased); (2) My favourite works; (3) My favourite artwork.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Simply awesome collection, Peri! Absolutely love it!
    Cheers brother...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous set up! Ya gotta love those IKEA bookshelves. Not custom made, but when you'd rather put money in your collection, they work great!

Incidentally, I really like the Barker Books of Blood set. I keep seeing them on eBay and would love a set, but haven't brought myself to spend the money. What do you think of them?

Country
    Country Flag

I only have a few flat signed.

Revival (of course). So common it seems like a variant (and a pretty ugly signature).

Just After Sunset

Best American Stories 2007

A Cujo & Firestarter Inscribed to the same person

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Gorgeous set up! Ya gotta love those IKEA bookshelves. Not custom made, but when you'd rather put money in your collection, they work great!

Incidentally, I really like the Barker Books of Blood set. I keep seeing them on eBay and would love a set, but haven't brought myself to spend the money. What do you think of them?
    Thanks Dez. And I love the Sub Press Books of Blood. Uses the original artwork (which I love - I only wish the artwork wrapped around the spines, as the originals, but it doesn't). Book 1 only is signed, the slipcase is nice, and the box is very heavy. The books themselves, the stories, are incredible and I have actually read these editions (carefully! and not in the bath ) I got mine for $225 USD, not sure how they are valued now.

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful collection!
    P2

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    Beautiful collection!
    Thanks Picontin...

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great looking collection, peripheral. Very impressive.
    Nice to see a Laird Barron fan, he's a damn fine author.
    Whereabouts in Aus are you?
    Lincoln.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Great looking collection, peripheral. Very impressive.
    Nice to see a Laird Barron fan, he's a damn fine author.
    Whereabouts in Aus are you?
    Lincoln.
    Hey Lincoln, thank you. Yes, Laird is great and I think could be remembered as one of the greats if he continues on this trajectory. I'm in Melbourne, I see you are too

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Antoni, It is about time you got your collection thread up and going!!( and why didn't I get the memo) Just love it. Particularly the S/L Stand(obviously) and the impressive collection of Bachmans. Really great books and presentation dude. Cheers!

Oh yes and UP THE IRONS!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Antoni, It is about time you got your collection thread up and going!!( and why didn't I get the memo) Just love it. Particularly the S/L Stand(obviously) and the impressive collection of Bachmans. Really great books and presentation dude. Cheers!

Oh yes and UP THE IRONS!
    Haha. Cheers Chad. Yeah, it was a goal of 2016, and once I had the bookshelves in place and I could take the books out of the wardrobes in 3-4 rooms and house them in one place, just needed the time to get some photos. Have some more good ones heading from Betts any time now.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't often find good SK collectibles locally in Australia, but just acquired this inscribed US Cujo 1st/1st from a local guy.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I don't often find good SK collectibles locally in Australia, but just acquired this inscribed US Cujo 1st/1st from a local guy.

Haha, I like that inscription. Very cool. Congrats!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the inscription . Good find!

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers guys... It's a NF copy of the book too.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! A classic inscription.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congrats! A classic inscription.
    Cheers Paul. I'm not much of a flatsign collector (yet!) but I did want this classic.

Country
    Country Flag

Had a huge haul recently, including some Betts beauties...

Quietly Now S/L

Borderlines 5. I just love some of the names / signatures in here.

EotD S/L

Green Mile S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peri! Always love see that edition of EOTD. It's a beautiful book.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks mate. Its beautiful. And I was surprised at the size of it - it's huge. And by contrast, Green Mile was smaller than I imagined, but it's stunning.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're on a roll at the moment with these beauties. Congratulations, Antoni. EOTD is an awesome book but I always found it difficult to store being so big. I have to store it horizontally.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    You're on a roll at the moment with these beauties. Congratulations, Antoni. EOTD is an awesome book but I always found it difficult to store being so big. I have to store it horizontally.
    Thank you Jon. Yes, I have been on a roll, but it's about to slow right down with most of my goals done for the year. I got in early before the Aussie dollar finally crapped out. We're under 1:2 with the UK pound now. As for EotD, I'm lucky I've got these adjustable shelves: Space for the little dudes on top, and big dudes on bottom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast