Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dig it! Particularly the Simmons (that is one great book)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice additions. How do you get them to stay up on the wall like that?
    Thanks mate. And I live Down Under - Entirely different gravitational pull down here...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice adds, Peri!
    Cheers Brian...

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Dig it! Particularly the Simmons (that is one great book)
    Cheers buddy. And I assume you're speaking of The Terror, I love it - one of my top 10 horror novels outside of King...

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some nice additions there! Hope the DT matching set recovery goes well
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    Some nice additions there! Hope the DT matching set recovery goes well
    Thanks Andy. I'm getting there ... haha...

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great stuff Buddy!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Great stuff Buddy!!!!
    Thanks Matt...

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I'm still struggling to walk properly after my DT S/L acquisition, so I've been looking at some non-King collectibles. Here are some recent adds:

From left to right.
    - Best of Caitlin R. Kiernan Volume 1 & 2 (Sub Press)
    - Harvest Home by Thomas Tryon (1st Edition)
    - Raising Goosebumps by T.E.D. Klein - S/L 500
    - Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - S/L 1st edition / 500
    - Behold the Void by Philip Fracasi (1st / 1st, personally inscribed on card)
    - Dark Gods by T.E.D. Klein (1st / 1st)
    - The Light is the Darkness by Laird Barron (1st / 1st) - Inscribed by author
    Nice new adds. I understand the walking properly comment perfectly I took two months off with the kid coming and my wife keeps reminding me that I've told her no really this is my last add for awhile. But how could I pass up that Gunslinger metal case and the Regulators toy box to go with my print...
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of collections, like Chris Tucker and Ice Cube once said in unison, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!"
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Speaking of collections, like Chris Tucker and Ice Cube once said in unison, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!"
    Word!

Cheers TravellinJack

Country
    Country Flag

I continue to flesh out my non-King collectibles by adding some of my all-time favourite novels to my shelves. Here's another recent-ish haul...

These are all 1sts and flat signed, except for The Wasp Factory which is not signed. I'm especially taken by the copy of Ceremonies, which is fine and perhaps even unread. It is signed and also corrected by T.E.D. Klein. Apparently when signing he would often go through the text and make editorial corrections to the first printings. I haven't thoroughly examined the book yet, but at a glance I have noticed at least 10 corrections to the text. I have heard of other authors doing this when signing (Niven and Pournelle would apparently do it when signing copies of The Mote In God's Eye).

Country
    Country Flag

Plus these two signed limiteds...

Ghost Story by Peter Straub and illustrated by Stephen Gervais. Published by Hill House in 1984

The Light Is The Darkness by Laird Barron and illustrated by David Ho. A limitation of 174 and published by Infernal House. I just received this two days ago and can honestly say it is in the top 10 of my collectibles for its beautiful design and production values. It's just stunning.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You're right about that THE LIGHT IS THE DARKNESS, fantastic design.

That's why I don't let authors touch my books, all they want to do is scribble in them.

Seriously though, I like that GHOST STORY too. I read that book and really liked it. (Not that particular copy, I have an old paperback of my own, thank you very much!)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Plus these two signed limiteds...

Ghost Story by Peter Straub and illustrated by Stephen Gervais. Published by Hill House in 1984

The Light Is The Darkness by Laird Barron and illustrated by David Ho. A limitation of 174 and published by Infernal House. I just received this two days ago and can honestly say it is in the top 10 of my collectibles for its beautiful design and production values. It's just stunning.

That Light is the Darkness and the protruding Spartan helmet is really something. Very neat!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is one cool-ass s/l by Barron! Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT new stuff, The Light Is The Darkness is a stunning beautiful book !!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the new acquisitions Antoni! The Barron book looks like a beautiful production, and that copy of The Ceremonies with the edits is great. Not sure if you know but that cover illustration is by David Palladini.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is one cool ass book man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You're right about that THE LIGHT IS THE DARKNESS, fantastic design.

That's why I don't let authors touch my books, all they want to do is scribble in them.

Seriously though, I like that GHOST STORY too. I read that book and really liked it. (Not that particular copy, I have an old paperback of my own, thank you very much!)
    Thanks Steve... And yeah, if I had known T.E.D. wrote all through my book, I woulda shoed him in the plums.

Yeah, I loved Ghost Story when I read it in my early 20's. I remember it giving me a very unsettling feeling, but I can't recall much of the detail of the story. I plan to revisit it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    That Light is the Darkness and the protruding Spartan helmet is really something. Very neat!
    Oh yeah, that whole 3-Dimensional cover art is phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    That is one cool-ass s/l by Barron! Very nice!
    Thanks man...

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    GREAT new stuff, The Light Is The Darkness is a stunning beautiful book !!!
    Cheers Frank. Yeah, that Barron S/L is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations on the new acquisitions Antoni! The Barron book looks like a beautiful production, and that copy of The Ceremonies with the edits is great. Not sure if you know but that cover illustration is by David Palladini.
    Thank you Paul. And no, I didn't know that! Cheers. An now that I'm looking at it - of course. What a great cover.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That is one cool ass book man!
    Cheers mate

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, brother!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice adds, brother!
    Thanks man!

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I continue to flesh out my non-King collectibles by adding some of my all-time favourite novels to my shelves. Here's another recent-ish haul...
    So after I got caught up on your updates, I went through your collection thread again from page 1. You reminded me how many books by King and other authors I want to add to my collection Thanks Antoni for sharing, and I guess I will be adding more books to my collection shortly after seeing your post and others, realizing I want more and have a collection sickness
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    So after I got caught up on your updates, I went through your collection thread again from page 1. You reminded me how many books by King and other authors I want to add to my collection Thanks Antoni for sharing, and I guess I will be adding more books to my collection shortly after seeing your post and others, realizing I want more and have a collection sickness
    Thank you for your kind words Jake, it's a great community of like-minded crazies. The collection sickness! the "fix"! the "itch" that's never satiated!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice cases, and cool vinyl displayed. Still room for more

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What's the story about BLOOD ON THE TRACKS? Is that a rare LP? I bought it when it came out and so am curious about it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast