Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Threaded View

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: peripheral

I've been reading Stephen King since the release of Misery when I was a mere teenager, but I only started collecting SK purposefully around 1.5 - 2 years ago. I’ve always had the "collector's gene", the "collector's bug" (whatever the hell this sickness is). I wish I had found this site and Betts Books before I started collecting – would have saved me making a few dud purchases.

One of my collecting goals for this year was to start a collection thread here and - now that I’ve finally got these new bookshelves - here it is.

It’s a very modest collection compared to the gargantuan collections on here. In terms of direction, my focus is pretty standard: 1st editions (both UK and US) and the S/L’s (of King's own work or anthologies). Primarily due to space restrictions and the fact that I can't get absolutely everything, I’m not collecting gift / artist editions unless it’s a particular favourite book of mine or there’s no S/L alternative (as in the PS Publishing series). And Lettered editions are beyond my budget.

Finally, you may not be able to see them, but I also have three Asbestos Firestarters and one first state Salem’s Lot - but they're disguised as “Shipping and Postage Costs” from the US to Australia!
    Last edited by peripheral; 07-29-2017 at 06:10 PM.