Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I love those covers!!!!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection: peripheral

Sub Press used this artwork for their Books of Blood editions too I think. It’s Barker’s art right? Bad ass btw!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Those BOB'S are kickass and righteous!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice! Cool that they’re all flatsigned too.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are pretty cool, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    6x bloody congrats for this very nice CB books Antoni !!!
    Haha... 6 x bloody thanks, Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Not a Barker fan, but those books have some interesting, and some rather disturbing, covers.
    Some of Barker's most disturbing artwork. I remember you saying you weren't big on Barker, and I'm much more of a fan of his horror than dark fantasy style. I assume you've tried these, Steve? They're probably in my top short story collections of all time...

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Nice! I love those covers!!!!
    Cheers, Dez. Yeah, me too. Looks like they're done in pencil, very macabre.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Sub Press used this artwork for their Books of Blood editions too I think. It’s Barker’s art right? Bad ass btw!
    Cheers, man. Yep, Barkers art and same as the Sub Press editions (which I sold to fund these - didn't really see the need to have two almost identical sets, and these had 5 extra sigs).

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Those BOB'S are kickass and righteous!
    Cheers mate...

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Really nice! Cool that they’re all flatsigned too.
    Thanks Alan, yeah, I was after a fully signed set for a few years, actually, and finally one come up at the right price...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Those are pretty cool, Peri!
    Cheers, Brian...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Continuing with the Books of Blood theme. These are the true 1st editions, published by Sphere. I've been looking for fine copies of these for years now, slowly upgrading copies along the way. Now I finally have all six, in unread, near mint condition, and flatsigned by Barker.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. I remember these from back in the day. I think I have some on the shelf but not all six.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Nice dude! Congrats on completing the set. Man, his signature changed significantly over the years. The Books of Blood I have from you have both this one in your books and then another less legible version. No idea which are older or newer but would be interesting to find out.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Oh, those W&N editions are really nice. Congrats, Peri.

How did they come to be flatsigned? Did Barker sign a limited number of sets on publication, or were they done after the fact?

There are a few editions of Books of Blood put there, and I have the SubPress set. But the W & N edition is very tempting, and I'd definitely pick up a flatsigned set if one came up. Very well done, sir.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very nice. I remember these from back in the day. I think I have some on the shelf but not all six.
    Cheers, Paul. I always had the later pbs with the Barker artwork - only after I started collecting a few years back do I see these...

Nice dude! Congrats on completing the set. Man, his signature changed significantly over the years. The Books of Blood I have from you have both this one in your books and then another less legible version. No idea which are older or newer but would be interesting to find out.
    Cheers man. Yeah, it would be cool to see how Barkers signature changes over time - like King's - and how it could be pinned to a time period. My guess is that these are very early sigs, as his later sig got really large and angular and sometimes just a "CBarker". These were also done at a UK signing, so, likely sometime before Barker moved to the US (pre 1991).

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Oh, those W&N editions are really nice. Congrats, Peri.

How did they come to be flatsigned? Did Barker sign a limited number of sets on publication, or were they done after the fact?

There are a few editions of Books of Blood put there, and I have the SubPress set. But the W & N edition is very tempting, and I'd definitely pick up a flatsigned set if one came up. Very well done, sir.
    Cheers HBJ... I'm not sure whether Barker signed any upon publication, because they were released over a period of three years. I bought these and the previous W&N set from the same UK seller who was getting out of collecting, and he said these Spheres were signed on the same day at a UK signing.

I also had the Sub Press set for a few years and then sold it recently to get the W&N set. Sub Press did a lovely job but it disappointed me that only one of the books was signed in that set (I know that's usual for multi book sets, but still..) and that they used the same W&N artwork. So, I thought I'd just grab the firsts all signed...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those covers are really cool, too! You must have an awesome Barker collection!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on scoring the set!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I also had the Sub Press set for a few years and then sold it recently to get the W&N set.
    You chose ... wisely.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That’s an awesome set!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Little addition to the collection. Don't normally collect paraphernalia like this, but given it was Australian, I thought I better represent...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

C O N G R A T S !!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Chatty

That’s really cool, bud! How did you find something like that?

Country
    Country Flag

It's been in his wallet lol.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The paraphernalia will get ya every time in the end

My Mood
    Chatty

Ohhh of course! Lol

That's great, peri! Was he touring for DTIV?

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Those covers are really cool, too! You must have an awesome Barker collection!!!
    Cheers, Dez. It's getting there. I collect his 1st editions (and try to have them all flatsigned or inscribed) and a few S/L's of fave novels.

Congrats on scoring the set!
    Cheers, Brian...

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I also had the Sub Press set for a few years and then sold it recently to get the W&N set.
    You chose ... wisely.
    Yeah, thanks man. I think so, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    That’s an awesome set!!
    Thanks, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    C O N G R A T S !!!
    Thanks Frank

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I like it!
    Cheers, Steve...

Haha... It's my ID card... But seriously, it's from Leigh Blackmore - Aussie author / collector. He used to work at Dymocks and he attended.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    The paraphernalia will get ya every time in the end
    That bloody paraphernalia... Can't trust it, sneaking into the cracks...

That's great, peri! Was he touring for DTIV?

HBJ
    Great question, I have no idea. I'll see if I can find out...

Country
    Country Flag

While I'm not collecting ephemera, here's one I couldn't resist. A postcard from Robert Bloch to Bruce Walker (a Florida artist). I'm not sure how they came in contact with one another, but they regularly corresponded since the 1970s, I'm told (their correspondence is held in the Indiana University). In this postcard Bloch appears to be in a deeply reflective mood as his own health preoccupies him. The postage stamp is Jan 19, 1991, three years before his death.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast