Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: peripheral

I've been reading Stephen King since the release of Misery when I was a mere teenager, but I only started collecting SK purposefully around 1.5 - 2 years ago. I’ve always had the "collector's gene", the "collector's bug" (whatever the hell this sickness is). I wish I had found this site and Betts Books before I started collecting – would have saved me making a few dud purchases.

One of my collecting goals for this year was to start a collection thread here and - now that I’ve finally got these new bookshelves - here it is.

It’s a very modest collection compared to the gargantuan collections on here. In terms of direction, my focus is pretty standard: 1st editions (both UK and US) and the S/L’s (of King's own work or anthologies). Primarily due to space restrictions and the fact that I can't get absolutely everything, I’m not collecting gift / artist editions unless it’s a particular favourite book of mine or there’s no S/L alternative (as in the PS Publishing series). And Lettered editions are beyond my budget.

Finally, you may not be able to see them, but I also have three Asbestos Firestarters and one first state Salem’s Lot - but they're disguised as “Shipping and Postage Costs” from the US to Australia!
    Last edited by peripheral; 07-29-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! What a beautiful collection, Antoni. I love the shelves. Your Bachmans look in very nice condition.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Wow! What a beautiful collection, Antoni. I love the shelves. Your Bachmans look in very nice condition.
    Thanks so much Jon. And those shelves are IKEA standards - build em yourself in a day or, if you're handy with a hammer like me, around 2 weeks.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks lovely!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man oh man... you got a ton of nice books. AND LET ME SAY... the condition (from what I can see here) of your books is just top notch! Good job!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing modest about your collection, Antoni: it's absolutely gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing!!

sk

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

VERY nice collection! I like how you have separated the US from the UK editions (as it should be done).

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool! lots of nice things that I wish I had

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I really like your bookshelves that display so well and don't seem to take over space in the room.

The collection is amazing and my new collection is in my office and was only going to be Dark Tower as i have limited desk space to display. After seeing your collection though, I realize I'm in denial and will have to create more space like this when I buy some other King books outside of Dark Tower :-) Thanks for sharing. -jake

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY VERY NICE COLLECTION !!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great looking collection Antoni! Very well organized.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I like how you have separated the US from the UK editions (as it should be done).
    I must have missed that memo.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Great looking collection Antoni! Very well organized.

I like how you have separated the US from the UK editions (as it should be done).
    I must have missed that memo.
    But now you know.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Really great stuff! A collection to be proud of.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Looks lovely!
    Thx becca

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Man oh man... you got a ton of nice books. AND LET ME SAY... the condition (from what I can see here) of your books is just top notch! Good job!!!!!
    Thanks Kris! Yes, I've tried to aim for NF+ on most things. Of course there's some notable exceptions - the US Salem's Lot needs a good hospital stay, and a few others where the blemishes are deceitfully hidden

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Nothing modest about your collection, Antoni: it's absolutely gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing!!

sk

Cheers Siep, thanks for the encouragement. Coming from all of the SK canons on this site, means a lot.

Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice collection! I like how you have separated the US from the UK editions (as it should be done).
    Wow, thanks Bob! And yes, the way the bookshelves are designed, a "left and right wing" division seemed best.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Great looking collection Antoni! Very well organized
    Cheers Paul, much appreciated. Still chasing a few of the 1sts. Before I was a registered member here, it was actually seeing your collection that inspired my direction to get both the UK and US 1sts, so, thank you!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Really great stuff! A collection to be proud of.
    Thank you mate, much appreciated.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Very Cool! lots of nice things that I wish I had
    Thanks Josh. I tend to buy in "bulk" because of postage (bulk from Betts, usually!).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    I really like your bookshelves that display so well and don't seem to take over space in the room.

The collection is amazing and my new collection is in my office and was only going to be Dark Tower as i have limited desk space to display. After seeing your collection though, I realize I'm in denial and will have to create more space like this when I buy some other King books outside of Dark Tower :-) Thanks for sharing. -jake
    Cheers Jake. And yes, you're in denial. I bought the IT S/L and said to myself, "This is all I need, one nice book to pay homage to one of my favourite writers." Then it arrived, and I saw this tome, and thought. "Well, maybe one more" Then, "Well, I can't have this without having that..." And now I'm in SK collecting Anonymous.

The bookshelves are IKEA - they look good but have a slightly "flimsy" feel to them... Only slightly, and I'm definitely happy with them. They come with an "extension" level for another shelf up the top (see Honkytonk's thread here - Chad has those extensions), but I couldn't fit it because of the damn picture rails in that room.
    Last edited by peripheral; 08-01-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    VERY VERY NICE COLLECTION !!!
    Thank you, mate

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The shelves are very sharp! Great collection!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Very very nice. Your whole set-up has a very 'sterile' feel to it, which is awesome! Congrats!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Very very nice. Your whole set-up has a very 'sterile' feel to it, which is awesome! Congrats!
    Haha. Yes, like the "specimen" samples

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast