Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Nice artwork!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Very nice new stuff !!!
    Thanks fellas...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And, I got this behemoth (thanks to David from Betts). A "PC" copy of an S/L (limitation of 300), signed by editor and artists. It is a staggering, beautiful edition with outstanding artwork (I love Bernie's cover art).

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks awesome! Dig the artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    That looks awesome! Dig the artwork.
    Cheers man. It really is a beautiful edition.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's a Pretty Cool PC copy.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's a beautiful book, Antoni. Congratulations!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    That's a Pretty Cool PC copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Yeah that's a beautiful book, Antoni. Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Peri!
    Thanks guys!

Country
    Country Flag

Two new flatisigned King 1st editions for my collection.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful 8)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! Duma Key is a killer read!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful 8)
    Cheers guys. Yeah, I've been looking for an affordable, signed Duma for a while, and got this at a great price. I'm also reminded of how stunning the cover artwork is (maybe needs the Suntup treatment, one of these days?)

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good morning Antoni.
    Very little in my opinion beats the signed first edition, and these look two real gems.
    I agree as well that "Duma Key" is head and shoulders above many of the Stephen King covers.
    Congratulations, two lovely pieces.

A.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Apologies Antoni, that should read, "Good evening".

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Good morning Antoni.
    Very little in my opinion beats the signed first edition, and these look two real gems.
    I agree as well that "Duma Key" is head and shoulders above many of the Stephen King covers.
    Congratulations, two lovely pieces.

A.
    Thanks Alec! Duma is in my top 3 post 2000 King books, and I've been after a signed copy for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Apologies Antoni, that should read, "Good evening".
    And you're right... 11pm right on the nose, here, and time for me to hit the hay. Goodnight!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've heard about people dying of laughter after reading the world's funniest joke, but not about anyone kicking the bucket after reading DUMA KEY.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Some recent Robert Bloch inscribed books. He'd have to have some of the wittiest inscriptions around.

The Opener of the Way. First edition, published by Arkham House, 1945. This is Bloch's first novel (short stories). I try to avoid books with owner plates, but Bloch here is referring directly to it, William Rotsler, in the inscription: "With warmest appreciation - now pardon me while I go and kill Rotsler!"

The Dead Beat. First US edition, 1960. Here Bloch is not wanting you to think the spine of the book reads that Bloch is a Dead Beat: "Please notice the delicate juxtaposition of title and author's name on the spine of this book - and ignore it for my sake!"

Blood Runs Cold. First US edition, 1961. This is an association inscription. Inscribed to Forrest Ackerman, the famous magazine editor, expert in sci fi and horror, and wrote many books and articles on the subjects. "Warmest regards to Forrest J Ackerman - from a fellow necrophile".

Pleasant Dreams: Nightmares. First Edition, published by Arkham House, 1960.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Beautiful 8)
    Cheers guys. Yeah, I've been looking for an affordable, signed Duma for a while, and got this at a great price. I'm also reminded of how stunning the cover artwork is (maybe needs the Suntup treatment, one of these days?)
    Not to mention it's well worth a limited status treatment.

Love the Bloch books. He was a very word conscious, witty author and sorely missed.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Love the Bloch books. He was a very word conscious, witty author and sorely missed.
    Thank you. Yes, one of the best, for sure...

Country
    Country Flag

Misery 1st

Skeleton Crew 1st (Apparently the "Dave" being referred to is the special effects guy on Maximum Overdrive, who rigged the "electric knife" scene from the movie).

With Duma Key and now Misery and Skeleton Crew, I find this most refreshing. Superb examples, all three are terrific.
    I think there is a tendency to concentrate on the signed limiteds and lettereds, leaving the signed firsts pushed into the background a little, when in reality they form the framework of what we are all collecting.
    Beautiful books Antoni, a real pleasure to see.

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Peri!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Alec and Brian...

Country
    Country Flag

Joyce Carol Oates was here for the Melbourne International Writer's Festival. I went to her presentation, "The Dark Side of Womanhood". The event was moved to a larger venue because of the interest and it was a sell-out (300-ish capacity). She is a captivating presence and monumental intellect. She inscribed my 1st edition copy of her very first novel, With Shuddering Fall (1964), and her classic collection, Haunted (1994). She was lovely and chatty, surprised to see a copy of With Shuddering Fall, and asked me about myself. We were briefly interrupted by her husband who expressed concern regarding the rain pouring outside, and she told him to go and view some sculptures that were nearby, that she wouldn't be long (there were at least 100 people lined up behind me, I was 10th in line).

For a country that rarely gets visiting international authors, this event was huge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast