Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: LokiJake

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake2 View Post
    I was hoping someone could reactivate my LokiJake login so i don't have to re-do all my profile info. Sorry to post here, but my login has no permissions anymore to post or reply or send messages and hoping I can update my collection pics if someone reads here. Thanks Jerome/Adminstrator in advance.
    Here's a bump for good luck!

Traveler LokiJake2 is on a distinguished road

Please help reactviste permissions on my LokiJake login. I've been able to login but can't send messages to anyone, post, etc.

I can post with this new login but hoping someone can contact admin or Jerome to fix the LokiJake. I just want to post :-) Thanks in advance! -Jake

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Jerome is out of town, not sure who else can you help you at the moment.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just sent an email to
    *****d@msn.com

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Thanks Jerome for the help with my account :-)

I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone here, but I wanted more books in my office/collection and added a bookshelf to move the books i had in the hallway to where i could see them.

Acquired 1st editions Thinner and Running Man. Neil Gaiman Neverwhere 1st edition/Signed limited edition 386/500 bookplate to FEP. Also signed to title page, with mind the gap speech bubble.

The hallway books went on top of new shelves. I also moved my Eyes of the Dragon and Black house to where I put the new additions. The desk is now a little less crowded and only has my slipcase editions plus my Gunslinger 1st and 2nd printings (unsigned). Of course Rachel Readman's sculptures and my bookends were not moved.

I have some room now to add a few more as long as they are within agreed to budget with my wife. Apparently when you have a baby coming in March, you're supposed to control spending :-)

Last edited by LokiJake; 03-16-2017 at 05:07 PM. Reason: updated office pics on more recent posts so removed a couple
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking good, Jake and congrats on your newest arrival in March! Great month to be born btw
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, and an even better add in March! Congrats man. I see those shelves and you know what I particularly like? Those gaps that will be filled, and the doors you'll be securing to them to keep the tomes away from baby hands

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Nice adds, and an even better add in March! Congrats man. I see those shelves and you know what I particularly like? Those gaps that will be filled, and the doors you'll be securing to them to keep the tomes away from baby hands
    I thought i had found this great deal for a Tennsco shelf with glass and it turned out to be a glass kit only, so i bought the shelf. With the track and instructions, it looks like the glass will not physically go in, though I admit to possessing very limited technical ability. You're right of course that I'll have to figure something out :-)
    Wanted:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Big congrats on the expected new addition to the family!

After receiving Neverwhere copy I posted above, I started looking at more Gaiman books and found American Gods #377 slipcase edition online. It turned out the seller was Borderland Books in San Francisco, so I was able to inspect and pick up in person. I included in pic signed ticket/key from the Coraline premiere after party (my brother volunteered for event in Portland years ago and Gaiman signed after borrowing his Sharpie).

3-14 updated pics to reflect return of the #377 (had faded window spot and overall fading vs the #188 in mint) and add of Neverwhere.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    When I read your reply Antoni, I started thinking about how I was going to protect more valuable books on shelf since I bought a Tennsco glass kit that won't fit; anyone need a big piece of glass + track? . I recently had some good luck that the power button on my computer quit working and got permission to make some office changes. I told the boss (my wife) I needed more work space on my desk and while reorganizing, solved the problem of where to put some of those vulnerable books I had on shelf.

While the Crimson King doesn't stare at me all day anymore, I'm happy how the whole thing turned out. I have all my DT books together and have the new Gaiman/Bachman books with the other non-DTs. Hopefully this will be the last post for awhile where everyone has to endure pics of my complete office again, but wanted to show CK + some of Maerlyn's Rainbow and book arrangement.

Dog Security

Last edited by LokiJake; 04-02-2017 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added a couple pics after CK print addition
    Wanted:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is sick. Where did you get the globes behind Rachels piece?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That is sick. Where did you get the globes behind Rachels piece?
    I think I got them from this ebay seller, but these are definitely the same pieces. If the link doesn't work, the seller id is longwinsale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1316067...&ul_noapp=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-80mm-Blac...item1ea46af913
    Wanted:

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool solution - for now . Great adds. I love how the collection is expanding nicely from the original Dark Tower roots...

After receiving and posting here about #377 S/L American Gods which I knew had the faded spot on book cover from window cut into slipcase, I found this #188 S/L that had no window/faded spot. It shouldn't have been that big of a deal, but it bothered me enough where i snatched it up. Both copies are great condition minus the faded window spot on 377 (which is also overall more faded), but the #177 is Mint. I of course didn't need 2 copies but what can you do Maybe Borderlands will give me a partial refund...

Wanted:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

And those globes/balls/whatever are a great touch to the room!

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jake!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume you have seen this, but just in case you haven't
    Song of Susannah #51 being auctioned on ebay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/381996732241
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I had not and Thank you!
    Wanted:

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

You're very welcome! I love to see a set come together
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

I really like Neverwhere and received Preferred Text today to go with 1st edition I picked up last month. It was accurately described as New and bought from seller in Ireland because I liked that it was XX

Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice !!!

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    After seeing so many amazing posts and collections here, I'm sure everyone here understands that sometimes you have amazing days even with a limited collection like I have. Receiving my CK sculpture, Gunslinger #51 and my 1st set of books when i started collection come to mine for me. It's also an amazing bonus to share those days with people on this site who get it.

When I acquired #51 set early last year, two of the books had already been sold. I asked the seller Departed Books to reach out to the buyers of Wizard and Glass and Song of Susannah a few times and in both cases there was no response. When Anthony/firemonkey66-hope i have your name right- (awesome, amazing, grateful pop in my head) posted on my thread that #51 for Song of Susannah was on ebay, I was able to reach out the the seller to have him end his listing and do a deal (via ebay so he wouldn't get penalized) where he would sell it to me outright since i didn't want to take a chance of it being sold to someone else (or wait). I purchased on Sunday and it arrived today. After a couple of glasses of wine to enjoy the moment, I opened package and am now only one book away from completing the set. It was in plastic and the seller only unwrapped to put covers on dust jacket as he had planned on keeping; it is in perfect condition.

I reached out to the seller of the original set again to forward a somewhat ridiculous offer to the buyer of Wizard and Glass #51 (including offering to physically travel there so he can inspect trades i'm offering so no worries about mailing). That aside it's a great day where i can cross out one of my two wanted books in my signature and halfway to filling the two missing slots. I have #293 and Publisher's copy of SOS, but the #51 is more valuable to me then both of them combined. I'm stoked/happy/on cloud 9 tonight with the full bottle of wine almost finished

Wanted:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast