Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERBEAUTIFUL !!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I've never seen a lettered PS Thinner before. That's really gorgeous. Having the letter embossed on the traycase and printed on the dustjackets is a nice touch.

Congratulations!

HBJ

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I've never seen a lettered PS Thinner before. That's really gorgeous. Having the letter embossed on the traycase and printed on the dustjackets is a nice touch.

Congratulations!

HBJ

The Catalog is your friend.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...UK&redirect=no

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Oh my god. There goes my afternoon.

Thanks, RF!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Congratulations!

HBJ
    Cheers HBJ. Yeah, it's stunning. The artwork, the case, lovely edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    SUPERBEAUTIFUL !!!
    Cheers Frank!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry just saw your post, Antoni. No, I don’t have a lettered Thinner. Jonp has one I’m pretty sure.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

Dig the Lumley...and still dig the Hill doodle!

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got the Mr M to complete the trilogy...

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Antoni! That is an impressive feat. Nicely done.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, Antoni. A fantastic signed set to have!

Did you happen to get your inscribed Strange Weather from Water Street Books by the way?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Buddy was a busy boy!! Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

How do you take such clear pictures? With a regular camera or some other multi-task device?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    How do you take such clear pictures? With a regular camera or some other multi-task device?
    They have better lighting down under

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Nice adds, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Congratulations, Antoni! That is an impressive feat. Nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Great stuff, Antoni. A fantastic signed set to have!
    Did you happen to get your inscribed Strange Weather from Water Street Books by the way?
    Thanks fellas. And yes, Alan, Water Street Books. Someone had asked me the other day, and I forgot the name. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Buddy was a busy boy!! Nice!
    Haha... Thanks, Kris. Busy working, and busy spending...

Thanks, Steve. I'm critical of my own book photos compared to most of the others on here. They're always just taken with my iPhone. There are two places in the house I take them - either the room where the bookcases are, which is rather dark and has a window which gives an annoying reflection, but I like the backdrop of the bookcase The second place is just beside my desk, on a filing cabinet, upstairs, which has some broad windows that get a lot of light (this is where I took the photos of this trilogy). Maybe I'll stick to the upstairs room for photos!

Haha... The benefits of a dry continent in close proximity to a kickassed-size hole in the ozone..!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice adds, Peri!
    Thanks, dude

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff all around. Congratulations!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS Antoni !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Great stuff all around. Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG CONGRATS Antoni !!!
    Thanks, Michaël and Frank...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the Bloch and Fowles books from a bit ago! The Magus is really a fantastic book - a little slow by modern standards, but more twists and turns than any other novel I've read. I have a very small Fowles collection (no Magus!), with some stuff from his personal library.

Also, the Durtro Press Ligotti is a treat!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I love the Bloch and Fowles books from a bit ago! The Magus is really a fantastic book - a little slow by modern standards, but more twists and turns than any other novel I've read. I have a very small Fowles collection (no Magus!), with some stuff from his personal library.

Also, the Durtro Press Ligotti is a treat!
    Thank you, lotuz. Yes, I do love collecting Bloch. Such an important writer in the genre and I love his insrcriptions - he would frequently do very long and witty ones. I also have Bloch’s copy of Danse Macabre that King inscribed to him - probably my favourite collectible (top five, at least). I also have a decent-ish Ligotti collection - one of my favourite contemporary authors of the genre. The Magus is all I have of Fowles - I too love that book. I’d love to see your own Fowles collection, including items from his personal library. Intriguing. You need to get a Collection Thread up and running soon!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree totally and I think that non-Psycho Bloch is generally underrated. I have some paperback originals and firsts, but no signatures.

And Bloch's copy of Danse Macabre, with an inscription?!? I don't know if there's a better association than that! That would definitely be in my top 5. I'd love to see it, if you haven't posted it already.

I am working on uploading some pictures for an upcoming collection thread My best Fowles-related book will probably get a mention, but it's likely not of wider interest. Basically, there is a 19th century book called The Life of the Late Celebrated Mrs. Elizabeth Wisebourn that chronicles a "madame" of the 18th century and her clientele, and in which most of the names are censored as such: J--- S---- or T------ B------. In Fowles's copy, he filled in a bunch of the names in pencil while he was reading it . I really like stuff like that (hence my hearty interest in the Bloch/King association). The idea that an author I admire sat down with this book and engaged with it and wrote in it, is really cool.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I agree totally and I think that non-Psycho Bloch is generally underrated. I have some paperback originals and firsts, but no signatures.

And Bloch's copy of Danse Macabre, with an inscription?!? I don't know if there's a better association than that! That would definitely be in my top 5. I'd love to see it, if you haven't posted it already.

I am working on uploading some pictures for an upcoming collection thread My best Fowles-related book will probably get a mention, but it's likely not of wider interest. Basically, there is a 19th century book called The Life of the Late Celebrated Mrs. Elizabeth Wisebourn that chronicles a "madame" of the 18th century and her clientele, and in which most of the names are censored as such: J--- S---- or T------ B------. In Fowles's copy, he filled in a bunch of the names in pencil while he was reading it . I really like stuff like that (hence my hearty interest in the Bloch/King association). The idea that an author I admire sat down with this book and engaged with it and wrote in it, is really cool.
    Man, that does sound awesome. A combination of ephemera and book. Brilliant. I have a copy of T.E.D. Klein's Ceremonies where he has written, "signed and corrected by T.E.D. Klein". Apparently, when he would sign the first impression he would also often quickly go through and correct some of the errors in the text. So, dotted throughout my copy are all of these small editorial marks. I love it.

And, my inscribed DM to Bloch is on my Collection Thread (post #292)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast