1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 321 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So happy I decided to pick up games today. Didn't even think about Black Friday sales but got used copies of FFXIII-3, Skyrim, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and Doom3 BFG edition for 40 bucks total. All games I've wanted to play and my need-to-play list shrinks a little more. Not much left on that list now.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm mixed about Lightning Returns. I think the battle system is just taking me awhile to get used to. Damn counter attacks. I do regret trading in FF13/13-2 because I've been wanting to replay them 13-2 was an amazing game and rivals the best of the series.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you all been too busy with video games or in a comatose state due to excessive time spent playing Fallout 4? I'm going to just stay in this car and talk to myself like Doctor Malcolm, idgaf.

Lightning Returns is actually a pretty solid game. Looking forward to the new game+ which will offer up plenty more challenges. I really want to replay the first two in the trilogy now. There is so much about FFXIII I forget and when that stuff is referenced I'm trying to remember. On the whole, FFXIII is a huge success with every game challenging the mould of the series, with each having very distinct mechanics and plots, while also feeling pretty cohesive. I think since I'm probably going to hop right into new game plus, I'll save Skyrim for last out of the new games I picked up. I think I'll play XCOM next since I'll probably love the hell out of it judging from everything I've heard.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt

I'm going to need you to explain why you liked FFXIII-3 so much

because I thought that game was fucking ass

Sell me on it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

There's tons I liked about FFXIII as a whole. I wasn't all that high on FFXIII, but the mythology kept me playing the linear path. When it did open up it opened up pretty huge and there was tons to do. I spent 120+hours on it, most of that after about the 30 hour mark when you get down to Gran Pulse. I never got through all those trials, and a couple of the achievements just weren't worth the trouble lol. I liked the story of God's marking people with a mission and if they didn't complete their task they turned into monsters, and the way they became enemies of mankind once touched by the fal'cie. I am also a huge fan of the battle system because it felt fresh and fast paced and offered almost as many combinations of party abilities as the Gambit System in FFXII. It's emphasis on combos and the fighting game feel to the battles reminded me of why I loved Valkyrie Profile so much. And that battle music (along with the rest of it) is awesome.

FFXIII-2 though was just incredible. Any of the issues I had with the first game, namely the on-rails story and the characters, were all but eradicated. I'd actually waited a while to get the sequel unlike FXIII, which I preordered, because I didn't expect much. Much like how FFXIII tried to reinvent the franchise, FFXIII-2 reinvented itself. For the first time there were only two characters and the collection of monsters which fought along side you offered a lot of variety. The fact you can basically go out and explore how you want right off the bat was something we never get in a FF game, as most lock you into a few hours of pretty on-rails storytelling before it actually gives us a world to explore. And the world was expansive, namely thanks to the time-travel device, as even locations felt and played different in different time periods. It had a blast jumping from era to era, ending the game all sorts of ways, doing side quests, looking for treasures, going on hunts.

What sold me on FFXIII-2 was the characters. Serah was a much more layered character than her sister Lightning, who is rather stoic. Noel is probably my favourite character in any FF game, next to maybe Vivi, as his story is very original and relatable. And Caius Ballad was an awesome, awesome villain. He's right up there with Kuja for me, he might even be better than Kuja, since in many ways he's not a typical villain and is quite sympathetic, a villain who deep down isn't all that evil. I can't say enough good things about this game. And that New Game+!

Lightning Returns isn't a great game, but I've played worse FF games. Much like the previous too games it's the mythology that keeps me playing. Lightning isn't all that interesting of a character but her quest of saving souls to take to God's new world for mankind intrigued me right off the bat, and I like the idea of fighting against the clock the entire game (which you really don't if you know how to play it lol). It's a little cheesy, but seeing Lightning save her broken friends was a good device for me. Again it's different with a one character party for most of the game, and the battle system was a hell of a lot of fun and really became the fighting game system FFXIII/2 felt to be. Switching between schemas and all the endless possibilities of abilities while trying to gain/maintain staggers and defend with perfect timing took some getting used to but never have the battles felt more interactive and free-flowing. Lightning Returns is just as problematic at FFXIII in different ways, in this game, the story is lacking and comes in morsels along the way, but the ability to complete the game in any order you wish. It's a bit of a shame there is no more XP in it, but the addiction of killing monsters into exinction to fight an ultra powerful last one was a lot of fun, and essential on hard mode to get the items/components/gil necessary to get the big weapons.

The way the story ends ups is again cheesy, but the two previous games lacked happy endings so it felt good to have one after the journey over 1,000 years. The ending got me really intrigued to play FFXV and now I know why it seemed to be set in such a realistic world, since FFXIII was a big set up to the world of the next game. And I can't remember the last time a final boss battle felt so epic as literally taking on God and freeing all mankind from his influence, and it wasn't easy and I expecting facing him (along with the other two optional superbosses) on Hard is going to be a bitch.

If I had to rate them it would be 13 - 7/10, 13-2 - 10/10, Lightning Returns 8/10.

Razz, I'm not sure how you can say it's an up/a simulator when every single final fantasy game as been the same way...scroll through battle commands and select. I think FFXIII was the change the turn-based system needed in an age where almost all RPG's are no longer turn-based. I know people don't like change in this series and many people hated XII for it's 3D, free-roaming system with AI gambits, but I constantly welcome innovation and change. I'd rather a franchise radically change it up game to game, even it doesn't work or isn't popular, than become Call of Duty and repackage the same game for eight years.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoying XCOM a lot. Had to start a new game since my tactics tbe first go and my management of resources was ill-advised, so I lost many countries support and many soliders. Second playthrough I've launched more satellites, have 4times the funding, and I haven't had one soldier die on me yet.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt

You'll be glad to know that after your hearty endorsement I gave Lightning Returns a second chance and am enjoying it very much now.

Not a big fan of the racing against the clock scheme since it really adds nothing to the overall experience, but like you said it can easily be downgraded to a minor annoyance if you play the game right.

Question: how many souls must you save each day to prevent from losing a doomsday? I was docked 1 day after Day 5 or 6 and I'm pretty sure I had completed two sidequests during that cycle.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If you guys like indie games and old school arcade games, with an extra dose of gory, definitely check out Hotline Miami.

You can probably get it for $5 on the PSN/Xbox store.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i bought a playstation Vita recently, and before you say the platform is dead i found no place online that said or showed they had stopped making games for it. in fact they still make them for it it's just not as much as they make them for the PS4. and it's a pretty good system actually. i dunno why Playstation can't not only have the departments working on making PS3, PS4 the VR they are working on too and the Vita too. why even release a system if you are going to do that ya know? and i'm thinking about buying a PS4 soon too i just dunno when just yet.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

So after months of saving up I am one stupid fan wire away from finally building my ultimate gaming movie system. While I've been waiting for parts I've been playing around on my 6 year old computer. My new one will have Launchbox which can play nes, snes, Genesis, ps1, ps2, and what ever else I have forgotten along with all my Steam games. It will also be able to play all my dvd's and blurays and stream Netflix and Hulu as well as let me record all our shows from fios.

Also while I've been waiting on parts I've been grabbing steam games from sales. Today I've run into my first dilemma. Metal gear solid v phantom pain and ground zeros are having a good sale. the problem is my cpu just makes the recommendations. So right now I'm trying to decide do I buy them on steam or Xbox one. Anybody have an opinion?

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently won a couple of Steam codes on a Final Fantasy page on Facebook- Murdered: Soul Suspect (which I gave to my boyfriend because I'm nice like that- and it's not my kinda thing) and the first episode of Life is Strange, which I would have been ecstatic about four months ago, when I bought the entire story on PS4.

Life is Strange, I've really loved. I'm stuck right near the end though.

I'm also playing Final Fantasy Explorers (which is feeling very Dragon Quest to me, to be honest, and I love it. Not quite my favourite kinda game...), Pokemon X and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (my boyfriend has Omega Ruby- don't judge! I've been playing Pokemon since I was fourteen, and he's been playing it since he was twelve) and I'm postgame-filling-pokedex on each. And I love Wonder Trade

To play, but not really tried yet is Final Fantasy Type-0. Mainly because it's a lot more involved than Life is Strange with the controls, and since my son was born, I've found it easier to get into handheld games than console games...

Next to buy- Heroes of Ruin.

Yeah, I think we can see a theme in my gaming here...

Oh, and by the way, I liked FFXIII, absolutely adored FFXIII-2 (the only one in the trilogy I've completed) and haven't got to Lightning Returns yet.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got an Xbox one have been playing Arkham Knight. Can I just say I hate the riddle trophies. Also screw trying to find all the checkpoints on Miagani island. I've found all but one of them. I've looked everywhere and can't find the last checkpoint.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I never bother with the Riddler trophies. Just takes too much time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got my PS4!

I purchased the Black Ops III bundle - it's the only one that's currently being produced - and also picked up Infamous Second Son and plan to go back next week for the Ratchet & Clank game.

Can't wait for Uncharted 4 next month!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Deus Ex

Arguably the greatest game ever made is Deus Ex:

I wonder if anyone here played it back during the dawn of the new millennium and the sequels. A new one is coming soon and made me want to go back to that amazing world:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Uncharted 4 is such a fantastic game. I'm not that far into it, but I must say that the franchise really has had such a strong run. The writing, acting, gameplay, graphics, all that stuff, is some of the best I've ever seen.

Also, I've only played the demo, but give a game called Unravel a shot. Such a beautifully inventive game.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece in every sense of the word.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece in every sense of the word.
    There are people that would argue that, but I certainly wouldn't want to be that person. A very hard argument to win.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bought the Ratchet & Clank soft reboot.

I love this series so much. Just playing it makes me a happier person.

Blowing shit up with weird and funny weapons never gets old.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First time posting over but is anyone else into the Lego games? Pretty childish I know but I have a blast playin' 'em . Just something fun to do for me. I'm no gamer by any sense of the word.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Bought the Ratchet & Clank soft reboot.

I love this series so much. Just playing it makes me a happier person.

Blowing shit up with weird and funny weapons never gets old.
    AHHH! You just reminded me that's another game I have to buy. I've been too busy to play Uncharted as well. Haven't played in 2 weeks. We have to start working on our cloning technology.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    First time posting over but is anyone else into the Lego games? Pretty childish I know but I have a blast playin' 'em . Just something fun to do for me. I'm no gamer by any sense of the word.
    So, here's the thing. I love Legos. I buy them for my cousin as an excuse for me to help him put them together (read: I put them together and he plays with the figures). That being said, I've yet to play any of the Lego games, besides playing parts of Jurassic World on my cousin's 3DS. The funny thing is I continue to buy Lego games any chance I get. Many of them for very cheap. I found Lego Batman unopened for PS2 and for 360 (360 version is a PAL version though), Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga unopened. All of these were found at Goodwill for less than 5 bucks each.

I also bought Lego Lord of the Rings for the DS. So while I haven't actually played any of them, I have them ready and waiting
    Spoiler:
    for when I retire.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    So, here's the thing. I love Legos. I buy them for my cousin as an excuse for me to help him put them together (read: I put them together and he plays with the figures). That being said, I've yet to play any of the Lego games, besides playing parts of Jurassic World on my cousin's 3DS. The funny thing is I continue to buy Lego games any chance I get. Many of them for very cheap. I found Lego Batman unopened for PS2 and for 360 (360 version is a PAL version though), Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga unopened. All of these were found at Goodwill for less than 5 bucks each.

I also bought Lego Lord of the Rings for the DS. So while I haven't actually played any of them, I have them ready and waiting
    Spoiler:
    for when I retire.
    Love the avatar and your sig. One of the best shows on these days IMO. Having been a child of the 80s, I remember all too well that nuclear holocaust always seem to be on the horizon. Plus I love the Russian language and accent .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Spoiler:
    for when I retire.
    Love the avatar and your sig. One of the best shows on these days IMO. Having been a child of the 80s, I remember all too well that nuclear holocaust always seem to be on the horizon. Plus I love the Russian language and accent .
    Thanks! It truly is a fantastic show. I still feel it's underrated though. Not enough people are talking about it.

I was born in 1980, so I was a little young to be paying much attention to all the Cold War hysteria, but some stuff seems vaguely familiar.

Oh, I keep forgetting to mention this in the TV forum, but since we are talking about the show, I think that after The Americans ends, there should be another show called The Russians about American spies in Russia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 321 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast